Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    I certainly respect your insistance on not giving P1 the benefit of the doubt. I have been mistreated by several companies that I no longer do business w/, & I'm assuming that you have probably had similar experiences totalling a far greater number than me. Though none of us wanted to hear that P1's shipping policies could be so terrible, you kept us grounded enough to realize that we should be prepared to deal w/ the worst. Now that our unlocked GSM Treo 650's are shipping, we can be happy to know that the worst-case scenario of March that you gave was not quite correct. Thank you for lowering our expectations of P1 to have them come out better than what we anticipated.
    Please pass the salt and the tenderizer. I expect to eat some of my words. I am glad that it is not March as I am sorry that it is as arbitrarily late as it is.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Thanks for your report; I look forward to hearing more. That said, it seems to me that the problem for the 650 is not the mapping software but the connector. I can afford the 650 at almost any price but the (arbitrary, P1 has failed to defend or explain it) change in the connector emasculates most exisitng GPS solutions. It may be that the Mapopolis card with some BT GPS solution may work, but it is far from obvious and expensive to test. I admit that my current GPS solutiion using iTrek and Mapopolis is a great value. However, I resent the fact that I cannot find any way to salvage any part of it as I move to the 650 and that any 650 solution looks as though it will cost twice what I have paid for my 600 solution.

Do I have it right or am I missing something.
    As far as I know, there are plenty of BT GPS Solutions that work with the Treo. If the T650 has the same connector as other Palm devices, wired devices that are set to work for them should also work for the T650. I don't think it has anything to do with testing. One can easily find people online who have many of these successfully working, if not a simple email to the manufacturer will provide the answer to whether it's been tested on a T650.

As far as your dissapointment that you can't salvage your current solution, that is indeed unfortunate, but this is something we've been over. Yes, P1 made a decision which has caused people added expense, and that's not good. But constantly bringing this up does no good. What's done is done, let's move on! Whmurray, I'm not saying you don't have valid points, but you keep bringing up how you've been wronged by P1 in countless ways and I just wonder what the purpose of this is? If they truly have caused you so much pain, than there ARE other devices and platforms out ther to utilize. If you've invested too much in PalmOS, well, we all have invested a lot and we do get angry when our loyalty is repaid with actions that are not favorable to us. But bringing these items up continuously after they have already been done is not going to do anything. It's like wallowing in your sarrows. At some point you have to move on. Either vote with your feet and leave the community, or provide useful tips for people to use their new device, as imperfect as it is, the best they can. Whining on and off non stop does no one any good. No offense meant to you personally, I just think you are wasting your time and others by bringing up old news that everyone realizes already but can't do anything about...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Please discuss this stuff in accessories forums.....
    Thanks
    no more than 12hrs & 30min to go.....WOOHOO!!!!!!
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Ah, wasn't it a nice, quiet weekend?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    ........As far as your dissapointment that you can't salvage your current solution, that is indeed unfortunate, but this is something we've been over. Yes, P1 made a decision which has caused people added expense, and that's not good. But constantly bringing this up does no good. What's done is done, let's move on! Whmurray......
    In the spirit of moving on, I have found a pretty good solution. It attaches to power and to my iTrek mouse-style GPS. It converts the signal from the mouse to BT for the 650. Best of all, it is on sale for only $50-.

http://www.semsons.com/bluetcarchar.html
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041