Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gsm20000
    Ok here the deal,
    My friend own a cell phone store, he told me to go and buy a treo650(unbrand) on palm1 website for $699 and go go throught him and activate a 39.99 plan or a high on cingular, tmobile or Att (1 year require) and here will give me $200 rebate back( 90days). $699-$200= $499.

GSM2000 - i am interested in this. Please let me know how I can activate my unlocked phone throught your friend.
    I checked my order status on the Palmone website, and noticed the status change from "order received" to "back ordered". This might be a good sign for some of you that ordered earlier then me. Has anyone else notice this also?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3
    I checked my order status on the Palmone website, and noticed the status change from "order received" to "back ordered". This might be a good sign for some of you that ordered earlier then me. Has anyone else notice this also?
    050202-212XXX is "Backordered" as well. I'm hoping that means it's a bit further into the system. Keeping in mind that the original order page said 1-2 weeks, I don't hing we're doing too bad. I grew up expecting my Lone Ranger decoder ring the day after I mailed the Cheerios box tops.....
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    Quote Originally Posted by jflynn
    How dare they attempt to maximize their profit. The government should set prices for private enterprise.
    Yeah, those big bad companies. Capitalism is such an evil economic system. I'm going to Cuba, where I am sure things are SO much better...... WHOS WITH ME?
    Carl
    Quote Originally Posted by eugarps
    050202-212XXX is "Backordered" as well. I'm hoping that means it's a bit further into the system. Keeping in mind that the original order page said 1-2 weeks, I don't hing we're doing too bad. I grew up expecting my Lone Ranger decoder ring the day after I mailed the Cheerios box tops.....

Well, the good news if you can see it, is that we are one week into the order process with only one week left.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Damn, I sure wish we had someone on the inside who could tell us how things were looking as far as the 1-2 week estimate. I think part of what's causing so many of us grief is the uncertainty not only within the 14-day period, but even whether this estimate will be met at all. Of course, this thread isn't helping at all!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I ordered my 4 unlocked Treos on 2/2, received the chargers and software already. This morning I got an e-mail saying they tried to ship my Treo's but there was an error with my shipping address and billing address. (They tried to ship to the billing which is a P.O. Box). I'll call this morning and try to get it straightened out!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    In a message dated 2 February:

Thank you for ordering from palmOne Sales!

This automated email is to confirm that we have received your order.

Your order number is 050202-22XXXX.!

I have already received all items of that order besides the unlocked 650. And no word to date on shippment of the 650.

FYI
    '01 Yamaha VStar Custom
    '70 Norton Commando S
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    I ordered my 4 unlocked Treos on 2/2, received the chargers and software already. This morning I got an e-mail saying they tried to ship my Treo's but there was an error with my shipping address and billing address. (They tried to ship to the billing which is a P.O. Box). I'll call this morning and try to get it straightened out!

Did they say they tried to ship it and it came back to them, or did they say they can not ship to a PO Box or address that is different then the billing address?
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    Firefinder, wow, if true, this would be the first notice that anyone's gotten that an unlocked Treo has shipped - or attempted to be shipped in your case! Maybe they are just checking for discrepencies though in PREPERATION for shipping, but that may not still happen for a while yet? And 4 of them? What are you greedy?

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    Firefinder, wow, if true, this would be the first notice that anyone's gotten that an unlocked Treo has shipped - or attempted to be shipped in your case! Maybe they are just checking for discrepencies though in PREPERATION for shipping, but that may not still happen for a while yet? And 4 of them? What are you greedy?

They actually tried to ship them (so they say). But as we all know seeing is believing!! I added the shipping address to my account this morning, so they should hopefully go out today. And yep 4 of 'em 1 for me, 1 for the wife - and 2 more - I have no clue why! Maybe EBay?!?!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3
    Did they say they tried to ship it and it came back to them, or did they say they can not ship to a PO Box or address that is different then the billing address?

