Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Oh Hell, Why Not....

Thank you for ordering from palmOne Sales!

This automated email is to confirm that we have received your order.

Your order number is 050208-277XXX.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Been 7 days since ordering and it's still... BACKORDERED
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    Been 7 days since ordering and it's still... BACKORDERED

yea, same here
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Your order number is 050202-22XXXX.!
    Yours is the highest number that I have seen, except for mine.
    Got you guys beat by a long shot... and yes it's..... backordered.....(zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

050202-2301XX
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    On my 3rd order (first 2 screwed and cancelled by P1) I had almost the same thing happen. They misheard my shipping address and it's been such a hassle to get it corrected. I thought all was well last night when I spoke with P1, had P1 phone my credit card company etc. They said they'd note or correct my file. Well this morning I check the order status. Hurray it's on backorder so finally making some progress, but they still have the wrong shipping address. I phone again this morning and at first they said "it couldn't be changed" even though the shipping address they had doesn't even exist in Toronto. This time I didn't take no for an answer and the CSR put me on hold for a long while he spoke with order processing. Eventually he came back an told me he could, would and did correct my shipping address. We'll see if I ever get a phone.

I asked about backorder. He said phones order were on 7 to 14 backorder status but that has recently changed to 3 to 9 days backorder for the unlocked. Of course in thinking about it I'm not really sure what he meant or it affects people who ordered on feb 01/02, but I assume those orders will ship this week.
    I hope I'm fine..as my shipping and billing address are both correct...only the last two digits of my phone number is incorrect...sixty instead of sixteen...I hope when they called credit card company, it can still go through...as it's just a minor mistake and one in credit card company should be able to figure out it's a mistake.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    After all this wait and reading about everyone's horror stories.... it better not suck
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    I don't know what this means...but I checked my credit card online today. When I first ordered palm placed first a $2 pending charge on my card (I assume to verify it exsisted) then a $599 pending charge (I assume to make sure my purchase didn't exceed my limit)...all this happened on 2/2, the day I placed the order and I can understand it. But now there have been two additional $1 pending charges placed...one yesterday and one today...what's up with that??? Wish they would quit playing with my credit card and just SHIP THE D@MN THING!
    ...bump ...Am I the olny one this is happening to???
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    ...bump ...Am I the olny one this is happening to???
    Just looked and found that P1 charged my card (bank visa debit) on 2/5 for my accessories, which it had supposedly shipped on 2/4. Got home today and there's no sign of them, but I did not get the express shipping, so maybe in the next couple of days... I have been trying to see if I can track them, but the tracking tab on P1's order status page gives me tracking links that produce an invalid tracking number message, and going to USPS's sight and cutting and pasting that number gives similar results. Has anyone been able to successfully track a shipment that's not overnight? Not that I'm that eager to get the accesories, but I'm a bit concerned about having the phone itself out there in limbo for so long once it does ship...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I just got off the phone with Ashley from PalmOne and she said that unlocked 650's would be shipping this Saturday. I inquired about express shipping, which I paid for, to which she informed me I should have it Monday or Tuesday. I pressed her and asked if she was sure. She replied, "Yes".

Man, now I have to wait past my birthday
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  10. gdb
    Thanks for the update MacUser, you are the only one I have seen with an order number below mine... Order Date: 2/01/2005 08:31:59 PM
    I spoke with PalmOne yesterday and they said order # is less of a factor than order type. A member reported giving his phone in 2 days when he signed up ordering new service with a new phone number.
    Quote Originally Posted by gdb
    Thanks for the update MacUser, you are the only one I have seen with an order number below mine... Order Date: 2/01/2005 08:31:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I just got off the phone with Ashley from PalmOne and she said that unlocked 650's would be shipping this Saturday. I inquired about express shipping, which I paid for, to which she informed me I should have it Monday or Tuesday. I pressed her and asked if she was sure. She replied, "Yes".

Saturday of all days of the week!!!! BAH!!!!
    Think of it as a belated B-Day present from P1
    BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! (please apply this msg to whichever appropriate day between tomorrow & Sunday)
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    I was told the same thing for my Cingular branded phone and that all present orders would be filled before February 23rd.

This makes no real sense to me. Who ships on Saturday? Nobody. There is no way anyone would get it Monday. Shipping companies only deliver on Saturday for extra fees (on top of express) and nobody picks up deliveries on Saturday.

Sounds like more B.S. from someone who doesn't know to me. I still don't really understand this delay. It seems to be available in Asia, Cingular shipments have been in progress for at least week. Why aren't the earliest orders going out yet?

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by gdb
    hmm...Are you a 050201-2095xx'er as MacUser is? You would be the third person I've seen w/ an order # lower than me.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    This makes no real sense to me. Who ships on Saturday? Nobody. There is no way anyone would get it Monday. Shipping companies only deliver on Saturday for extra fees (on top of express) and nobody picks up deliveries on Saturday.
    I was thinking the same thing... well, FedEx does pickup and deliver on Saturday but it costs a lot more than sending it on a regular weekday, and I doubt PalmOne will want to pay that price. My guess is the warehouse will release the on Saturday, a ton of them will sit on the loading dock until Monday after which they'll ship out.
    Sounds like more B.S. from someone who doesn't know to me. I still don't really understand this delay. It seems to be available in Asia, Cingular shipments have been in progress for at least week. Why aren't the earliest orders going out yet?
    I'd guess PalmOne promised Cingular until the end of this week (assuming the reported Saturday release date is true).
    so I guess the Cingular 2 week exclusivity period must be up at midnight Saturday morning....

unless.... read below...
    Unlocked 650 on Cingular
    SE HBH-660
    Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Hardware: A
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    I spoke with PalmOne yesterday and they said order # is less of a factor than order type.
    Interesting. It sounds like they have lots of multitasking employees. I would have expected instead for the orders to ship fewer at a time but more often. Did that make sense?
  19. gdb
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    hmm...Are you a 050201-2095xx'er as MacUser is? You would be the third person I've seen w/ an order # lower than me.
    Nope, I am in the 60x's.
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtvman
    Got you guys beat by a long shot... and yes it's..... backordered.....(zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

050202-2301XX

050201-2097XX Back ordered too!! son of b!tch, sh!t!