Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VersaMail isn't that bad, as long as you don't autosync (as mentioned by others). But SnapperMail is much much better. Well worth the price!
    I auto sync using Versamail all the time on GSM 650 and Orange UK and no resets or problems FYI
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimPhillips
    Just try VersaMail and see if it meets your needs. It meets mine.
    Keep in mind that if you are using the default outbound SMTP for your carrier (e.g. smtp.attwireless.net) but are using an account with a different domain in the address (e.g name@mydomain.net) your mail is liable to be bounced or flitered out by anti-relay rules on the recipient end.
    Versamail kicked my dog...

other than that it worked fine for me. I autosync with it as well every 15 minutes. I don't attribute any problems I have had to it... I don't use it like a power user though. I also have Good Link on my GSM 650 for company email.
    Treo 650 GSM
    I used Versamail for 2 months and had problems with it controlling my server emails and deleting them when directed, etc. Then, it started to cause soft resets anytime I checked my sent mail. Finally, I broke down and bought Snappermail and find it is a much better program. I especially like that Snappermail allows me to move my emails to the SD card, supports attachments, and allows for more customization than Versamail. All around, Snappermail has performed flawlessly and I wish I had gotten it sooner.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I can get versamail autosync to work for about a day then it just craps out and doesn't check my mail anymore- I have tried different settings but to no avail. Otherwise, with much help from Sprint tech support, my treo is now working flawlessly (except for autosync). It has taken about three months to iron out all the kinks.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    I've hasd my Treo 650 since November 2004, and I have used Versamail the entire time.

I do not use it to check or hotsync my office mail (where we use Outlook), but I have three personal SMTP accounts (Sprint, and 2 Time Warner accounts) which I check daily with no difficulty at all.

It's a bit clunky but it works.

ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Versamail syncs well with my Exchange 2003 server. It is what I am using now.

Versamail is not my first choice in email software but it works. After a while I'll switch to Marc's Exchange plugin to Chatter. It is worth spending money for Chatter over the (free) Versamail just because the Chatter user interface is (for me) far superior.

(That is, I'll switch over to Chatter unless I make the jump to Windows first -- I'm watching for the HTC TyTN and in large part due to lack of wifi on my Treo).

I have Chatter running on my wife's Treo 650 because she doesn't need to have her phone talk to an Exchange 2003 server. She doesn't get the innate fabulousness of push email on Chatter, though. I guess if this is your first experience with email on a phone you think it's normal.

For those who don't need their Treo to talk to the server at the office, Chatter is absolutely the solution. And for those who do, I think the Exchange plugin looks extremely promising.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Just my 2cents worth I ripped Versamail out of my wifes custom rom t650 and replaced it with Snapper and i use Snapper on my work supplied 650 (cant do custom rom not worth the risk) Versamail always gave me problems
    I use Versamail to get both an Exchange email and POP account, using Activesync on both and have very few issues.

I'd definitely give it a try and see if it meets your needs.
    I use Versamail to handle 300 emails a day on 3 accounts w/o a problem in 18 months. Of course I don't checvk my e-mail every 10 minutes and , givem a chnace, I'll set teh Treo aside and use a full size KB and screen....but the Treo does the job when thoisen aren't available.
    Versamail is great..... it saves me from having to reach around and poke the reset hole when I need a soft reset. Just launch Versamail and it will perform a soft reset for you.
    LOL! That's cute. I wonder what conflicting software you are using since this never happens to so many of us.

Cheers,
    Chickenhawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz
    Versamail is great..... it saves me from having to reach around and poke the reset hole when I need a soft reset. Just launch Versamail and it will perform a soft reset for you.
    Mine myst be faulty....that doesn't work
    I use Versamail to check my Gmail and Yahoo and never had any problems. All i use Versamail is for checking (manual check) emails probably 3-4 times a day and occasional send. I am now trying to check my fastmail account as well .
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I forgot about that feature i must revisit versamail for that reset feature alone plus then i can get all those repeating , non deleating emails over and over again.

Snapper enterprise free from work cant beat the price/features etc.
    I have blackberry connect for work email, and use versamail for personal email. I don't use autosynch on versamail. I manually retrieve email 4-5 times per day with versamail. I may be unusual in that I don't have many 3 party apps, just blackberry connect, and a few games. I really like this setup much more than my 8700c due to the multimedia options the treo offers over the blackberry.
    -BD
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Has been incorrectly stated "Snapper for POP and Chatteremail for IMAP"
    Chatteremail does both quite well!
    I'll add myself to the list of users who actually likes VersaMail quite a bit. I use it to connect to my work MS Exchange server where it syncs my E-mail and Calendar. If you pay $9.99, you can download the latest version that allows you to also sync your contacts (again, only on an MS Exchange server). I have it autosync once every hour. It misses a sync every now and again, but I don't consider that a huge issue.

I also use it to download POP3 mail from other accounts as well.

I would not call it a heavy duty e-mail program, but it works fine for me.

I used to use Snappermail a long time ago, but found that Versamail was sufficient. Chatteremail is also an excellent option.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    well, its good to see that others are having success. I for one, cannot get autosync to work for more than a day. Then, when I open VM, the Sprint Treo 650 resets. Yuck. I have deleted and reinstalled accounts, changed backup and versamail files on my computer, reinstalled hotsync and the desktop software and hard reset the phone but nothing seems to make it stable. Help please.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast