Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 169
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    how did you confirm this? another user stated that their T-Mobile and AT&T sims worked fine in the Cingular 650....
    Models with mobile service provided by Cingular Wireless (including former AT&T Wireless) and Sprint are locked to work only with SIM cards and/or service plans from that specific mobile service provider.
    that's from palmOne site
  2. #42  
    i tried my T-Mobile sim card and got an error message. It is definetely locked.
    Treoseur
  3. #43  
    I was looking at the order numbers for my two Treo 650 orders (one a screwup with their webordering system, I only wanted one) and in the 4 minutes difference it took for the two seperate orders to be placed, the order numbers changed by 119.

    So in 4 minutes it looks like they took 119 orders, and that was right around midnight. If it went live at 11:30pm then I'm probably around order #750 or so.... (trying to take into account slow orders at the initial moment they went live, to the buildup as word spread...) Wow, they are going quick...
  4. #44  
    does this unlock release indicate a release soon on tmobile?
  5. #45  
    750 * 599 = $449250
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by chill2k66
    does this unlock release indicate a release soon on tmobile?
    A) You can use an unlocked on T-Mobile. But you knew that, and of course it's expensive.
    B) I read on other threads that unfortunately T-Mobile specific Treo 650 isn't expected until March/April timeframe. You might want to do a forum search for more specfica info. If you want it on TMo soon, I think unlocked is your only option, but if you can wait, then you'll save some money especially for a new activation or equipment upgrade.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf
    I was looking at the order numbers for my two Treo 650 orders...<snip>
    Which part of the order number are you refering to, the last 4 digits in the second sequenc of numbers after the hypen? I want to figure out what mine is.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Which part of the order number are you refering to, the last 4 digits in the second sequenc of numbers after the hypen? I want to figure out what mine is.
    yea, i want to know too!
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    I've just ordered my very own unlocked GSM Treo 650 from palmone.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It came to a total of $615 with next day shipping (1-2 days to process) and Hallmark Express Weather.
    Damm thats a good deal for just an unlocked phone and NO contract. I will have to wait a couple of weeks before I order mine up from P1
  10. #50  
    Guys, did you notice this page?
    http://web.palmone.com/support/speci...ping_msg.jhtml
    Order placed, Expected ship dates:
    Cingular Wireless Treo 650 After February 2, 2005 1-2 weeks
    Unlocked Treo 650 After February 2, 2005 1-2 weeks
    Sprint Treo 650 After November 8, 2004 In stock, shipping normally.

    So even with overnight shipping it could take a week to get this.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  11. #51  
    any advantages/disadvatages (besides price of course) of going with the unlocked GSM right now? i've heard DUN, which I don't know how often I'll use since I'm almost everywhere where there's internet, and pre-loaded junk. Any other things I should know about?
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Guys, did you notice this page?
    http://web.palmone.com/support/speci...ping_msg.jhtml
    Order placed, Expected ship dates:
    Cingular Wireless Treo 650 After February 2, 2005 1-2 weeks
    Unlocked Treo 650 After February 2, 2005 1-2 weeks
    Sprint Treo 650 After November 8, 2004 In stock, shipping normally.

    So even with overnight shipping it could take a week to get this.
    yea, maybe tomorrow we can call palmOne, nag & annoy them about shipping the treo 650 overnight, if they can't do it, ask them to return the $16 and still get the overnight shipping?
  13. #53  
    It's going to go the same way the sprint 650 went palm was officially out of stock for almost the entire first month they were avalible, the cingular ones will be the same way. The first couple hundred orders will ship tommarow, the rest will ship when they get more in stock. This isn't nessicarily true, but it was true for sprint so we can assume it will hold true for the cingular 650's
  14. #54  
    Wow, This is awesome news! It seems like we all have been waiting forever for the unlocked version and sure enough it is available along with Cingular's version just like others have mentioned in past threads. I am a Treo newbie and I just placed my order for my unlocked 650 moments ago. I can't wait to get my new toy in my hand and find out why everyone is so loyal to Treo devices. I have used pocket pc devices in the past, so there will definitely be a learning curve for me.
  15. #55  
    It DOES say orders placed after 2/2/05 will have 1-2 week shipping times. I know a lot of us got orders in on 2/1/05. So Depending on how far down the list you are (your oreder number is) you'll possibly get yours shipped almost immediately, but we have no way of knowing if ANY will or what.
    I don't really care at this point, I know I got my order in pretty early and I'll get it as soon as they can send it. No more stressing about when the order link will be up, what the price will be, will they have unlocked, etc. Just sit back and wait to be pleasantly surprised by Fedex in the next 3-14 days.
    My order number is 050201-210XXX and I placed it about 9:00PM PST.
    The confirmation email says 1-2 weeks.
    It's been a fun ride!
    Last edited by taylorh; 02/02/2005 at 07:47 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  16. #56  
    so..........anyone willing to share their order #? just a check ?

    050201-209xxx ?

    that xxx being 000 to 999???
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by daygo718
    ...... I can't wait to get my new toy in my hand and find out why everyone is so loyal to Treo devices. I have used pocket pc devices in the past, so there will definitely be a learning curve for me.
    Honestly the palms are easier to use the the PPC's. They do about the same things but palm just flows. Its not like using windows for years, then to wake up and have to use *nix instead. You will be fine with it.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    Honestly the palms are easier to use the the PPC's. They do about the same things but palm just flows. Its not like using windows for years, then to wake up and have to use *nix instead. You will be fine with it.

    Cool! Now I just need to figure out what accessories to purchase. I know I'm going to get a 1GB Sandisk SD card, but I'm not sure if I should save a few bucks and get the regular one or if I should buy the Ultra II...is there really a huge difference in speed? There are so many apps out there that I don't know where to begin!
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    so..........anyone willing to share their order #? just a check ?

    050201-209xxx ?

    that xxx being 000 to 999???
    I've got a 050201-210XXX and this was ordered 40+ minutes ago ....
    I doubt -200xxx was the starting number....i just wonder who had the first order....
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by daygo718
    Cool! Now I just need to figure out what accessories to purchase. I know I'm going to get a 1GB Sandisk SD card, but I'm not sure if I should save a few bucks and get the regular one or if I should buy the Ultra II...is there really a huge difference in speed? There are so many apps out there that I don't know where to begin!
    I just got an Extreme III 1GB Sandisk SD and the file write speed compared to my regular 512MB Sandisk was a lot (23% vs 164% in VFSMark) in my Treo 600.

    I'm not gonna be using it for the Treo, though, I got it for a camera. I assume the difference would probably be magnified in a Treo 650, but I don't know for sure.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions