Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    i'm calling right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    That's horrible. I hate it when companies do things like this. It's an opportunistic cash grab. (Luckily I got my order in before the price went up a $100. I just hope they honour that and don't try and screw me because it hasn't shipped yet.)
    i only bought the thing because of the $100 i got off for the dev discount. if it was originally at 700, i would of just waited for the vc one.

btw, my unlocked gsm order has never moved past order recieved either. is no movement better than movement to back order? hmm.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by joegillis
    i'm calling right now.
    Cool, let us know what they say...

I'm pretty certain we all get it for $599 since those orders have been placed and processed. If they changed the price on us, it'd be like a store selling us something and after we walk out of the store, they say, "Oh, can you come back in b/c we charged you too little. We need to increase the price."
    still on hold.
    ok, after waiting i spoke to joy at palm1 cs and she told me that they would honor the lower price if you already ordered the phone. she also told me that the price on the website was a "typo" and it really should have been the higher price to begin with.

so, it seems we few, we lucky few who ordered at the lower price will be ok. i also got her id number but she wouldn't give me her last name and said she did not have a direct extension number either.
    ok, after waiting i spoke to joy at palm1 cs and she told me that they would honor the lower price if you already ordered the phone. she also told me that the price on the website was a "typo" and it really should have been the higher price to begin with.

so, it seems we few, we lucky few who ordered at the lower price will be ok. i also got her id number but she wouldn't give me her last name and said she did not have a direct extension number either.
    It's good to hear it from palmOne CS...thanks for posting back.

Awesome!

It makes sense. Wouldn't it qualify as a "bait and switch" violation if they changed the price for people who already ordered? I know that a couple of years futureshop (a Canadian bestbuy) made a several hundred mistake on the price of an mp3 jukebox but they honoured the price for everyone lucky enough to buy one even though in that case they ended selling those units at a loss.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    For once, it pays off to be impulsive and get the order in quickly !
    Maybe we need a separate poll thread for locked vs. unlocked purchases - it would be interesting to see who is ahead....
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtvman
    For once, it pays off to be impulsive and get the order in quickly !
    Maybe we need a separate poll thread for locked vs. unlocked purchases - it would be interesting to see who is ahead....
    uh....we already know that those who buy cingular's t650 yesterday, most of their order are shipped already
    not ahead in shipping... ahead in sales.... I suspect it would show why the mysterious jump in $100 took place....
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtvman
    not ahead in shipping... ahead in sales.... I suspect it would show why the mysterious jump in $100 took place....
    ah...allright
    sorry!

Thats good to hear. I thought $599 was a good price for the unlocked model. It seemed fair, and I was going to wait a couple of weeks before I made the purchase. Its a good thing I went for it and bought it on 2-1-05. And yes the order status says "Back Ordered". I am sure once P1 get's the go ahead to sell the unlocked ones in a week or two I will get it then.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf
    Well I have now received an email with the following information for my order:

Order #050201-2098xx Date: 2/01/2005 09:00:10 PM
    Your shipment includes the following item(s):

Description: PALM Treo Lifestyle Guide

Description: PALM Screen Protector Multi

Description: HMK Express Weather CD

Description: PALM Treo 650 GSM

The palmone.com website does not show this status, it still shows all as order recieved or backorder in the case of the UNLOCKED Treo 650

So looks like all the cheap stuff arrives tomorrow, and the Treo maybe Monday or Tuesday? (fingers crossed)
    What's the lifestyle guide?
    The Lifestyle Guide is essentially an accessories catalogue. It just lists what else you can buy with the phone, software, and so on. Really useless if you ask me. It should come in the Treo box.
    Speaking of things in the Treo box, I assume that the GSM version also comes with the full version of Docs to Go just like the Sprint version? I noticed Docs to Go on the accessories page when I ordered my 650 ($89 yikes) and I thought - doesn't it already come with that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Speaking of things in the Treo box, I assume that the GSM version also comes with the full version of Docs to Go just like the Sprint version? I noticed Docs to Go on the accessories page when I ordered my 650 ($89 yikes) and I thought - doesn't it already come with that!
    yeah. I was wondering about that, too. I think it doesn't, because it was on the accessories page. It might come with a scaled-down version.
    ^^yea, any cingular or attws users care to elaborate on these issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahead
    yeah. I was wondering about that, too. I think it doesn't, because it was on the accessories page. It might come with a scaled-down version.
    Why! Why must they screw us GSMer's!

Actually if that's the case I'll be pretty upset because I really want that program. Oh well, I guess that's where I'll spend the $100 I just saved because P1 made a "typo" on pricing of the unlocked for the past 2 days.
    hmm, maybe now the $699 treo 650 comes with docs2go 7.0?
    i wonder
    ok, did some research, treo 650 comes with docs2go 7.0 professional!
    here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/4jbh2