Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    In the word of Napleon Dynamite : SWEET
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf
    Yeah, I mentioned that in the last paraghraph, though I imagine that in that 11:30-12mid time frame 80%+ of the orders were Treos.

Also interesting note, I just called palmone to cancel the second order, and the rep said that the first order was scheduled to be shipped in the next 1-2 days, while the second order hadn't even made it to there system yet (though it does show on there website order confirmation page). REALY funny since the orders were only 4 minutes apart!

11:30-12mid EST right?
    what's the status of your order at palmone site?
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    11:30-12mid EST right?
    what's the status of your order at palmone site?
    Yes, I was talking EST times, I'm an easterner

Both orders say Order Status: Order Received and thats all on the palmone site.

According to the Rep on the phone the first order is in their internal system and being processed, while the second order hasn't been transferred from the websystem to their internal system. That's all the details I got though. And who knows if he actualy knew what was going on.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    I can tell you that at 11:34pm EST that my order was in the 630-650 range. Online processing shows order received... the wait continues.
    you sure you have tmobile version of treo 650 now?
    OOOOOPS!!! I meant that I have a tmobile version of Treo 600 now. When I get the unlocked 650 how do I set up my data service?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    I can tell you that at 11:34pm EST that my order was in the 630-650 range. Online processing shows order received... the wait continues.
    cool, am in the same range as yours , ordered at 8.36pm PST

Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf
    Yes, I was talking EST times, I'm an easterner

Both orders say Order Status: Order Received and thats all on the palmone site.

According to the Rep on the phone the first order is in their internal system and being processed, while the second order hasn't been transferred from the websystem to their internal system. That's all the details I got though. And who knows if he actualy knew what was going on.
    ah...allright....thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    Woohoo! Order in. Plus $100 off coupon I got in e-mail for being a Plugged In developer.

Plus 3.3% back from Fatwallet (http://www.fatwallet.com/cashback/).

what is the link for plugged in?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Jeebs. Looks Like I'm going to be waiting a while for mine.

I woke up this morning, saw TC's headline, then agonized about it for while.

Eventually I bit the bullet and paid the premium. (*grumbles* Stupid freakin' Tmobile)

Order 050202-2126XX placed at 9:10am EST

I sure hope their first round of inventory holds out until mine can ship. My email also says 1-2 weeks.
    ABOUT TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..................
    Now i can finally get my Christmas Bonus...........
    WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyone know if the GSM unlocked model of the T650 will work with Rogers network in Canada.

I am assuming YES,....but still want to make sure....
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me Yes.
    i will be ordering this today
    D-Caf, what would ship in 1 - 2 days? unlocked treo 650? what was your order number?
    Quote Originally Posted by AznTriniBwoy

Anyone know if the GSM unlocked model of the T650 will work with Rogers network in Canada.

yes
    Quote Originally Posted by AznTriniBwoy

I'm assuming that Palm One probably meant to say it wouldn't work with Bell (CDMA) not Rogers.

Because I can't see why an unlocked phone wouldn't work on any GSM network... (otherwise in a couple weeks I'll have to make some calls to Palm One and Rogers)
    yes
    SWEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT............Gonna get boss's Amex Card and order today
    Thanks for the very FAST reply...Really appreciate it...

I also called Rogers Canada and they said that once it is unlocked, i can use it on their network...
    talk about joy........oh joy oh joy
    Quote Originally Posted by dwpaul
    I'm assuming that Palm One probably meant to say it wouldn't work with Bell (CDMA) not Rogers.

Because I can't see why an unlocked phone wouldn't work on any GSM network... (otherwise in a couple weeks I'll have to make some calls to Palm One and Rogers)
    Just order it directly from PalmOne....That is what i will be doing today and useing it on rogers Canada soon
    I called p1 this morning and asked about the phone not working on rogers. the person had no idea what I was talking about..claiming it may be an issue with rogers (which does not exist)... oh well when I get home im ordering my vaja case and phone..after taxes it would cozt me 688.85 with 89.95 in taxes..but 0 for s&h and duty..uh oh lol...but no I had to class at university today..its your fault...yeah yours..making me go to my one and oonly class from 10 to 1130 est..yeah your fault...lol
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I ordered my unlocked GSM T650 this morning!
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    I called p1 this morning and asked about the phone not working on rogers. the person had no idea what I was talking about..claiming it may be an issue with rogers (which does not exist)... oh well when I get home im ordering my vaja case and phone..after taxes it would cozt me 688.85 with 89.95 in taxes..but 0 for s&h and duty..uh oh lol...but no I had to class at university today..its your fault...yeah yours..making me go to my one and oonly class from 10 to 1130 est..yeah your fault...lol

Yeah, i can't wait to order mine today as well

BTW, do you know what else i should order for it? i want to order everything one time
    what kind of case? what kind of headset?
    etc
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    D-Caf, what would ship in 1 - 2 days? unlocked treo 650? what was your order number?
    The rep on the phone was referring to my order of an unlocked Treo 650 palmone weborder. He said that it was scheduled to ship in the next 1-2 days. I'm not going to get my hopes up that I could get this phone by Friday with express shipping, just not going to do it....would only be disappointed....won't happen...

The email confirmation I got said they expect to be ship within the next 1-2 weeks, so it's more likely the rep didn't know what he was talking about and I might see it late next week.

My order number was around the 050201-2098xx series.
    Just ordered mine too (with free express shipping), for use on Fido. Hopefully I can use the occasional boonies 850 MHz roaming on Rogers as well!

My order number is 050202-212xxx, where xxx unfortunately is quite high.

/Duckman

Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    okay very odd:
    The following major mobile phone service providers are NOT compatible with the Treo 650 smartphone:

Nextel (iden)
    Rogers Wireless (GSM WITH EGPRS)
    Verizon Wireless (CDMA, but the hack makes it work)

okay rogers will work...im gonna have to call them to make sure about this remark...

EDIT: i dunno how much it is for shipping for you guys down in the US...but im getting free express shipping...lalalal after the conversion it would cost 850 CAD...which is way better than the rogers price when it was released...whoop whoop
    Philips PR95 (NMT) > Nokia 232 (AMPS) > Nokia 5190 & 5110 (GSM) > Ericsson R520m (unlocked GSM) > Treo 650 (unlocked GSM) on Fido
    Hey, those using the GSM, does this concern you?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post543311

ie. high radiation output