Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Treo 650, first day observations

I have the ATT Treo 650, although the box and the screens say Cingular, the phone appears to be locked to ATT (hoping there will be a way to unlock)

So far this thing is great!
    • Screen resolution is outstanding
    • Volume is loud
    • Calls are clear
    • Downloaded the Voice Dialing software – works great
    • MMPlayer seems to work very well for videos
    • Web – Faster than the 600 (I was also able to get the unlimited data for $25)
    • Still waiting for my BT headset so can’t comment on that yet

• Sync cable connecter is kind of ‘cheap’ and it took me almost an hour to figure out how to sync and charge at the same time (the charger plugs into the sync cable)(no, I never opened the book)
    • Hopefully there will be a cradle soon!
    • Phone is slippery, I’ve already ordered eGrips, had them on the 600 and they are great
    • Ordered a new screen protector from BoxWave (again, had one on the 600)
    • When ‘waking’ the phone up, the screen resolution is very low, until you change screens, is this normal? Is anyone else seeing that?
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    •When ‘waking’ the phone up, the screen resolution is very low, until you change screens, is this normal? Is anyone else seeing that?
    Not on mine (Sprint CDMA 650). When mine wakes up it is fully high-res.
    You may want to switch it out. Sorry.
    ~'kito
    • When ‘waking’ the phone up, the screen resolution is very low, until you change screens, is this normal? Is anyone else seeing that?
    ?? Sounds pretty odd.. Can you describe that further?

Not having this issue on mine (Sprint).
  4.    #4  
    I'll try to describe better. When the screen is off, i press any button to turn the screen back on and everything is very jagged (the letters on the phone buttons and the favorite buttons) When i switch to another app, everything is fine. It doesn't matter which app i start out with, the problem still exists. Anyone with a GSM version seeing this?
    Yes, more details on this please!
    I'll try to describe better. When the screen is off, i press any button to turn the screen back on and everything is very jagged (the letters on the phone buttons and the favorite buttons) When i switch to another app, everything is fine. It doesn't matter which app i start out with, the problem still exists. Anyone with a GSM version seeing this?
    Not seeing that here on my Cingular Blue 650
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I'd like to know how you got unlimited data for $25...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keleko
    I had unlimited mMode on my 600..when I ordered from ATTWS NBO they did a phone-only order and my 600 SIM works fine in the 650

I got unlimited data with Sprint for only $5.00. No kidding!!! WOHOO!!
    In caves all cats are gray...
  10.    #10  
    Interesting, after a hard reset, the problem goes away. I re-installed everything and the problem comes back. The gulty party is KeyGuardTime (which i love) i'll have to check for an update.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keleko
    Called NBO and told them i wanted the unlimited data plan, they said it was $25 so i told them to add it to my plan.
    Here are some third day observations

• Screen is worth the upgrade from the 600 alone
    • Keyboard is much improved with the flatter keys, although my P key is softer than the others but no issues so far. Have to get use to the menu and home buttons being at the top instead of the bottom (done a lot of "Shift"ing by mistake
    • Like the 600 Dpad a little better because it was larger, especially for pressing Down. Not as much room for the edge of your thumb on the 650.
    • Dialing delay for me from the Contacts list is about 1 second, probably around the same as what I had on my 600. 300+ contacts and about 5.6mb of RAM left at the momemnt
    • I miss having the Blazer navigation icons at the bottom, rather than at the top. It was much easier to use the edge of my thumb to go back or refresh, now have to use the space bar which is a little more awkward one-handed. Xiino is an alternative though
    • Transition from my 600 to the 650 was pretty easy, started from scratch with a clean Backup and Archive directory on my PC (after renaming the old ones) and installing apps I know work on the 650 one by one.
    • Only a couple random soft-resets, none of which happened during Hotsync
    • Haven't had the chance to use the phone too much, need to start calling people to hear how it sounds
    • The new universal connector is going to break eventually...just doesn't feel very secure

Think that's it for now, overall very satisfied so far!
    Last edited by scottymomo; 02/02/2005 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanic
    I got unlimited data with Sprint for only $5.00. No kidding!!! WOHOO!!
    And how'd you manage that?
    Well, I had a Sprint phone already....gave it to my mother to use. I decided I wanted a Treo 650...SO...I did the "add a phone" thingy. Now, she DOES NOT have data on her phone. The reason is this. (what the sprint rep said in store)

Because I HAD data on the account a while back...before giving it to my mother...my account was flagged in a way to add the secondary for $5.00.

I asked him....are you SURE that it won't come back to haunt me. He replied...nope. I asked him to notate my account to include that statement. I watched him type my account notations....then called a rep via the phone to verify.

$5.00 for unlimited data on the Treo 650......simply amazing!

Arc
    In caves all cats are gray...
    nice
    How is the RF performance of the GSM 650 v. the 600? Is it a better phone? I am a little disappointed with the GSM 600 phone, the CDMA 600 was better.
    Carl
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano
    How is the RF performance of the GSM 650 v. the 600? Is it a better phone? I am a little disappointed with the GSM 600 phone, the CDMA 600 was better.
    Ouch. I was looking forward to the GSM 650 being better than either the 600 0r 650 CDMA. Both of those had the continuing "cut-off" or clipped sound problem witrh people asking me to repeat thngs all the time. The Moto v551 has been a blessing - not one voice quality complaint. I may stay unconverged until they work out the kinks with the Treo 7XX.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Ouch. I was looking forward to the GSM 650 being better than either the 600 0r 650 CDMA. Both of those had the continuing "cut-off" or clipped sound problem witrh people asking me to repeat thngs all the time. The Moto v551 has been a blessing - not one voice quality complaint. I may stay unconverged until they work out the kinks with the Treo 7XX.
    Why "ouch"? CarlGalgano was only asking if the 650 was better or not. Did you hear anything bad about the 650's performance?
    I found vibrate on the T600 GSM was not very good and I missed several calls unless you used a belt clip. Did they make it any stronger on the T650?

Thanks
  20.    #20  
    I'm having no problems with my GMS 650, Vibration is good and no dropped calls (yet!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast