Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cmccarter
    After ordering my 650 this morning, I got the order confirmation almost immediatelly saying "Your credit card will not be charged until the order ships." Well my card was charged about 10 min ago so I guess they are shipping today
    Which did you order, Cingular or P1 Unlocked. Based on the thread description I assume unlocked.
    What will be the difference between the cingular, attws, and unlocked version of the 650?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    What will be the difference between the cingular, attws, and unlocked version of the 650?
    Cingular will be locked to Cingular SIM cards.
    ATTWS will be locked to ATTWS SIM cards.
    Unlocked will accept any SIM card.

Plus, each device may have some additional carrier-specific applications which may or may not be desirable.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmccarter
    After ordering my 650 this morning, I got the order confirmation almost immediatelly saying "Your credit card will not be charged until the order ships." Well my card was charged about 10 min ago so I guess they are shipping today
    I ordered mine about the same time as cmccarter. He's saying his credit card has been billed, but I just got an email saying the phone was on back order. I ordered the P1 unlocked version with nothing additional on the order except the free stuff and opted for the free standard shipping.

I just hope P1 doesn't have these orders all messed up!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Ordered my early this morning. (6:30am EST.) Usually I check P1 before going to bed but last night I didn't. D'oh! Anyway just ordered Piel Frama case for it. I hope they come on the same day, or the case comes first, because I'm a klutz and the phone doesn't leave the house naked.

Oh, no backorder email from P1 either. (fingers crossed)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    OK...I just checked my credit card...there's a 'pending charge' for the right amount that was just entered...so what's the story P1??? Which should I believe? That you won't charge my card until it ready to ship or that it's back ordered?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    OK...I just checked my credit card...there's a 'pending charge' for the right amount that was just entered...so what's the story P1??? Which should I believe? That you won't charge my card until it ready to ship or that it's back ordered?
    Your card isn't technically charged... that's the credit hold. This is a normal practice, even with backordered items. They want to make sure you have the money/credit available.
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    Your card isn't technically charged... that's the credit hold. This is a normal practice, even with backordered items. They want to make sure you have the money/credit available.
    I've never encountered that before, but thank you for the explanation. I've had companies send thru a small charge, just to see if it's a valid account. (Which happen this morning a few minutes after I ordered...$2 charge). This is usually retracted once they now the credit account actually exists. But this afternoon, just after I got the backorder email, I checked my credit card again. There's another pending charge for $599...

All I can hope is that means it will ship SOON...maybe not 1-2 weeks away. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    I ordered unlocked through VC, I wonder who will receive first....
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I ordered my GSM T650 this morning on P1's Web site. I come home and read the confirmation e-mail about my order: "The following item(s) will be shipped when in stock." WHEN IN STOCK???? What the f*** is P1 doing? Did anyone else receive a similar e-mail?
    What's the "lifestyle guide"?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Just ordered mine today. My friend has the Sprint version and talked my into buying the Treo 650. I have GSM so I got the unlocked. Hope to get it within a week!
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    Yeah. I saw this on my invoice too.

I wonder if Palm is going to try to get me to come out of the closet.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I'll bite! I ordered my Treo 650 this afternoon...
    Confirmation email received Feb 2, 2005 2:59 PM
    Order number: 050202-218256
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    Cingular will be locked to Cingular SIM cards.
    ATTWS will be locked to ATTWS SIM cards.
    Unlocked will accept any SIM card.

Plus, each device may have some additional carrier-specific applications which may or may not be desirable.
    Unlocked doesn't have DUN disabled
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    Looks like it might be the Atkins software (or some part of it)
    Lifestyle Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    I'll bite! I ordered my Treo 650 this afternoon...
    Confirmation email received Feb 2, 2005 2:59 PM
    Order number: 050202-218256
    AWAITING SHIPMENT???????????????????
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    AWAITING SHIPMENT???????????????????
    So how did you jump to the front of the shipping line! Lucky Dog! I order early this morning EST and MY 3PM email said back ordered!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoaoPauzaoNYC
    Just talked to a P1 store, whose rep told me they'll have stock of the unlocked GSM on Monday. !!!
    palm store in nyc?

where in nyc?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    So how did you jump to the front of the shipping line! Lucky Dog! I order early this morning EST and MY 3PM email said back ordered!
    Exactly....I ordered at 11:34PM EST last night, & mine still says, "Order Received."
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast