Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gdb
    Nope, I am in the 60x's.
    Ah. Well, welcome to TC, & good luck w/ your order.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    This makes no real sense to me. Who ships on Saturday? Nobody. There is no way anyone would get it Monday. Shipping companies only deliver on Saturday for extra fees (on top of express) and nobody picks up deliveries on Saturday.
    Just because shipping companies don't do this for consumers doesn't mean they don't for corporate. For example, I ordered Valentine's flowers from ProFlowers.com (which I've been using for 3+ years). Generally, they ship directly from the grower, overnight, the day before they are due. They are delivering on Valentine's Day, so they must be getting things shipped on Saturday or Sunday.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with a P1 rep and she said that the unlocked 650s are shipping this Saturday.

They'll probably be shipped in a sack on top of an arthritic donkey.
  4. gdb
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    Ah. Well, welcome to TC, & good luck w/ your order.
    Thanks, You too!
    Quote Originally Posted by gdb
    Thanks, You too!
    You're welcome, & thank you!!

I hope this Saturday thing is right. I just wish it could be this Thursday instead. I'm not sure how well I'm (& the rest of you in this thread) going to take another weekend of waiting.
    You're welcome, & thank you!!

I hope this Saturday thing is right. I just wish it could be this Thursday instead. I'm not sure how well I'm (& the rest of you in this thread) going to take another weekend of waiting.
    Seriously!!
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    I spoke with PalmOne yesterday and they said order # is less of a factor than order type. A member reported giving his phone in 2 days when he signed up ordering new service with a new phone number.
    I specifically mentioned unlocked each time I spoke of my order. I didn't ask if all of them would ship, but I'm hoping that I'm close enough to the top that mine will be sent out Saturday. She point blank said "Your Treo will be shipped on Saturday".

As far as new contracts, I though I read that people who tried to order recently with a new contract were also backordered. I could be wrong.

Either way, I hope whomever wants a 650 can get one. Plus, it's good karma
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    ...but I'm hoping that I'm close enough to the top that mine will be sent out Saturday. She point blank said "Your Treo will be shipped on Saturday".
    Yours is still the earliest order I've seen, & you've had no order problems so far, right? You certainly should be up there.

....& so should I....
    OKay, now that I have posted over 100 times since only January 28th, & we think the unlocked GSM Treo 650 is supposed to be shipping this Saturday, should I try to relax from now until Monday & try to stay away from TC? It might help my nerves, but it's hard to stay away.
    OKay, now that I have posted over 100 times since only January 28th, & we think the unlocked GSM Treo 650 is supposed to be shipping this Saturday, should I try to relax from now until Monday & try to stay away from TC? It might help my nerves, but it's hard to stay away.
    What? And risk missing a vital update about a early ship date? LOL! I'm way too anxious now that Ashley told me it will ship Saturday.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    What? And risk missing a vital update about a early ship date? LOL! I'm way too anxious now that Ashley told me it will ship Saturday.
    Me, too. I'm sure I won't be able to stay away. I'd have to know that all the others who have been glued here would be away as well. I don't want to miss anything. I've come to need TC.

BTW, I even attempted to sign up for an alert for my AMEX account to get an SMS when I received a new charge, but that isn't one of the alerts they offer. I subscribed to "Irregular Account Activity," though, just in case. I figure that could come in handy anyway.

I WANT MY SIX FIF-TY (sounds kinda like "I want my MTV")
    Apparently, I can stop checking my AMEX account for charges for the following reason as well (posted on the AMEX website):
    "Recent Activity information is updated nightly..."
    argh....at least I can remember my pwd now
    Yes, I believe this and seen examples. But these are examples of companies whose business is doing this. P1 is going to ship thousands on a Saturday? B.S. (not blaming anyone posting here, just the people at P1 giving out this info). Maybe they "release" on Saturday, the warehouse starts shipping on Monday, and if they do the job right, those who paid for overnight get it on Tuesday.

But this seems too contrived for me. I mean if the issue is tight supply shouldn't a few have shipped already? If they aren't just there yet, then they should be saying they ship out as supply comes in. Why a massive shipment on "Saturday". Sorry, but I've done the ordering a hot new product routine from Apple too many times to count and it doesn't work this way. The early orders get going first and then they start trickling out until the supply channel finally fills.

Either they are artifically holds the units, or the people giving out the info have no clue. I vote for the latter since the former implies a level of organization from P1 we haven't seen in the Treo 650 rollout yet.

And for my last complaint of the night, where the heck are the Treo 650 cradles???? How many months does it take to build these things?

Quote Originally Posted by Anomaly
    Just because shipping companies don't do this for consumers doesn't mean they don't for corporate. For example, I ordered Valentine's flowers from ProFlowers.com (which I've been using for 3+ years). Generally, they ship directly from the grower, overnight, the day before they are due. They are delivering on Valentine's Day, so they must be getting things shipped on Saturday or Sunday.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I've spoken to two P1 CSRs over the past couple of days, and the response was the same: They have the phones, but the CSRs were not sure why there weren't shipping out yet. Maybe others got other stories, but I got that same line twice, so I've just assumed they're holding due to an arrangement with carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    But this seems too contrived for me. I mean if the issue is tight supply shouldn't a few have shipped already? If they aren't just there yet, then they should be saying they ship out as supply comes in...Either they are artifically holds the units, or the people giving out the info have no clue. I vote for the latter since the former implies a level of organization from P1 we haven't seen in the Treo 650 rollout yet.
    She point blank said "Your Treo will be shipped on Saturday".
    Have you received any accessories from P1 yet? Did you order any accessories from P1 other than what comes w/ the 650? I know I've seen others who say they have received accessories, but I think they had ordered more than just the 650. I have received nothing so far & only ordered the 650 from P1.
    Have you received any accessories from P1 yet? Did you order any accessories from P1 other than what comes w/ the 650? I know I've seen others who say they have received accessories, but I think they had ordered more than just the 650. I have received nothing so far & only ordered the 650 from P1.
    Nope, I didn't want some out-of-stock item hold back my 650. Wow, that sure worked out for me. I'm still looking at accessories from 3rd party vendors. I ordered 1 case so far, but I'm thinking I may try eGrips or a slip-on skin too. What did you get?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Nope, I didn't want some out-of-stock item hold back my 650. Wow, that sure worked out for me. I'm still looking at accessories from 3rd party vendors. I ordered 1 case so far, but I'm thinking I may try eGrips or a slip-on skin too. What did you get?
    OKay, that should be a good sign then. I was mainly curious as to whether you had received anything else from the order & if you had ordered only the 650 from them.
    I received my Cardo Scala 500 last Thurs or Fri.
    Sena says they shipped my black MagnetFlipper case on Sat.
    I think Brando shipped my lenses (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=71584) & Brando WorkShop UltraClear screen protectors yesterday.
    That's it so far. I'm waiting to decide on software until I get it, since that's just a download away. At some point I'll also add a BT GPS (likely the i.Trek w/ 16 channels) & TomTom. Oh yeah, & I'm hoping for a Palm-usable Wifi/SD card will come to market.
    i just ordered the egrips along with the proclip belt holster and car holster.. hopefully the egrips will play nicely with them..
    i have total confidence that palm1 could ship on saturday. I'm sure they have aggrement with the shippers that cost a lot less than what the shipper charge regular people.

now, do i have confidence that they actually will? i'm not holding my breath.

If it comes on monday, I guess that means no work for me since I got it shipped to work.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    btw, does anyone know of a place to get less expensive syncing/charging cables while I wait for a cradle?

thanx.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.