1.    #1  
    Hum. So what does everyone think about this? Does everyone think that it will actually take that long? I am tempted to order one via p1, but I can also haggle one out of a St. Louis store and have it by Friday, maybe even tomorrow.

What should I do?

I am not too concerned with having an unlocked phone as I plan to stay with cingular.

Luke
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Is Cingular quoting that long where you are? If so, try calling around to different stores. My local business rep has one on it's way to her as we speak. You might try looking for a bus rep in your area, as well. Hopefully I'll be picking mine up in a day or two.
    Vince
  3.    #3  
    I was talking about the 1-2 week shipping estimate from palmone.

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    When I talked to Palmone on the phone they told me that they had enough Treo650 on site to meet all of the current orders. I was told it will most likely be quicker, it just depends on how quickly they can process the orders and put the packages on the truck...

Not sure if that is true, but that is what I was told.

I'm sure there will be some extra time involved with starting the contract and porting my number to Cingular.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I highly doubt they would make up that time without something to back it up. Some places pad those numbers, but you never know. Order it and let us know.

Joe
    I'm sure they're just swamped in orders and want to make sure they're in the clear.

1-2 weeks is nothing compared to the agony of a delayed release. At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel now, ya know?

I prefer a company to tell me something may take a little more time rather than hear nothing and then sit biting my nails until it arrives. Of course, I will probably be doing that anyhow.
    I just got an "Advanced Sale Confirmation" from P1 informing me that my T650 is officially on backorder.

BTW, in case your wondering I placed my order on 2/1/05 at 9:00PM. My order number is 050201-2098**.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovation2
    I just got an "Advanced Sale Confirmation" from P1 informing me that my T650 is officially on backorder.

BTW, in case your wondering I placed my order on 2/1/05 at 9:00PM. My order number is 050201-2098**.
    Me too. This happened when the Sprint Treo 650 was announced. I just hope they don't repeat what happened when they started shipping. They starting shipping orders placed after they came off backorder first before the orders that were backordered.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Impatiently waiting for Treo 650 GSM
    I ordered this morning and my cc has been charged already which says to me that the unit has been shipped (at least I hope so)
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmccarter
    I ordered this morning and my cc has been charged already which says to me that the unit has been shipped (at least I hope so)
    Nope thius just means that Palmone is putting a "Hold" on the funds on your credit card. They did the same thing for the Sprint 650.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Nope thius just means that Palmone is putting a "Hold" on the funds on your credit card. They did the same thing for the Sprint 650.
    When I ordered my Sprint 650 the hold stayed on my credit card for 2 weeks.
    I think the length of the hold varies depending on the policies for the card.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Impatiently waiting for Treo 650 GSM