Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AznTriniBwoy
    Hey, those using the GSM, does this concern you?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post543311

ie. high radiation output

no....we are already being bombarded with radiation everyday.....
    even you, as you're reading this post, being bombarded by radiation from your monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    no....we are already being bombarded with radiation everyday.....
    even you, as you're reading this post, being bombarded by radiation from your monitor
    true
    but why add to the bombarment....

actually, forget it..u convinced me....hahhaha...like i needed any anyways...i will be buying it today for sure
    true
    but why add to the bombarment....

actually, forget it..u convinced me....hahhaha...like i needed any anyways...i will be buying it today for sure
    and you can always use the headset or a bluetooth headset to avoid it?
    just make sure slip the treo 650 to your trouser...those little wiggles doesn't need any radiation
    050201-2097xx ordered at 8:45pm PST. Glad I stayed up last night and checked TC before going to sleep.

This is sick, we're trying to decipher PalmOne's sales systems! But here's my question:

Can we assume that Order Received is 'past' the previous statuses (i.e. Credit Card Approved)? Is it ready to go to the next step (Order Processing or Shipped)?

Remember: the anticipation is half the fun!
    Last edited by mspalacios; 02/02/2005 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    and you can always use the headset or a bluetooth headset to avoid it?
    just make sure slip the treo 650 to your trouser...those little wiggles doesn't need any radiation
    yeah...just found that out
    thanks for the feedback...gonna find the best BT headset now to order the same time as i order the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    okay very odd:
    The following major mobile phone service providers are NOT compatible with the Treo 650 smartphone:

Nextel (iden)
    Rogers Wireless (GSM WITH EGPRS)
    Verizon Wireless (CDMA, but the hack makes it work)

okay rogers will work...im gonna have to call them to make sure about this remark...

EDIT: i dunno how much it is for shipping for you guys down in the US...but im getting free express shipping...lalalal after the conversion it would cost 850 CAD...which is way better than the rogers price when it was released...whoop whoop
    I ordered mine at 6:30am this morning and I was also pleased about the free shipping. It's funny because express overnight is the only shipping option for Canadians so mayb that's why they throw it in for free. On the other hand the tax I'm paying is a lot more than the $15 shipping a lot of you guys are paying. (I get dinged for 15% sales tax between provincial and federal taxes.)

Hofo_mofo I didn't notice that Rogers was listed as non-compatible provider. (If that were the case what Canadian orders would they get given that Rogers is now our only GSM carrier. Bell and Telus are both CDMA, they're the ones that should be listed.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf
    Yeah, I mentioned that in the last paraghraph, though I imagine that in that 11:30-12mid time frame 80%+ of the orders were Treos.

Also interesting note, I just called palmone to cancel the second order, and the rep said that the first order was scheduled to be shipped in the next 1-2 days, while the second order hadn't even made it to there system yet (though it does show on there website order confirmation page). REALY funny since the orders were only 4 minutes apart!
    D-Caf, what was your order number again?
    BTW, just thought of something. Would Rogers help me out with setting up the data side of things? That is, Internet etc?

Or would the trusty industrious users of Treocentral be able to give me a hand with it?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf
    Ok, so the orders weren't going as fast as it seemed. I had guessed that the order numbers had started in about the 050201-209000 range at around 11:30 pm EST time....
    You are probably right in your estimates as I was in the mid 209,500's range and likely the earlier numbers in the 9000 range were probably ordered before the release of the 650.

Thank you for your palmOne Sales order (050201-2095XX)
    Date: February 1, 2005 11:29:56 PM EST
    oops.
    i forgot one very important question.

Seeing that us Canadians will be ordering from the US site, what happens in the event of warranty issues if needed.

Ship back to US PalmOne and then therefore have a longer waiting period?
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Did anyone notice that the MediaWorks package on the P1 site specifically says it is a GPRS service? No mention of Edge. Can anyone confirm that they are getting Edge speed with MediaWorks? Here's the link:

http://web.palmone.com/products/comm...equestid=59427

If this link does not work, go to the P1 page and step thru the ordering process as if you are ordering a 650 with a new contract with Cingular. At one point it will display a summary of your selections. The GPRS statement is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart
    Did anyone notice that the MediaWorks package on the P1 site specifically says it is a GPRS service? No mention of Edge. Can anyone confirm that they are getting Edge speed with MediaWorks?
    Numerous people have confirmed this....have a look around
    oops.
    i forgot one very important question.

Seeing that us Canadians will be ordering from the US site, what happens in the event of warranty issues if needed.

Ship back to US PalmOne and then therefore have a longer waiting period?
    Since they say that the Treo Store is for US and Canadian orders, I'm sure it won't be a problem.

The information here might cover your questions: http://www.palmone.com/us/support/co...da_repair.html
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    Numerous people have confirmed this....have a look around
    I have read that "the phone supports edge, the network supports edge, so edge speeds will be attained". What I am looking for is someone who has a 650 in hand with the MediaWorks package and has tested and found edge speed. Sorry to be skeptical but many claims have shown up here in the TC threads that have proven false with further investigation. Not being critical - people just make innocent mistakes in their excitement. I just want to verify what people have been saying - MediaWorks supports Edge speeds.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart
    I just want to verify what people have been saying - MediaWorks supports Edge speeds.
    MediaWorks on the Motorola V551 (class 6 EDGE phone) supports EDGE speeds and you are billed a flat monthly fee of $19.95/mo with no data charges. Visit the Cingular forum over at howardforums.com if you're still skeptical -- plenty of people with MediaWorks using it with tethering (DUN) and using it with EDGE capable phones while getting EDGE speeds and consistent monthly bills regardless of use.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    thank you....
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Try looking on eBay for Treo accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Once I get my unlocked GSM, how do I set it up to work with T-Mobile. I have a T-mobile version now but the data setup is "locked" and not readable.
    I bought a Treo 600 unlocked last year from handspring.com.

Here's what I did with the Treo 600 (and I'd imagine its similar to the 650).

From the main menu > Prefs > Network

I added a new provider and named it whatever.

Assuming you have the 19.99 data plan

Connection : GPRS (Tmo doesnt have edge, sorry)
    User Name: (left blank)
    password: (left blank)
    apn: internet2.voicestream.com

Or if you have the VPN internet plan, change the APN to internet3.voicestream.com

Or if you have tzones only: wap.voicestream.com

There you go.
    Ordered Mine finally.....
    Rang it at $688.85 US all said and done.

That is roughly about $850 CAN

DA DAMMMMMMMMMMM but pleased
    Interesting to note... the "special shipping message" on palmone.com.. http://web.palmone.com/support/speci...ping_msg.jhtml

It now says if you ordered AFTER Feb 2, it would ship 1-2 weeks. Says nothing about Feb 1 (or Feb 2) orders. Not that I'm getting my hopes up. I can wait another 1-2 weeks, if I have to. Though once it shipped, I can't wait anymore, so I got overnight shipping.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast