Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 806
  1. #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    Now my status is "Back Ordered."

    hey! welcome to the club!
    sit tight and let us all dread the wait
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  2. raziel's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    Wow, SFguy, that really sucks. Palm1 seems so ill-prepared for the demand of the 650. It needs to rattle some cages over there.

    I'm one of the "Order Received" people. Has anyone heard of any shipment updates? I'm getting a little annoyed at myself for checking the P1 Web site every half hour.
    I have every e-mail forwarded to my cell phone and I still check every hour
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  3. #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Did you place your first order over the phone or through their website? I had 2 orders cancelled so I'm twice as pissed as you. (Well I've already moved passed anger into depression actually.) Anyway both of my cancelled orders were placed through website. I think there may be a glitch so I placed today's order over the phone. (Of course now I can see that the shipping address but I'm working getting that fixed.)

    Anyway if your first order that was cancelled was placed through website I strongly recommend that new order be placed over phone. Since you've already placed the new order if that was placed over web again I suggest calling them, specifically to verify credit card info. (The bug with my orders was an invalid credit card number both times. No way I input the wrong number twice - and why doesn't their webform validate it?) I also recommend you phone your credit card company to confirm if P1 tried to process order and make sure there is nothing on their end that cause them to reject.

    Finally, I read somewhere that P1 US wasn't shipping to Europe right now. (I think someone else had an order cancelled for that reason.) Anyway just trying to help. Good luck.
    Order #2 was over the phone, so that removes one variable. Although it's been almost an hour and I haven't received any sort of email confirmation, in which case I've probably slipped another 1,000+ places in the line. The order that got cancelled was through the web, and I understand stuff like this happens. But waiting 5 days to inform me, and then without even a lame explanation? The CSR was actually going to charge me $699 until I told him what to do with that price!

    I'm back in the US almost every month, so I'm having it shipped to Minneapolis. One more variable that can be removed from the cancelled order mystery. But the wait continues...

    Is it just me, or does P1 remind anyone else of the Soup Nazi?!!!
  4. #444  
    You didnít drop 60,000, the P1 order system counts everything that is being ordered through the site/phone. So, when someone orders a stylist, or a cable replacement 050207-869xxx becomes 050207-869x+1. One can only guess how many unlocked T650 orders P1 has received thus far.
  5. #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFguy_in_europe
    Order #2 was over the phone, so that removes one variable. Although it's been almost an hour and I haven't received any sort of email confirmation, in which case I've probably slipped another 1,000+ places in the line. The order that got cancelled was through the web, and I understand stuff like this happens. But waiting 5 days to inform me, and then without even a lame explanation? The CSR was actually going to charge me $699 until I told him what to do with that price!

    I'm back in the US almost every month, so I'm having it shipped to Minneapolis. One more variable that can be removed from the cancelled order mystery. But the wait continues...

    Is it just me, or does P1 remind anyone else of the Soup Nazi?!!!
    Hey totally feel your pain I'm pretty much in the same boat and it is very odd that it took this long to cancel you. (I don't think they process orders over the weekend, but still.)

    The guy on the phone should have given you your order number. Check the status here:
    https://web.palmone.com/support/order_status.jhtml

    Just to make sure everything is okay. (When I checked mine right after the order the shipping address was wrong. I had to call back at which point they told me it can take at least an hour for it to show up their system. My phone order from this morning still hasn't generated confirmation email either.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  6. #446  
    My 050202-220XXX Just went from "Order Received" to "Back Ordered"
  7. #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    ......- plus a P1 executive is on record as saying they would honour all those orders so they would be open to lawsuit at this point if they didn't - .....
    You still do not get it, do you? They are P1; they simply do not care. I would not put it past them at all to say that they would honor the price and then simply arbitrarily cancel the order.

    Since they sent me the b/o letter, I have not checked back. Any one want to bet on whether or not my order is still there?
  8. #448  
    I'm not trying to pick an arguement but I don't get this logic. You are saying that since they are P1 they are always wrong and nothing will fix that?

    Really, if I hated a company this much I certainly wouldn't order anything from them.

    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    You still do not get it, do you? They are P1; they simply do not care. I would not put it past them at all to say that they would honor the price and then simply arbitrarily cancel the order.

    Since they sent me the b/o letter, I have not checked back. Any one want to bet on whether or not my order is still there?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  9. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #449  
    My thought exactly, bcaslis. It seems that some people hate and distrust P1 so much, and yet the still choose to do business with them. That doesn't seem to make sense. If I felt that strongly about a company, I just would go elsewhere instead of just stewing in my anger and dissapointment...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  10. #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    cancelling my 650 for the second time
    UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
    Good luck w/ this third (& hopefully final) order!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
  11. #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    That's horrible. I hate it when companies do things like this (increase price due to overwhelming demand). It's an opportunistic cash grab.
    How dare they attempt to maximize their profit. The government should set prices for private enterprise.
  12. #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3
    Think of it this way, would you go out and buy a Lexus from Shell, only to be limited to using Shell's gas.
    In a heartbeat, if Shell would sell me my car for 20% lower than the dealership price which is essentially what the carriers are doing with locked phones.
  13. #453  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
    Good luck w/ this third (& hopefully final) order!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Apparently I wasn't meant to own this phone. The CSR this morning on the phone misheard my shipping address (he heard base street instead of bay street.) I noticed on the website order status page which I had checked immediately and call within 5 minutes of placing the order to get that corrected! Guy I spoke with said "it's not in our system yet but call back at 2pm if you haven't heard from me."