They said they went out to be shipped, and were held due to the P.O. Box...
    I just called P1 and placed an order to my unlocked GSM 650. He can give me $599..(thx for this site). I'm in Canada...the weird thing is that they forget to charge me tax on my order and it comes with overnight free shipping too. But they got my billing/shipping address phone number incorrectly...so I guess my credit card company should be okay for it as they also asked me for my 3 secure digits in the back of my card.

Anyway, I'm back to the waiting group now. ^^
    I ordered on 2/2 11AM EST, unlocked, overnight, all my items are still back ordered. I know (I called) they've carged AMEX some 4 days ago, but the charge doesn't show on the online statement.
    I don't know what this means...but I checked my credit card online today. When I first ordered palm placed first a $2 pending charge on my card (I assume to verify it exsisted) then a $599 pending charge (I assume to make sure my purchase didn't exceed my limit)...all this happened on 2/2, the day I placed the order and I can understand it. But now there have been two additional $1 pending charges placed...one yesterday and one today...what's up with that??? Wish they would quit playing with my credit card and just SHIP THE D@MN THING!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by krwortley
    In a message dated 2 February:

Thank you for ordering from palmOne Sales!

This automated email is to confirm that we have received your order.

Your order number is 050202-22XXXX.!

I have already received all items of that order besides the unlocked 650. And no word to date on shippment of the 650.

FYI
    Yours is the highest number that I have seen, except for mine.

Just installed the new PDANet and PDAReah and Mapopolis 2.03b on my 600. Wonderful. There is life without a 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    I just called P1 and placed an order to my unlocked GSM 650. He can give me $599..(thx for this site). I'm in Canada...the weird thing is that they forget to charge me tax on my order and it comes with overnight free shipping too. But they got my billing/shipping address phone number incorrectly...so I guess my credit card company should be okay for it as they also asked me for my 3 secure digits in the back of my card.

Anyway, I'm back to the waiting group now. ^^
    On my 3rd order (first 2 screwed and cancelled by P1) I had almost the same thing happen. They misheard my shipping address and it's been such a hassle to get it corrected. I thought all was well last night when I spoke with P1, had P1 phone my credit card company etc. They said they'd note or correct my file. Well this morning I check the order status. Hurray it's on backorder so finally making some progress, but they still have the wrong shipping address. I phone again this morning and at first they said "it couldn't be changed" even though the shipping address they had doesn't even exist in Toronto. This time I didn't take no for an answer and the CSR put me on hold for a long while he spoke with order processing. Eventually he came back an told me he could, would and did correct my shipping address. We'll see if I ever get a phone.

I asked about backorder. He said phones order were on 7 to 14 backorder status but that has recently changed to 3 to 9 days backorder for the unlocked. Of course in thinking about it I'm not really sure what he meant or it affects people who ordered on feb 01/02, but I assume those orders will ship this week.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    Well, I don't know what what's going on. I just went to their order status page and plugged in my order numer and zip and it's saying

"There are no orders linked to the order number and zip/postal code provided. Please try a different order number and zip/postal code combination."

Huh? I hope they are just down and that they haven't just lost my order entirely - after part of it shipped even! I'll have to give em a call...
    I had the exact same problem and just figured out why. You need to enter your order number in the format XXXXXX-XXXXXX. You need to include the "-" (dash) or it will not work. Once I did this my order came up....Still on Backorder tho...called P1 today they now say 3-9 days
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT
    I had the exact same problem and just figured out why. You need to enter your order number in the format XXXXXX-XXXXXX. You need to include the "-" (dash) or it will not work. Once I did this my order came up....Still on Backorder tho...called P1 today they now say 3-9 days
    Actually, I realized eventually that I was entering the zip in the first field and the order number in the 2nd. Doh! Don't know what made me switch and why I couldn't figure it out, but I feel like an *****. Anyway, regarding the 3-9 day vs. 7-14 day backorder, it seems a bit confused. Does this mean that right now there is still a wait of 3-9 days? If so that the original estimate was off a bit and should have been 10-19 days? Oh well. Guess it gives me a bit more time to get my auction set up for my T650

3-9 days eh?
    hmmm, good to hear that
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!