Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    no email. still back ordered. yet, my order number is lower than some who have gotten "the email". wonder what that means? I guess it means I'm still waiting.

at least I'm not alone.

-------------------------------------------
    Order Number: 050202-2284xx
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    I hear ya!
    Been doing business with them along time too and they have always delivered within the time frame that they have specified. Well I'll be careful how I phrase that, I had been doing business with Handspring from day one with their visor and this actually my first purchase with Palm.
    Perhaps. They have certainly never shipped earlier than that. I would argue that they are always relative and never specific. Do they meet the expectations of those here. Where do the expectations in TC come from? Are they not fed by P1 teases? Search the forum for "March" or even for "tease." No one can accuse me encouraging false hope.

What value does it serve to tell someone on the 10th that the order that they placed on the 1st or the 2nd, and which you have already acknowledged that the order has a status of "back ordered" that it "began processing" on the day that you placed it? Or even that it is in "allocation?" Even their most loyal apologists cannot say that that is more than one more tease.
    Last edited by whmurray; 02/10/2005 at 06:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    A couple of questions for you guys. I have this guess that maybe they are doing this by who opted for overnight and who opted for standard shipping. Any of you guys who have gotten emails just getting it shipped standard? I'm doing standard shipping and haven't gotten an email yet. (no need to respond if you ordered it express)

Secondly, now that it's been a few hours has anyone checked to see their order status having actually changed on the web site? (again, no need to respond if your status hasn't changed)
    Twitter: @dvdmon

This is the latest information, taken from the P1 website at 1926 hrs EST, Thursday, February 10, 2005. Please note the date of last update.

Treo smartphone shipping information: Updated February 2, 2005

The following chart provides our best estimate on when you can expect your order to ship from our warehouse.

NOTE: This page will be updated regularly as additional information becomes available, so please check back.
    Order placed: Expected ship dates:
    Treo 600 After July 21, 2004 In stock, shipping normally
    Cingular Wireless Treo 650 After February 2, 2005 1-2 weeks
    Unlocked Treo 650 After February 2, 2005 1-2 weeks
    Sprint Treo 650 After November 8, 2004 In stock, shipping normally

Please note:

* These are expected ship times only. We cannot guarantee shipment on the specific dates listed above.
    * Orders are processed in the order they are received, however, some orders may require additional review time to ensure the order is processed correctly.
    * The chart above lists the dates that orders are expected to ship from our warehouse. Actual shipping time is based on the shipping method that you selected when you placed your order.
    * Some accessories may be subject to additional delays. These items will be shipped separately at no extra shipping cost to you.
    * The information provided is the latest and most complete information on your Treo 600 order and is the same information provided to our Customer Support Center.
    * We will not charge your credit card until your order ships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    I have gotten the e-mail and my order still says back ordered. So there goes your theory.
    I think they forgot about the website. The email said wait 1 hour before checking for an updated status. I'm thinking they're all in the warehouse packing boxes with styrofoam peanuts.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I think they forgot about the website. The email said wait 1 hour before checking for an updated status. I'm thinking they're all in the warehouse packing boxes with styrofoam peanuts.
    i don't think it's that rudimentary.

they probably have a system that updates some kind of order database on a pre-determined interval. the people in the warehouse don't manually enter a 'order is shipped' button. they just put it in boxes and tape it up. the bar codes etc do the rest. automation in a logistics operation is quite a marvelous thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    I just got off of the phone with Matt at P1 CS and he said that my 650 went into allocations 2hrs ago and should ship out tonight if not definitely will ship tomorrow!
    My fingers are crossed!
    What order number range are you?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    I do not much care what any of the quoted e-mails say. Until someone's order status changes to shipped or the notice on the web site changes, all of this is simply (P1?) tease.
    ^we get your damn point
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    A couple of questions for you guys. I have this guess that maybe they are doing this by who opted for overnight and who opted for standard shipping. Any of you guys who have gotten emails just getting it shipped standard? I'm doing standard shipping and haven't gotten an email yet. (no need to respond if you ordered it express)

Secondly, now that it's been a few hours has anyone checked to see their order status having actually changed on the web site? (again, no need to respond if your status hasn't changed)

one of the early guys who started this whole "i got an email" posted an image of his order from the palm web site. he opted for standard shipping.

hmm. my cc is 578 low, but that might not mean anything.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by pramit
    i don't think it's that rudimentary.

they probably have a system that updates some kind of order database on a pre-determined interval. the people in the warehouse don't manually enter a 'order is shipped' button. they just put it in boxes and tape it up. the bar codes etc do the rest. automation in a logistics operation is quite a marvelous thing.
    That was a joke. At least I though whmurray would get a kick...
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
  12. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I got the order confirmation email today at 3:30 EST. I ordered mine on 02/03. I bet they ship very soon. Yippeee.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    And you have been "doing business" with P1 for how long? Do you always do business while holding on to your ankles?
    Wow, no disclaimer for the little children walking by our computers?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cec
    I got the order confirmation email today at 3:30 EST. I ordered mine on 02/03. I bet they ship very soon. Yippeee.
    Yes, but has your order status changed on the web site???
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    one of the early guys who started this whole "i got an email" posted an image of his order from the palm web site. he opted for standard shipping.

hmm. my cc is 578 low, but that might not mean anything.
    Interesting... mine is $570 low. It was $1130 before. I have two on order, one at $515, one at $615. I don't know what any of this means.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    What order number range are you?
    Order Date:
    2/01/2005 08:58:17 PM
    Order Number:
    050201-2097XX
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    A question for those who have gotten these emails recently:

Have you already recieved any accesories or freebies that came with your treo?

Like other here I haven't recieved any email, and my order is in the 050201-2098xx range (2/01/2005 @ 9:00 pm PST) and I opted for next day shipping. The webpage still says backordered and no emails about status changes, but I have already recieved all my accessories.

Just wonder if it is them shipping backordered accessories (since when my accessories were being prcoessed to ship, it said my Treo was also processing, but then went back to backordered after the accessories shipped).

Just an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf
    A question for those who have gotten these emails recently:

Have you already recieved any accesories or freebies that came with your treo?

Like other here I haven't recieved any email, and my order is in the 050201-2098xx range (2/01/2005 @ 9:00 pm PST) and I opted for next day shipping. The webpage still says backordered and no emails about status changes, but I have already recieved all my accessories.

Just wonder if it is them shipping backordered accessories (since when my accessories were being prcoessed to ship, it said my Treo was also processing, but then went back to backordered after the accessories shipped).

Just an idea.
    FYI, I just ordered the Treo with no accessories and non express shipping - received the email at 3:39 PM - see below for order #
    Hope this helps - no activity on credit card and status still backordered.
    Unlocked 650 on Cingular
    SE HBH-660
    Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Hardware: A
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    True. You guys are playing with yourselves and I bet I am having more fun.
    We are thrilled that you are pleased with yourself. We thank you for being here to keep us grounded. We would like nothing more than for you to continue posting on this board even though it serves no purpose for you. We know you are doing it as a service for the rest of us delusional people.

ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!