Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just ordered my unlocked...yes unlocked...GSM 650 and I am trying to compile a list of apps that I need to purchase once I receive my phone. I have read countless threads about people saying how much they dislike Versamail. Is it really that bad? I am basically looking to have access to my yahoo, cox communications (pop3) and gmail accounts. I don't send a ton of emails a day, but I do check my email often. As long as I can receive emails from all 3 accounts and respond to a few throughout the day, I will be happy. Would it be necessary for a user like myself to switch to Snappermail or Chatter? It seems like the users who swear by these 2 apps are heavy corporate email users and not the casual user like myself.
    never used versamail before. i use snapperfish and it works very well.
    It's not bad, it's just unstable. I've been quite happy with Chatter, but that is IMAP only.

Tom
    Versamail is HORRIBLE! I have to reset my account on an average everyother day. It corrupts itself, freezes my unit or resets it. I tried Snappermail and like it, but did not like the way it handles attachments.

I am in the process of setting up Chatter but hit a glitch since my internet provider (Comcast) does not support IMAP. I now need to set up a Fastmail account to use Chatter.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Yes
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Versamail works fine for me but I'm not a power E-mail user. I felt after spending so much on the phone it would be wise to use the included software until I experienced a problem. It checks my personal E-mail account a few times a day with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Versamail works fine for me but I'm not a power E-mail user. I felt after spending so much on the phone it would be wise to use the included software until I experienced a problem. It checks my personal E-mail account a few times a day with no problems.
    How long have you been using it? Do you use Auto sync?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I've stayed away from Autosync because of the problems described around here and haven't missed it. Usually my mail is checked when I synch so it's not necessary. Otherwise, I just open Versamail and tell it to check my E-mail. The old-fashioned way works fine.
  9.    #9  
    Well, it sounds like the overwhelming majority dislikes Versamail. I am looking to forward my Yahoo, Cox Communications and Gmail emails to my 650. Will Snappermail be able to handle this much better than Versamail?
    Just try VersaMail and see if it meets your needs. It meets mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    Yes
    Ditto
    I'm using Versamail as well with no problems.. I'm not a power Treo emailer by any stretch, but it is very simple and gets the job done. Give it a shot -- if it works for ya, keep it - simple as that!
    Well i figured i would use versamail since it was preinstalled...it ran smooth for two days and has been a headache ever since. but i'm hesitant to dump more money into another program since i'm not a power e-mailer. but it makes no sense to have a $600 phone and not be able to retrieve and send e-mail. Just to be clear...Snappermail is for POP3 accounts and Chattermail is for IMAP?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    The Versa Mail in my 650 works flawlessly ever since the initial problem of the out of the box setup problem was corrected by the Sprint tech support. It seemed that when configuring Versa Mail to work with my Yahoo Plus account, the account setup configuration had a different outgoing mail server address, which the Sprint tech changed. No problems ever since. I also use a Sprint PCS address with the Versa Mail application. I am not a power email user myself, but having these 2 accounts work with VM work with no problems. I don't use the autosync as there is no need to waste battery power, and something really nice with using the Sprint PCS mail which I reserve for only my closest contacts, I receive notification via vibrate and audible alert, and everything else is sent to my yahoo and that is checked periodically, and with the manual push of mail, it works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsurgeon
    Just to be clear...Snappermail is for POP3 accounts and Chattermail is for IMAP?
    Yea
  16.    #16  
    If I use fusemail to consolidate my email accounts, will Versamail have any problems accessing my emails through fusemail? What about sending replies?
    Versamail has been one of the applications that I've used on my 650 that has never crashed or been frozen. I don't use any autosync. It works great with AOL and Gmail for instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by daygo718
    If I use fusemail to consolidate my email accounts, will Versamail have any problems accessing my emails through fusemail? What about sending replies?

i used fusemail and versa. it worked great for about two days...and then nada...only had the 650 since last week...so i'm still trying to resolve this...

but it does work. whatever my current prob is...i'm pretty sure it's the versa
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I just wanted to say I was dead wrong about Versamail. The damn program has started to resurrect deleted accounts and mail. It is also causing resets when mail is checked. I just deleted with a custom Shadowmite ROM and I'm giving Snappermail a try.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Been working fine for me. I just don't use the auto sync. That leads to a mess of problems, or so I have read.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast