Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Hey Rtalian, what happened to your 180? Do you still have it? Once I get the 650 I can retire my trusty little 90. I swear timex built the thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    Hey Rtalian, what happened to your 180? Do you still have it? Once I get the 650 I can retire my trusty little 90. I swear timex built the thing.
    My poor, poor 180. I've only had the thing maybe seven months. As I think has happened to many others, it got stress fractures on the lid & eventually broke by simply flipping the lid open. It was fine for a few days after that (speaker wires still connected & right-side could mostly hold the lid on), and then I dropped it. The lid flipped off & snapped the speaker wires. This was about two weeks ago, so the timing was pretty good. I don't know yet if I'll try to get P1 to replace it or if I'll mod it somehow (not that I'll use it much once the 650 gets here ).
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    050202-21115X is my order #. At 12:29am. It went right thru. I guess dial up owns you guys who had problems with the browser acting up.
    Just ordered

050202-21128x
    Yeah I drop my 90 all over the place. And I have had it a couple of months after they (Handspring) released it. Still the original one. I never had a problem with it, the OS was very stable. It only crashed when I was making it do something that it shouldn't/couldn't do. I just hope P1 releases a fix for all th little quirks that plauges the 650. I want to be able to say that the 650 was a great replacement.
    just ordered 2 unlocked phones. AT LAST.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    just ordered 2 unlocked phones. AT LAST.
    wondering, what's your order #?
    Do you think the unlocked 650 will be available at a walk-in PalmOne store, say Century City mall, West LA?
    I ordered mine this morning. Finally!!!!
  9. gdb
    050201-2096xx - 08:31:59 pm pst
    Last edited by gdb; 02/02/2005 at 07:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    That's only if you use Cingular... I'm on T-Mobile. I was going to try to have a friend unlock it for me, but I'd rather buy unlocked.
    Once I get my unlocked GSM, how do I set it up to work with T-Mobile. I have a T-mobile version now but the data setup is "locked" and not readable.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    okay very odd:
    The following major mobile phone service providers are NOT compatible with the Treo 650 smartphone:

Nextel (iden)
    Rogers Wireless (GSM WITH EGPRS)
    Verizon Wireless (CDMA, but the hack makes it work)

okay rogers will work...im gonna have to call them to make sure about this remark...

EDIT: i dunno how much it is for shipping for you guys down in the US...but im getting free express shipping...lalalal after the conversion it would cost 850 CAD...which is way better than the rogers price when it was released...whoop whoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Once I get my unlocked GSM, how do I set it up to work with T-Mobile. I have a T-mobile version now but the data setup is "locked" and not readable.
    you sure you have tmobile version of treo 650 now?
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    okay very odd:
    The following major mobile phone service providers are NOT compatible with the Treo 650 smartphone:

Nextel (iden)
    Rogers Wireless (GSM WITH EGPRS)
    Verizon Wireless (CDMA, but the hack makes it work)

okay rogers will work...im gonna have to call them to make sure about this remark...

EDIT: i dunno how much it is for shipping for you guys down in the US...but im getting free express shipping...lalalal after the conversion it would cost 850 CAD...which is way better than the rogers price when it was released...whoop whoop

did you order yours already mofo?

i got mine @ $615US$ with overnight shipping
    Order placed...Feb 2nd 7:40 AM EST P1 GSM Unlocked...Order Number 050202-211xxx...1-2 week (standard free) delivery...why pay for overnight when it's a week or two away, right??? Now if it would just ship out sooner...Thanks Palmone! You made my day...it might not arrive in time for my birthday (Feb 4th) but at least I was able to order...that's a great birthday present in itself!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by rickbaynes
    R-Treo: what's your order# and time?
    I didn't place an order. I've got one on order from VC. Just wanted to get the word out to you guys as quickly as possible.
    Where did you hear that Rogers in Canada will not work the unlocked 650? I just ordered mine!
    Quote Originally Posted by dmohr
    Where did you hear that Rogers in Canada will not work the unlocked 650? I just ordered mine!
    am guessing palmOne posted a wrong information in their site

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...man/bahaha.jpg

weird eh?
    Ok, so the orders weren't going as fast as it seemed. I had guessed that the order numbers had started in about the 050201-209000 range at around 11:30 pm EST time. Now it looks like it started around the 050201-209600 range at that time. So it was a much slower takeup in the initial 15 minutes than I orginaly thought.

So here are some Approximates (I took x to = 0 ):

11:30 EST = 209600

11:34 EST = 20961x +10 in 4m

11:36 EST = 20963X +20 in 2m

11:46 EST = 20971x +80 in 10m

12:00 EST = 20983x +120 in 14m
    (at this point their webserver started having some issues)
    12:04 EST = 20995x + 120 in 4m

15:11 EST = 2111xx + 1150 in 3h7m

15:29 EST = 21115x + 50 in 18m

So my order actualy now appears to be in the #220 order range, and it was a slow uptake at first, but as word spread there was a rush around midnight. This is assuming all orders in that time frame were Treo's which they probably weren't. It also probably tapered off after that as people just weren't awake or checking, at least most on the East Coast. West Coast was probably most of the orders after midnight.
    ^^i think you should consider those who are not buying treos...tungsten? zire? accessories? softwares?

Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    ^^i think you should consider those who are not buying treos...tungsten? zire? accessories? softwares?
    Yeah, I mentioned that in the last paraghraph, though I imagine that in that 11:30-12mid time frame 80%+ of the orders were Treos.

Also interesting note, I just called palmone to cancel the second order, and the rep said that the first order was scheduled to be shipped in the next 1-2 days, while the second order hadn't even made it to there system yet (though it does show on there website order confirmation page). REALY funny since the orders were only 4 minutes apart!