Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    I just got off the phone with a P1 rep and she said that the unlocked 650s are shipping this Saturday.

They'll probably be shipped in a sack on top of an arthritic donkey.
    ROTFLMAO! Great and quotable!
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    That contradicts what I was just told my Ashley at p1 CS. She told me my phone would ship on 2/16, at the latest, since I ordered mine on 2/2. It completely baffles me how a company cannot provide a message to their CS department so they can provide a CONSISTENT f'ing message.

Ugh...(I know, myself (and quite a few others) are edgy while we wait for this phone...lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    Well guys, I just called P1. I wanted to check on my accessories which I still don't have, but they couldn't really tell me anything about them other than they shipped. I also wanted to ask them about changing my phone order to overnight, but they said that I would have to cancel my phone order and reorder it - they can't just change the shipping, boo! She did say that because I had ordered it so early (2/2 AM) that I would be one of the first to get mine sent. So I then asked what the current shipping estimate is and she said "we're giving it about a week and a half to two weeks." I asked her for clarification: "is that a week and a half FROM now." Yes, she said. Perfect English, no accent, so there was no language barrier. So it looks like this Saturday may not happen indeed, but rather a week from Saturday! Let's just hope that this is a very conservative estimate and the phones will ship a lot sooner... Bleh!
    Surprise! Surprise! What part of March do you not understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    That contradicts what I was just told my Ashley at p1 CS. She told me my phone would ship on 2/16, at the latest, since I ordered mine on 2/2. It completely baffles me how a company cannot provide a message to their CS department so they can provide a CONSISTENT f'ing message.

Ugh...(I know, myself (and quite a few others) are edgy while we wait for this phone...lol)
    The last thing in the world that P1 wants is a consistent message. The consistent answer is two weeks. It was two weeks a month ago, it was two weeks yesterday, it is two weeks today, and it will be two weeks two weeks from now. First it was two weeks to announce, then two week to the GSM, then two weeks to GSM unlocked, then two weeks to place an order, then two weeks.... Well you get the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    The last thing in the world that P1 wants is a consistent message. The consistent answer is two weeks. It was two weeks a month ago, it was two weeks yesterday, it is two weeks today, and it will be two weeks two weeks from now. First it was two weeks to announce, then two week to the GSM, then two weeks to GSM unlocked, then two weeks to place an order, then two weeks.... Well you get the idea.
    lol...I think I'm just going to stop thinking (and checking my order status) about this and just wait until I get my shipment confirmation email. Less stress and frustration...although, I'll be pissed if I don't get the shipment notification email on 2/16...lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Surprise! Surprise! What part of March do you not understand?
    You're saying these won't ship till March?
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    I have been saying that consistently for three months. So far, I am looking much better than any of the rumors.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    We're never gonna get our treos... http://www.rage3d.com/board/images/smilies/tear.gif
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    Don't worry MFizzel, that's just the official Treocentral pessimist and P1-Basher Not that he isn't right, but I'm not sure what he's referring to about March. So far that's not been in any of the estimates. Of course, they could all be wrong and we may get them in April for all I know!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

...is it sad that i check my order status often enough to have memorized the order #?
    Will someone come check me out of this nice hotel with the padded walls and this really warm white coat that keeps my arms all warm around my body when these things ship......it is easier now waiting with the drugs....
    what was i waiting for again?...
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    lol...I think I'm just going to stop thinking (and checking my order status) about this and just wait until I get my shipment confirmation email. Less stress and frustration...although, I'll be pissed if I don't get the shipment notification email on 2/16...lol.
    I was told Saturday, the 12th and that is what I'm banking on. I'm calling tomorrow to check again. Maybe if we flood them with inquiries, they will just ship the damn things? I know, whmurray, you will say they don't care
    Here's to hoping they do...
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Better change banks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I was told Saturday, the 12th and that is what I'm banking on.
    I like that idea, I say we just keep flooding the 800 number till it gets so expensive for them that they just ship the units

I want my 650!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Better change banks.
    I'm thinking we flood PalmOne's phone banks and see how they like it
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    At least wait till monday till you flood them. While I'm not against harrassing them on the one hand, I do feel sorry for all the people who need to call them to place orders or fix issues with their orders etc. Flooding P1 punishes your fellow customers who have to stay on hold for excessive amounts of time because we're impatient and keep asking "has it shipped yet? has it shipped yet?"

I'm as annoyed and impatient as everyone - and believe me having to order my phone 3 times and make 4 phone calls to sort out an address problem certainly put a bad taste in my mouth - but to be fair on day of ordering P1 said "allow 1 to 2 weeks for shipping" and we don't hit 2 weeks till tuesday (or monday evening late technically.)
    Last edited by Boobookins; 02/10/2005 at 08:00 AM. Reason: fix grammer
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    050208-2792xx ordered 2/8 and told would arrive in 1-2 weeks!!!!!!!
    Will I ever make it? At least my Dell PocketPC x50v will be here today.....hopefully
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin4740
    ...is it sad that i check my order status often enough to have memorized the order #?

You're good, I just copy and paste because I am so lazy. On the other hand, does anyone else see a problem with the 2/12 ship date? It is a Saturday, and if I am correct, PalmOne ships with UPS. UPS does not ship on Saturday unless you specify Saturday delivery. I selected overnight shipping, so hopefully if it ships on 2/14, I will have it in-hand on 2/15.
    Palm probably has a pretty good sized fulfillment operation (or they out-source it) so Saturday pickup by UPS is definitely possible. Large shippers are treated differently than you or I. It's unlikely to make it into the UPS system before Monday but it could well leave Palm's warehouse on Saturday.

Meanwhile, I ordered mine on 2/3 and am still classified as the dreaded "Backordered."
    Did anyone get an email like the one I made up in my signature as a joke a while back ?
    It's starting to look like the joke is on us
    Unlocked 650 on Cingular
    SE HBH-660
    Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Hardware: A