1.    #1  
    the included phone headset played the mp3s through them. which I believe in read somewhere that it wouldn't. surprised me.
    The inlcuded headset is for telephony only. You need an accessory headset to play MP3s or you can hear them in mono thru the speakerphone (this works very well btw. I listen to audio books on my commute this way)
    Headset that came with my 650 works fine playing MP3's of listening to Audible audio books. I listen every day in my office.
    mp3 through headset workson my 650
    WOw, I havent even taken mine out of the plastic... I have to try this...

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    So you guys are saying it worked through your regular head set or bluetooth headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoFever
    So you guys are saying it worked through your regular head set or bluetooth headset?
    That is the question I want answered! I guess I will find out when mine arrives. I am very interested in this feature; it is how I get animals to come close when I lead nature hikes :-) (another twisted use of a PDA).
    you canot listen through built in bluetooth, but you can use a bluetooth adapter like the jabra a210 plugged in to the 2.5mm headset jack. presto..mp3s over bluetooth. as an bonus, you can also use the jabra a210 with you cordless or home phone. get it here:

http://blueheadsets.zoovy.com/produc...A=froogle-A210

or on ebay for about $30 with shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by singersong
    you canot listen through built in bluetooth, but you can use a bluetooth adapter like the jabra a210 plugged in to the 2.5mm headset jack. presto..mp3s over bluetooth. as an bonus, you can also use the jabra a210 with you cordless or home phone. get it here:

http://blueheadsets.zoovy.com/produc...A=froogle-A210

or on ebay for about $30 with shipping.
    Oh, so cool! So I could plug this into my speakers, and use the built-in bluetooth in my 650 to send mp3's to my speakers? That is what I need. I hope it works.
    WHOO HOO! Mine works... The original earbud does transmit audio from Ptunes, shoutcast even... Imagine that... Mine was still sealed, I had to take mine out of the plastic... Thank goodness someone noticed this or else I would have never known!

I wonder if the 600's earbud works in this way as well? I still have my original 600 earbud....

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...