1.    #1  
    PalmOne is offering the free bluetooth headset to previous Treo owners like they did when the Sprint Treo 650 first came out.

Here's the link:

http://web.palmone.com/promos/treo65...ace_cing_order
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Impatiently waiting for Treo 650 GSM
    Cingular/AT&T Wireless customers only
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    Cingular/AT&T Wireless customers only
    You have to order a Cingular/AT&T Treo 650 but you don't have to already be a Cingular/AT&T customer. The serial # from my Sprint Treo 650 worked.
    It is obsurd that this deal is not offered to ALL palmOne users...
    I just got off the phone with Natalie at palmOne customer service and told me that she was told that there are NO exceptions to the bluetooth headset deal, only Cingular/Attws customers.

I told her I was a Palm customer since 1997 and it is crazy that palmOne is rewarding not their own customers, but a phone company's customers...

FWIW: She seemed empathetic and apologized that she couldn't provide the discount.

If palmOne truly cared about its customers they would offer the deal to all Treo 650 orders. Customers are purchasing the unlocked treos because they enjoy palmOne's product, and not the service with a particular phone service provider. We are willing to pay an extra $150 for the phone and palmOne won't reward its loyal customers with a headset... sad customer service.

I wonder if the 128 MB SD card will only be available to Cingular customers as well...
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    to believe that this is because of the high amount of radiation from that phone company. Read more here
    No doubt ATT/Cingular is somehow subsidising this offer. I'm sure that's why only their phones are eligable.
    how does this work? i entered my serial # and it accepted it.. and then it told me to buy a treo in order to get it... but i already have a treo!
    wheres the link?
    Hate to burst any bubbles (or conspiracy theories) they did this for Sprint Upgrades too...

Here's the offer e-mail I got from P1 way baack when...

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:23:36 -0800 (PST)

Time is running out -- there are only two weeks remaining in our Treo 650 smartphone upgrade program. So there's never been a better time to upgrade from your current palmOne device to a Treo 650 smartphone.

Now through November 26,2004 when you upgrade to a Treo 650 smartphone with or without a Sprint service plan and you'll receive a Bluetooth® headset ($99 value) for FREE. So you'll get an amazing all-in-one device, plus a convenient and practical headset worth $99. But hurry, you only have two weeks left to save.

So visit palmOne.com today to order your Treo 650 smartphone and take advantage of this great offer.

1 Email, messaging, and web access require data services from a mobile service provider.
    2 Requires expansion card, sold separately.

© 2004 palmOne, Inc. All rights reserved. | palmOne.com | palmOne Store
    The content of this message is based on your palmOne Newsletter profile. To modify your profile or unsubscribe, click here. Or, unsubscribe by replying to this message, with "unsubscribe" as the subject line of the message.

palmOne, Inc. 400 N. McCarthy Blvd. Mail Stop 4209, Milpitas, CA 95035
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tami
    how does this work? i entered my serial # and it accepted it.. and then it told me to buy a treo in order to get it... but i already have a treo!
    You have to buy a new Treo in order to get it.
    I entered my Sprint 650's serial and it just gave me the message:

"Your upgrade has been activated. To receive your FREE Bluetooth® Wireless headset, just purchase a Treo 650 smartphone, with or without service."

Bummer dude...

Quote Originally Posted by apdageek
    You have to order a Cingular/AT&T Treo 650 but you don't have to already be a Cingular/AT&T customer. The serial # from my Sprint Treo 650 worked.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Here is my complaint, I got the same email in November... Notice the wording..

Sprint Quote: Now through November 26,2004 when you upgrade to a Treo 650 smartphone with or without a Sprint service plan and you'll receive a Bluetooth® headset ($99 value) for FREE.

Cingular quote: Just order your Treo 650 smartphone for use with a new or existing Cingular Wireless service plan and you'll receive a FREE Bluetooth(R) headset with your order ($99 value).

Before it did not matter if it was for sprint or not. Now it is only for a Cingular phone... bad and inconsistant customer care.
    I feel that if a lot of people complain, we may be able to push PalmOne in our favor. I've owned a Palm since 1999. The only thing I've received from PalmOne is a free 128 mb card. I thought that was great. I would rather have a cradle or something more useful than a cheesy headset. I spent $600 for a new Treo 650. I still own my Treo 600 ... and have never received any discounts or rebates from Sprint or PalmOne / Handspring for upgrading handsets every 6-10 months. Been with Sprint PCS for 6 years....maybe they would like to offer me something. I am very dissapointed. OK i vented.
    <insert snide tone>

Great!

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers let you regain control of your computer when the screensaver kicks in... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers can pause iTunes when the phone rings using the Salling Clicker... or adjust the volume, or pause any DVD player, etc., etc., etc... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers have proximity detection (and this leads to a whole other list)... but not Palm.
    Using proximity detection to provide for or enhance security by pairing Treo with desktop machine or laptop

Sensing when you are about to walk in the door and automatically turn on the lights

etc, etc, etc...

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers let the Bluetooth phone perform event triggering... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers let you send and receive SMS messages through your phone using Address Book (and even breaking that 160 character limit by doing it through Address Book)... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers let you dial a Bluetooth phone through the Mac OS X Address Book... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers let Mac OS X use your Bluetooth phone to dial and send faxes... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers let the Bluetooth phone send caller ID info to the computer and display it on screen... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers let you answer, talk and listen to the Bluetooth phone via you computer... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers can communicate with the Samsonite Hardlite series of cases that have Bluetooth for anti-theft technology (notifying me if case is removed or tampered with) and can exchange information back and forth like suitcase/briefcase proximity, flight information, connections, personal information… but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers can print to Bluetooth printers like a Brother MW-100, HP Bluetooth 995c, Si-Pix Pocket Printer, a Pentax PocketJet 200, or any other version or manufacturer apparently… but not Palm.

Some Bluetooth phone manufacturers even let the Mac do the connecting to the phone and see the files on the handset or memory card that you may want to download to the desktop or laptop… but not Palm.

This is to say nothing of PalmOne/PalmSource passing on the use of the 2+ year old technology called Bluetooth 1.2... or Bluetooth 1.2+ Enhanced, or Bluetooth 2.0 EDR. Why would you use the 51 month old Bluetooth 1.1 standard (think about it - that is almost 4 and a half years old)??

The only redeeming quality of Palm's implementation of Bluetooth (that being the use of a non-stereo cordless headset) is denied to T-Mobile customers. As a T-Mobile user, there is no way in hel! I am going to fork over $600 for a 650.