Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    no, but when I orderd ONE of the T650's...hehehhe...they slapped me w/ a 2 year agreement bawhahaha! I'm rejecting the shipment. morons.
    I've been lurking on TC for about 5 months and as a soon-to-be first-time Treo owner appreciate all the insights. I ordered the unlocked version very early morning Wednesday (050202-211xxx) and got the standard "order received" mail from P1... after hearing about people's "backordered" status I called P1. The CSR told me that my order looks fine (used AMEX, different ship address) and should ship by mid-week.

Can anyone tell me what "order received" vs. "backordered" actually means? The CSR couldn't really explain the difference!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFguy_in_europe
    I've been lurking on TC for about 5 months and as a soon-to-be first-time Treo owner appreciate all the insights. I ordered the unlocked version very early morning Wednesday (050202-211xxx) and got the standard "order received" mail from P1... after hearing about people's "backordered" status I called P1. The CSR told me that my order looks fine (used AMEX, different ship address) and should ship by mid-week.

Can anyone tell me what "order received" vs. "backordered" actually means? The CSR couldn't really explain the difference!!!
    here...

Order Received Your order has been received and will be processed once your items are available for shipment.

Back Ordered This item is on back order. It will be shipped to you once it is available.
  4.    #344  
    bad luck for me. Palm rejected my order becuase my billing address is outside the US and Canada!!! now the price has gone up! sounds like they are running out of phones!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    yeah, if i get a homo of a phone...I'm callin' 'em.
    that's a pretty small minded way of describing an object
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    yeah, I saw that, but I have to admit I really don't know what that means... sounds like something cooked up by P1's legal counsel! Anyone else with thoughts on "order received" vs. "backordered"?
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Doesn't seem that hard to determine based on what their descriptions are, but perhaps a better, more specific wording would help here. My sense is that:

Order Received = they have successfully put a hold on your credit card for the amount of the order.

Order Processing = they called the wearhouse and confirmed the piece was availabe and/or reserved it.

Backordered = they called the wearhouse and found that there were none of the product currently.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    First of all, it not slightly higher rez, its double. In addition to the screen, theres bluetooth, EDGE capabilities, swappable battery, and better keyboard.
    I know its double.. 160x160 to 320x320 . I know theres bluetooth, EDGE is useless since im on T-mobile, better keyboard. I just cannot justify paying $700 on a unit when i got a perfectly good one working right now. And again in my post i stated that HP had a similar device available way earlier last year. Didnt support edge, does some type of wacko graffiti but it was out. Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p
    ..... EDGE is useless since im on T-mobile....
    Who knows. T-Mo will be rolling out EDGE in selected markets in 05. At the rate P1 is shipping, that may be good enough.

Buy T-Mo. Hell, even buy Sprint. Sell P1.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Hmm, you all are starting to get me worried about my order status. I ordered on 2/2 @ 9:32am and I received the advanced sale/backordered email but my order status is still "Order Received." I called Amex today and asked if I had a hold for $615 from palmOne and they said, "yes."

Should I call palmOne CS to see if everything's okay?
    You have a hold on your Amex, but not a charge. That's normal. As soon as you order something, P1 contacts Amex and puts the hold on. To make sure you can actually afford it.

I'm in the same boat now myself. Paitence. We both ordered around the same time (assuming you're on the East coast as I am) I ordered at 9:10am ET.
    I'm sure "order received" just means they have your 650 on hold and will ship once the agreed upon time frame for Cingular to have an exclusive rollout ends. If you got a "backordered" status, you probably ordered a little too late and have to wait until Palmone receives more units. I'm still waiting on mine, and I'm so glad I didn't wait this time. I'm sure the price hike will be there for a while. Maybe they will offer some type of upgrade later to bring the prices down. Just my .02
    ^actually, not true.

Backordered is the step after "order received".
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    ^actually, not true.

Backordered is the step after "order received".

^conjecture.

I would think that there was a known number of available Unlocked 650's when ordering opened. Those who made early enough orders have those "claimed" for them. But they aren't shipping for some reason. For example, I placed my order in the AM on the 2nd and I'm not backordered yet. There are people who ordered AFTER me who are backordered. Their order status shouldn't have hit backordered before mine, if mine was going to be backordered. (Assuming P1 is doing the "right" thing by processing in the order recieved)

I think there's a magical line somewhere and if you got in before that, your order is slow, but may not change to backorder before it ships. Some people have reported they called in for status and their orders magically flipped over to a backordered status. Mine has not.

^even more conjecture.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheFly
    ^conjecture.

I would think that there was a known number of available Unlocked 650's when ordering opened. Those who made early enough orders have those "claimed" for them. But they aren't shipping for some reason. For example, I placed my order in the AM on the 2nd and I'm not backordered yet. There are people who ordered AFTER me who are backordered. Their order status shouldn't have hit backordered before mine, if mine was going to be backordered. (Assuming P1 is doing the "right" thing by processing in the order recieved)

I think there's a magical line somewhere and if you got in before that, your order is slow, but may not change to backorder before it ships. Some people have reported they called in for status and their orders magically flipped over to a backordered status. Mine has not.

^even more conjecture.

I think you have it backwards, My order was placed on 2/01/2005 08:46:27 PM and after being on "Order Received" it went to "Backordered" Several of the other orders that were placed on the first are also "Backordered".
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion
    I think you have it backwards, My order was placed on 2/01/2005 08:46:27 PM and after being on "Order Received" it went to "Backordered" Several of the other orders that were placed on the first are also "Backordered".
    I think you're correct. My first order was placed on the 1st in the morning and was order recieved until they got around processing it against my credit card. Unfortunately for me it was cancelled because AMEX didn't authorize the alternate shipping address and I had to reorder on Wednesday the 3rd. (After correcting the issue with AMEX.) Luckily for me I still got my second order in before the price hike. Anyway my second order shows "Order Recieved" and I called today to make sure everything is okay. The (somewhat rude) CSR at P1 told me that my order hadn't been processed yet. (Which I'm pretty sure means they haven't pre-authorized my card yet.) He said that would likely happen on monday. Unless monday they have unlocked phones to ship, that is when my I expect my order to switch to back ordered.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I ordered mine on Wednesday Feb 2nd around noon, and I got the confirmation that they recieved my order. Then on Thursday I got an email saying that the guide and case have shipped over night, later that evening I got an email saying the holster and Treo 650 have shipped via Parcel Select. Friday on the website it just said that the order had been shipped. I called Friday for tracking information and recieved the tracking number. Now Saturday morning, I have tracked my Treo to about 2 hours from my house. I hope to see it this after noon seeing as how my mail is delieverd around 4 or so, the Treo was 2 hours away at 9am. Either that or I wait till Monday, I will keep watching the tracking info, I have constant updates from the USPS website being emailed to my Ogo so that I know where its at when the info changes. Here is to keeping my fingers crossed......
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    I ordered mine on Wednesday Feb 2nd around noon, and I got the confirmation that they recieved my order. Then on Thursday I got an email saying that the guide and case have shipped over night, later that evening I got an email saying the holster and Treo 650 have shipped via Parcel Select. Friday on the website it just said that the order had been shipped. I called Friday for tracking information and recieved the tracking number. Now Saturday morning, I have tracked my Treo to about 2 hours from my house. I hope to see it this after noon seeing as how my mail is delieverd around 4 or so, the Treo was 2 hours away at 9am. Either that or I wait till Monday, I will keep watching the tracking info, I have constant updates from the USPS website being emailed to my Ogo so that I know where its at when the info changes. Here is to keeping my fingers crossed......
    Let me guess, Cingular version?
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Just got off the phone with p1 CS and he said unlocked GSM is still running a 5 - 12 day backorder. When asked why my order status hasn't changed from Order Received to Backordered, he said, "That's b/c the credit card processing dept hasn't had a chance to look at your order. Those with a Backordered status means the order was processed and it's just waiting for the unlocked GSMs to be released for shipment."

But, the thing is, Amex already told me p1 has put a hold for $615 on my card so the cc processing dept. has looked at my order...maybe I need to call back and see what a different CSR has to say...

[EDIT] Called back and CSR told me that my order status is, in fact, "Backordered" - not Order Received. She didnt' know why it wasn't reflected on the website...hmm, strange.
    Last edited by koolio; 02/05/2005 at 01:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    to my Ogo so that I know where its at when the info changes. Here is to keeping my fingers crossed......
    Cingular blue right?
    Well, still the same garbage "Back Ordered" status on my Treo. I was really hoping I'd have it for the weekend. I'll have to get busy getting my order together for my 650 Must-Haves. Any suggestions would be appreciated at:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&page=1&pp=20