1.    #1  
    I've been considering buying the 650 for a while, and now when the GSM/unlocked version is out on PalmOne's website, I'd like to ask all of you folks who already have had it for a while about your opinion.

Is it worth upgrading from 600? Is it a major improvement in technology and software? Did you increase your productivity?

There is another thread in this forum with posts about hotsync crashes, delays while dialing and all kinds of other problems which sound disastrous to me and make me wonder whether to buy the Treo 650 or not.

Any comparisons and comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Treo 600 | Unlocked | AT&T --> Treo 650 | GSM | Cingular
    sweet jesus....

Any comparisons and comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Any chance you clicked on ANY of the links in this forum? They are the black things that cause your cursor to change to a hand when you hover over them....
    here's the MAJOR difference that i know of, as i don't own the phone yet
    pro:
    - hi-res screen
    - better camera *i don't care*
    - bluetooth *once you're bluetooth user, you're ALWAYS be a bluetooth user!*
    - removeable battery *well, not sure about your usage pattern, but removeable battery is good )*

CON:
    - memory *this is the only drawback that i know as of now*

well....?
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    sweet jesus....

Any chance you clicked on ANY of the links in this forum? They are the black things that cause your cursor to change to a hand when you hover over them....
    Not everyone is as worldly and experienced as you, OI.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    Not everyone is as worldly and experienced as you, OI.
    totally agree....but someone asking for comparisons? come on now....
  6.    #6  
    Well, honestly, I don't care about the hi-res screen, the camera (especially) and the blue tooth if the Treo 650 does not work absolutelly flawlessly as a phone. There is a list of fixes that people have collected in another thread in this forum and it looks pretty grim. So I appreciate wolwol's reply, but the rest of the posts are quite ironic, considering I pretty much invented the Internet.
    Treo 600 | Unlocked | AT&T --> Treo 650 | GSM | Cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by sguen
    but the rest of the posts are quite ironic, considering I pretty much invented the Internet.
    I voted for you in 2000 Mr. Gore....

My best to Tipper....
    Quote Originally Posted by sguen
    Is it worth upgrading from 600?
    That is a question for you to answer yourself.

Is it a major improvement in technology and software?
    I don't consider dot releases in OS's major improvements in software but I love some of the new features of the 650 comapred to my old 600... the bluetooth, the screen, the better camera, did I mention the bluetooth?

Did you increase your productivity?
    Yes, but don't tell my boss . Actually it did and it didn't. Everything is better except that the sync client for my company's calendaring system does not work with OS 5.4 because of the NVRam thingy so it takes alot longer to uplolad my calendar.

There is another thread in this forum with posts about hotsync crashes, delays while dialing and all kinds of other problems which sound disastrous to me and make me wonder whether to buy the Treo 650 or not.
    I think it is like any other computer - you will have problems. I think it comes down to what you need in a device and what you can afford.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    I voted for you in 2000 Mr. Gore...
    Are you sure? Maybe you voted for Buchanan?
    If you can get around Versamail (which I have grown to loathe) you should be fine.

IMHO, the 600 is a more stable product than the 650 at this point. I have replaced my 650 twice already. I might also add that the 600 had a few bugs too and patches fixed them. I had my 600 replaced too, but not the 2nd week of having it and once again in another 2 weeks. (Maybe I just got a couple of lemons, right). Had to drop by the Sprint store today cuz my unit is draining battery for no apparent reason now for a couple of days. (Could be software, but who knows)

I would suggest holding off until P1 fixes the memory as well as the Auto Sync in Versamail (did I mention the phone dial lag and white screen). I find it irritating that P1 would release a high-end product with flaws that should have been detected and corrected such as these.

BTW, I'm trying to love this phone but it's problems are getting in the way. I realize there are Treo enthusists here and that's cool, but honest objective comments and user assistance is why I come here.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I have found the need for this software since you have to remove the battery to perform a reset:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre