Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion
    I think you have it backwards, My order was placed on 2/01/2005 08:46:27 PM and after being on "Order Received" it went to "Backordered" Several of the other orders that were placed on the first are also "Backordered".
    Yeah. I'm starting to see more earlier orders have hit the backordered status. (we really need a list, in the order of number and time palced to keep track )

It's just odd to me that my order, which falls in the middle of these, hasn't changed or moved. I even called P1 to see if I could nudge it into a backorder status, so I would at least know my order was still "alive."

Oh well. It's the weekend, nothing's going to happen until Monday anyhow.

I have an overnight shift Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday to agonize and read TC over and over and over now. *sighs*
    guys, if calls in to palmOne, you could get it for $599 instead $699!

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=560409

hope it works for everyone
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    The Ogo of course is a Cingular Blue, but my Treo's and my voice plans are Orange. As silly as the thing looks the Ogo comes in handy every now and again.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here the deal,
    My friend own a cell phone store, he told me to go and buy a treo650(unbrand) on palm1 website for $699 and go go throught him and activate a 39.99 plan or a high on cingular, tmobile or Att (1 year require) and here will give me $200 rebate back( 90days). $699-$200= $499.

It's very aggravating for those of us waiting for an UNLOCKED GSM Treo 650.....

Why is it that so many people who order CINGULAR GSM Treo 650's can't read the title of the thread they are posting in?

The reason this is such a big deal to so many of us is that when we see someone post "shipped," we start to get excited that our orders could be next......then we realize it's just another Cingular, which has absolutely nothing to do w/ the thread we are in.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BE COURTEOUS TO YOUR FELLOW TC'ERS.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian

Why is it that so many people who order CINGULAR GSM Treo 650's can't read the title of the thread they are posting in?

The reason this is such a big deal to so many of us is that when we see someone post "shipped," we start to get excited that our orders could be next......then we realize it's just another Cingular, which has absolutely nothing to do w/ the thread we are in.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BE COURTEOUS TO YOUR FELLOW TC'ERS.
    i agree completely with Rtalian,
    this threads has been polluted with treo 650 shipped from cingular/attws -no offence to you guys, i know your joy and happiness- but PLEASE!!! read the thread title everyone!!!!
    this thread is INTENDED only for those who has ordered their UNLOCKED version of the treo 650, which means no cingular, no attws and no sprint.

ok people, be nice
    "back ordered" is starting to feel a little like "back doored"

i guess it can't last forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsm20000
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here the deal,
    My friend own a cell phone store, he told me to go and buy a treo650(unbrand) on palm1 website for $699 and go go throught him and activate a 39.99 plan or a high on cingular, tmobile or Att (1 year require) and here will give me $200 rebate back( 90days). $699-$200= $499.

This appeals to me. Where is your friend's store?
    I'm getting frustrated with all of the different information provided by p1's CSRs - some have posted that a p1 CSR told them it'll ship mid-next week. I've had a CSR tell me something similar but this afternoon, a p1 CSR told me "backordered" means it probably won't be available for another month or so....

To be honest, these damn carriers shouldn't be allowed to manipulate the distribution/release of a product from the manufacturer. Carriers do this b/c they know their service is bad and it's the only way to get people locked into a 1+ year contract. If these carriers provided solid/good service, having to lock people into contracts wouldn't be an issue. Thus, forcing the manufacturer to delay the release of an unlocked version wouldn't be necessary. Besides, IMO, only a small percentage of buyers would spend the extra cash for an unlocked version so the "hit" to carriers isn't as substantial as they fear. Again, IMO.

Oh, and, yes, I AM referring to the unlocked GSM version...I can read the thread topic. (clearly, this whole waiting thing is killing me! )
    I in Californa LA area
    Email me if u live around there?
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I ordered a GSM unlocked T650 on 2/2 at 7:30AM EST. I also ordered accessories which supposedly shipped on Thursday. They sent a tracking number but it doesn't work (either the link or typing it in manually on USPS's site). My T650 is backordered like the rest of yours. I have a feeling that when we finally get word that its shipped, that most people here will get notice, not just those who ordered on the morning of 2/2. I think they probably have plenty of them, but are holding back so that they can notify as many people at once so that a big chunk of people don't start calling them and asking what the hold up is. At least that's what I'd do, but then they haven't exactly been making the best decisions lately. I'm as eager to get mine as anyone, but I figure it's a bit pointless to call them at this point. They said within 1-2 weeks, so that gives them till 2/16 to ship. I gave them a bit of extra leeway and just assumed that I would get mine "by the end of the month." Now I just have to stop reading this thread, because it's making me WAY more anxious than I was before I found it!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I've not often found myself defending P1, but I know if I had a carrier promising to purchase, say a few hundred thousand units of a new product that retails at $500+, I'd probably do a lot of things they ask/require. The carriers would seem to be a much larger piece of their business than direct sales, IMHO, although I don't have numbers to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    To be honest, these damn carriers shouldn't be allowed to manipulate the distribution/release of a product from the manufacturer. Carriers do this b/c they know their service is bad and it's the only way to get people locked into a 1+ year contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by reguy
    I've not often found myself defending P1, but I know if I had a carrier promising to purchase, say a few hundred thousand units of a new product that retails at $500+, I'd probably do a lot of things they ask/require. The carriers would seem to be a much larger piece of their business than direct sales, IMHO, although I don't have numbers to back it up.
    No, I agree...I wrote that post knowing I was getting too anxious...it does make sense...I just wished it didn't. It's just killing me to know that the Cingular version is out there and I could probably get it today but I have to sit here and wait for the unlocked version...
    most likely cingular had the gun aimed on palmOne head, forcing them for an exclusivity, for at least 2 weeks....seriously, cingular is EVIL
    the same exact reason why the price jumped to 699 within a day

Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    It's just killing me to know that the Cingular version is out there and I could probably get it today but I have to sit here and wait for the unlocked version...
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Koolio, think about it this way - the Sprint T650 came out over two months ago! So you've already been waiting for over two months while some Sprint customers had theirs this whole time. This isn't a competition. We are getting something BETTER than the Cingular customers, because we will have ours fully unlocked from the start and DUN will not be disabled, so that's our consolation. Our payment for this extra capability is just having to wait an extra week or so, give or take. If you think about it, that's not a big deal in the scheme of things! Especially since these Treo models are coming out once a year. The wait over the Sprint model is something I'm much more peaved about, but there's not a whole lot you can do. Until P1 has some real competition within PalmOS smartphones, they have the upper hand, although they are certainly pushing SOME of their potential customers towards PocketPC phones. Who knows, maybe that will eventually happen to me if P1 keeps falling further behind and keeps making these idiotic blunders. The next phone I buy, I figure, will be a harder decision. But for now I'm committed to the T650. I've loved my T600, so I know that the T650 will be great, just more enhancements and features. The only thing missing for me will be Wifi, but I may end up getting the Enfora module for that purpose. Now I just have to decide which case I'm getting. I think for now I'm just going to get one of those skins. I've been spoiled by this Vaja case which I got along with the T600 from a friend for a ridiculously low price. Paying $100+ for just a case now seems like too much, even though I love Vaja cases...

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    If the Cingular 650 is already shipping from PalmOne, this page is already useless:
    http://web.palmone.com/support/speci...ping_msg.jhtml
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Alee, it says right on it that it's dated Feb 2! Of course it's useless, it's several days outdated!

how long after did the 600 come out on tmobile and unlocked? i remeber it was at the same time. but wasnt it like 2 months after the cingular release?
    sanny
    los angeles, ca
    tmo with unbranded unlocked treo 650
    coolest thing: bluetooth syncing and internet browsing!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsm20000

Ok here the deal,

You think any cell phone store or booth in a mall will/can do that? I'll have to ask tomorrow if I go out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    I see from your signature that you're planning on using T-Mobile as your carrier. I have them atm and wanted to know what plan you have for data. Do you have the info to set up on their network for email, etc. ? Thanks for any help