    I hear nothing all day and call back. Well apparently my order was "randomly selected" for an order review. Now It's almost certain to get cancelled again assuming they call AMEX because P1 has my wrong address because of their mistake - but get this - the guy can't inform the order review of the issue and there's nothing he can do. I probably won't hear back from them till end of week at which piont more than likely I'll have to try and place my ORDER FOR THE 4th EFFIN TIME! I'm really mad. Like beynod pissed! I can't believe that they know they made a mistake but can't correct mistake now and are going to knowingly attempt confirm wrong information with my credit card company which will likely lead to my cancelled my order yet again! It would be funny if I didn't feel like crying. I just wanted to order a phone. 3 orders shouldn't get cancelled due to their mistakes. This is stupid! Before I was understanding, now I'm really pissed off!
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  14. #454  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Apparently I wasn't meant to own this phone. The CSR this morning on the phone misheard my shipping address (he heard base street instead of bay street.) I noticed on the website order status page which I had checked immediately and call within 5 minutes of placing the order to get that corrected! Guy I spoke with said "it's not in our system yet but call back at 2pm if you haven't heard from me."

    I hear nothing all day and call back. Well apparently my order was "randomly selected" for an order review. Now It's almost certain to get cancelled again assuming they call AMEX because P1 has my wrong address because of their mistake - but get this - the guy can't inform the order review of the issue and there's nothing he can do. I probably won't hear back from them till end of week at which piont more than likely I'll have to try and place my ORDER FOR THE 4th EFFIN TIME! I'm really mad. Like beynod pissed! I can't believe that they know they made a mistake but can't correct mistake now and are going to knowingly attempt confirm wrong information with my credit card company which will likely lead to my cancelled my order yet again! It would be funny if I didn't feel like crying. I just wanted to order a phone. 3 orders shouldn't get cancelled due to their mistakes. This is stupid! Before I was understanding, now I'm really pissed off!
    If this order gets cancelled too, PM me. I accidently placed two orders because my browser said there was an error the first time, and I think you deserve the extra one more than some random guy on eBay. Of course, that assumes that I actually get both of them...
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  15. #455  
    My order 050202-212xxx also went to "Back Ordered" today. I been through this with Handspring, oops Palm One, many times before. Just be patient and your Unlocked 650 will come. Then you can start whining about how inadequate the 650 is for your needs, and how soon the "Replacement, i.e 700, 750, 800 or whatever" will be coming. It just never ends, does it?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm VII > Visor > Visor Prism > Visor Phone > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Centro (running T-Mobile) > Almost Broke, but had enough $$ left over to get HD DVR w/DirecTV.
  16. #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    If this order gets cancelled too, PM me. I accidently placed two orders because my browser said there was an error the first time, and I think you deserve the extra one more than some random guy on eBay. Of course, that assumes that I actually get both of them...
    Or either of them.
  17. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #457  
    Boobookins, my suggestion is that such difficulties that you have had are just not acceptable. You need to find some corporate contact numbers you can call, even if it's for the president's or CEO's office, or whatever. Explain your situation calmly (as hard as that may be), and I think they may just take pity on you. Stuffy like this is not specific to PalmOne, but many companies seem to have this ability to screw up an order or account and inability to set things streight. It's like everyone is powerless and so are you! In such cases you have to get real higher-ups involved. Simply asking to speak with a supervisor often does no good, as they just hand the phone to one of their colleagues. It's really scarey hearing about the horror stories. At an old job we worked out of the guys house and were dealing with Verizon for DSL back when it was a brand new service. When it went out, which it did a few times, it would take between one and three weeks to get someone to resolve the issue! My boss was on the phone for hours each day and basically getting nowhere. And then at some point something clicked and the support process would suddenly work and someone would take responsibility. It is incredibly frustrating. The other thing you could try is to cancel the order altogether and start over, but if the order is somehow locked, just call your credit card company to refuse payment. Then hopefully you have another card that you can put it on, and can just start with a whole new order. Then again, if that first order is refused, with your luck they may decide to cancel your other order because of problems with the first, so maybe this is a no win! But really, this is just way too much of a hassle to just leave it to the regular support process. You need to take it out of their and get in contact with their corporate section which may actually have some power in getting things moving in the right direction...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  18. #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    If this order gets cancelled too, PM me. I accidently placed two orders because my browser said there was an error the first time, and I think you deserve the extra one more than some random guy on eBay. Of course, that assumes that I actually get both of them...
    That's a very nice offer, metsfan!!
    Boobookins, I'd take this offer. If I remember correctly, both of metsfan's orders were placed on the night of the 1st!!
    I would still call again first, though....I would call until I could get to one of these "order review specialists" just to be as sure as possible that the order was accepted this time. If that still fails, you have metsfan's offer as a backup.
    Either way, GOOD LUCK!!!!
    Last edited by Rtalian; 02/07/2005 at 03:31 PM.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
  19. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #459  
    Well, I don't know what what's going on. I just went to their order status page and plugged in my order numer and zip and it's saying

    "There are no orders linked to the order number and zip/postal code provided. Please try a different order number and zip/postal code combination."

    Huh? I hope they are just down and that they haven't just lost my order entirely - after part of it shipped even! I'll have to give em a call...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  20. #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    Well, I don't know what what's going on. I just went to their order status page and plugged in my order numer and zip and it's saying

    "There are no orders linked to the order number and zip/postal code provided. Please try a different order number and zip/postal code combination."

    Huh? I hope they are just down and that they haven't just lost my order entirely - after part of it shipped even! I'll have to give em a call...

    call palmOne!!!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!

Posting Permissions