1.    #1  
    I'm sure this has been discussed many times before, but I just purchased my first Treo (an unlocked 650) and I wanted to know what would be the best apps to play MP3's and set MP3's as ringtones. I read through many threads before posting this and it seems that many people prefer Pocket Tunes as an MP3 player and also use Lightwave to set the MP3's as ringers. Would these 2 apps be the best choice to play MP3's and set them as ringers? Also, will Lightwave or any other program allow me to edit an MP3 ringer and play a portion of a song or is my only choice to start the song from the beginning and will I be able to set different ringers to various contacts?

Also, does the 650 come packaged with the ability to set photo's to contacts or do I need to purchase and app for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by daygo718
    I'm sure this has been discussed many times before, but I just purchased my first Treo (an unlocked 650) and I wanted to know what would be the best apps to play MP3's and set MP3's as ringtones. I read through many threads before posting this and it seems that many people prefer Pocket Tunes as an MP3 player and also use Lightwave to set the MP3's as ringers. Would these 2 apps be the best choice to play MP3's and set them as ringers? Also, will Lightwave or any other program allow me to edit an MP3 ringer and play a portion of a song or is my only choice to start the song from the beginning and will I be able to set different ringers to various contacts?

Also, does the 650 come packaged with the ability to set photo's to contacts or do I need to purchase and app for this?

Lightwav and mp3Ringer will not allow you to edit mp3s but you can have them as is on the card. your ringertone will only ring for 30 seconds or one minute if you dont have voice mail.

both apps allow custom individual and group ringtones. With the new v5.1 of lightwav you can now use both PocketTunes or AeroPlayer as the mp3Player.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info! I have an MP3 editing software that I used in the past with my pocket pc. If I edit using this software and save it as a new MP3 file will Lightwav allow me to play it? Also, do you recommend Lightwav or mp3Ringer for the 650?