Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Just ordered my Unlocked Treo 650, and at the same time, my vaja case...hmm which will get here first

At least i dont have to buy any screen protectors...i bought a three pack of boxwave and martin field when i bought them last year

oh btw...to those who are worried about the radiation...here are two things you should think of

1. What doesnt give you cancer...you are very lucky these days to die of natural causes...so meh dismiss it

2. if you are really worried..buy one of these: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...iationsuit.jpg
    Just talked to a P1 store, whose rep told me they'll have stock of the unlocked GSM on Monday. !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AznTriniBwoy
    BTW, just thought of something. Would Rogers help me out with setting up the data side of things? That is, Internet etc?

Or would the trusty industrious users of Treocentral be able to give me a hand with it?

It won't be a problem. Settings should be same as 600 so Rogers CSRs should be able to tell you based on those.

If they won't help you for some reason I have them written down somewhere and I'm sure all the other Rogers people here will pitch in with help. (Actually I've found Rogers helpful in the past. I got my iPaq connecting to the Internet through my T68i using bluetooth and a Rogers CSR was extremely helpful in providing the settings I needed as they pertained to the Rogers network even though doing what I was doing wasn't exactly supported by them. They didn't care if I did it, but they were also under no obligation really to help me but they happily did help.)

The nice thing is Rogers has EDGE. woot!

As for warrenty. If P1 explicitly ships to Canada and you buy direct from them I figure they've got to cover it under normal warrenty. That's my rational. Okay now to buy a case.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Placed my order for the unlocked version today at 9:32am - Order Number: 050202-2133xx

Man, I hope we get 'em this week...(I know, total wishful thinking...)
    I know your trying help the forum members but due to people talking about this I am not able to to use my discount anymore. THANKS! I should of ordered it this morning when it did work
    Quote Originally Posted by OC RYDAH
    I know your trying help the forum members but due to people talking about this I am not able to to use my discount anymore. THANKS! I should of ordered it this morning when it did work

What happend exactly? could you spell it out so the forum knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    It won't be a problem. Settings should be same as 600 so Rogers CSRs should be able to tell you based on those.

If they won't help you for some reason I have them written down somewhere and I'm sure all the other Rogers people here will pitch in with help. (Actually I've found Rogers helpful in the past. I got my iPaq connecting to the Internet through my T68i using bluetooth and a Rogers CSR was extremely helpful in providing the settings I needed as they pertained to the Rogers network even though doing what I was doing wasn't exactly supported by them. They didn't care if I did it, but they were also under no obligation really to help me but they happily did help.)

The nice thing is Rogers has EDGE. woot!

As for warrenty. If P1 explicitly ships to Canada and you buy direct from them I figure they've got to cover it under normal warrenty. That's my rational. Okay now to buy a case.
    Thanks for the reply

What case is best for the T650....?

I am also trying to decide on the scala-500 or SE HBH-660 BTHSets
    Quote Originally Posted by AznTriniBwoy
    I am also trying to decide on the scala-500 or SE HBH-660 BTHSets
    If you decide on the Scala, you can get it at PCMall or MacMall for $35 including shipping: http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/de...pno~511668.asp
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    What happend exactly? could you spell it out so the forum knows.
    Well I dont want to go into detail since I am a member but if there are other developers that have been a member and have not ordered their TREO's they will know what I am talking about. Basically PalmOne/PluggedIn Program discontinued something because it was leaked to the general public. Check some of the posts about getting the GSM phones. Its about saving money
    Last edited by OC RYDAH; 02/02/2005 at 05:21 PM.
    Well I dont want to go into detail since I am a member but if there are other developers that have been a member and have not ordered their TREO's they will know what I am talking about. Basically PalmOne/PluggedIn Program discontinued something because it was leaked to the general public. Check some of the posts about getting the GSM phones. Its about saving money
    I think I was one of the first on this thread to "ask". I got a note back from the poster I asked telling me it was for developers. I went to the site and saw that, as well. When I went to the registration form I realized I couldn't fill it out without lying about something. So I didn't register. The site talks about getting approved. I saw no way I would be approved. I am curious as to how others got approved? And so quickly.

I did sign up for the cash back (3.3%) but thats it. My bill from palmone is 615 before the 3.3%
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!

i ordered mine at about 9:30AM and was able to get the discount.

guess i got in under the wire.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I ordered with the discount, but now my order has been updated and is $100 more.

I hope they fix it for people who actually are developers.

I suppose I'm the one who "leaked" this information, but there was nothing in the e-mail about it that said it was confidential or anything - just that it was for developers. They offered the same thing for the Treo 270s when they came out, but to fix this sort of problem, when they announced it, they said you had to have registered to be a developer by a month earlier.

Sorry if I screwed this up for anyone... I figured developer discounts were pretty much common knowledge, anyway.
    Last edited by metsfan; 02/02/2005 at 05:42 PM.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    i ordered mine at about 9:30AM and was able to get the discount.

guess i got in under the wire.
    You did. I went to the site via the email I got a couple days ago and it was available around 11:00am pst but was unable to order because I had things to do. Went back like and hour ago and It said something like "due one of our members making this public info they are discontinuing the offer". I guess PalmOne got upset but they should let the developers that did not sign up today take advantage of the discount
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    I ordered with the discount, but now my order has been updated and is $100 more.

I suppose I'm the one who "leaked" this information, but there was nothing in the e-mail about it that said it was confidential or anything - just that it was for developers. They offered the same thing for the Treo 270s when they came out, but to fix this sort of problem, when they announced it, they said you had to have registered to be a developer by a month earlier.

Sorry if I screwed this up for anyone... I figured developer discounts were pretty much common knowledge, anyway.
    It seems that some people are angry at you. They shouldn't be. You did not do anything wrong. All you did was point out the site. You even said that it was for developers. They should let those people who were registered get the discount.

You did nothing wrong.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

So they charged you $100 more? So if I did order it earlier then I guess I would have been charged the regular price.

Developer discounts are pretty much common knowledge but think about it, if you make this info public and tell them how to get the discount then think how many people are going to try to get into the PluggedIn program and take advantage of this. Im no way mad at anyone. Im just mad because Ive been waiting for months like everyone else to get a hold of a unlocked GSM 650 at a good price.
    So they charged you $100 more? So if I did order it earlier then I guess I would have been charged the regular price.

Developer discounts are pretty much common knowledge but think about it, if you make this info public and tell them how to get the discount then think how many people are going to try to get into the PluggedIn program and take advantage of this.
    the program requires approval by P1 staff. All they need to do is not approve.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Developer discounts are pretty much common knowledge but think about it, if you make this info public and tell them how to get the discount then think how many people are going to try to get into the PluggedIn program and take advantage of this. Im no way mad at anyone. Im just mad because Ive been waiting for months like everyone else to get a hold of a unlocked GSM 650 at a good price.
    Well, nothing's been actually charged yet, because they haven't shipped anything. The price listed on my order is $100 more than it was before, though. But they should just trust their approval process for the developer program, only allow this discount for people who were already signed up, and be done with it.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    the program requires approval by P1 staff. All they need to do is not approve.
    Correct. Thats why I dont understand why they are making a big deal about it but keep in mind that people can lie about about info.
    Last edited by OC RYDAH; 02/02/2005 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    THANK YOU! but i prefer mine with the original palmOne logo and everything, no crappy stuff from provider
    You'll pay $150 for a logo?

Welcome to Vanity, one of the Seven Deadly Sins.
    Woohoo! Order in. Plus $100 off coupon I got in e-mail for being a Plugged In developer.

Plus 3.3% back from Fatwallet (http://www.fatwallet.com/cashback/).

I am also a registered developer. How do you get this offer? Please let me know.

Thanks
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast