1.    #1  
    I'm still trying to decide, but I'm getting closer to ordering 2 unlocked 650s. My wife and I currently have Sprint Treos. We don't use a ton of voice minutes. I'd like some advice on moving our numbers to Cingular.

1. Can I port the numbers over the phone, or do I have to go to a Cingular store?

2. Since most CSRs will want to put me on the PDA data plan, and I want Media Works, which phone do I tell them I have instead of the 650 (assuming the transition can be done over the phone instead of a store)?

3. By telling them we have something other than a 650, will this make it easier to order a family plan? When Cingular had the SX66 on their site, they wouldn't let you get a family plan with it.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Anyone?
    Whats the reasoning behind moving from Sprint to Cingular especially when its from a treo CDMA to treo GSM? Do you plan on travelling out of the US alot?

By telling them we have something other than a 650, will this make it easier to order a family plan? When Cingular had the SX66 on their site, they wouldn't let you get a family plan with it.
    Sprint has pretty good family plans as well. Make sure you look into DATA plans. I hear Cingular wont be offering unlimited data with new treo 650's anymore
    I'm also wondering why you want to switch, as Sprint seems to be like half the price of Cingular? (Maybe not half, but close.)

Tom
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I am considering the same change.

I have a need for a worldwide phone now-is this why you're switching?

Also on my last trip to New York, my phone and data coverage was terrible; maybe it was the single digit temperatures in January.
    I'm also considering the switch. I've ordered the GSM version and I want to compare how it works with my Sprint 650. I'm not happy with Sprint's service and I like the flexibility that GSM offers over CDMA in that you can just switch phones as much as you want to.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Impatiently waiting for Treo 650 GSM
  7.    #7  
    My main reason is that I don't like Sprint's coverage right now.