Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    Wanna share the coupon code?
    It's not a code.. you have to be a developer member and click through the link on the developer page to activate the coupon.

I don't remember what was involved in signing up in the Plugged In program, but it wasn't too difficult.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Holy F, am I glad I stayed up late playing video games. One unlocked palm ordered!
    Are you guys insane for buying it for $599? I know it's unlocked, but you can get the unlock code from Cingular after you buy it (See other threads). Cingular will be selling it for $449 +/- $50 in a day or so.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    Are you guys insane for buying it for $599? I know it's unlocked, but you can get the unlock code from Cingular after you buy it (See other threads). Cingular will be selling it for $449 +/- $50 in a day or so.
    The unlocking of the Cingular 650 is not yet confirmed... there was a lot of nonsense about PUC codes, but nothing official yet. Plus it is not clear how much carrier-specific crap is loaded into the ROM on the Cingular 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    Woohoo! Order in. Plus $100 off coupon I got in e-mail for being a Plugged In developer.

Plus 3.3% back from Fatwallet (http://www.fatwallet.com/cashback/).

i second that woot
    That's only if you use Cingular... I'm on T-Mobile. I was going to try to have a friend unlock it for me, but I'd rather buy unlocked.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Via this thread in te US GSM section, someone who received their Cingular Wireless GSM Treo 650 was able to pop in and USE their T-Mobile and AT&T Sim cards!

Looks like the Cingular phone may be unlocked after all, despite all the word otherwise!
    is the dun still crippled in the unlocked version?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPhong
    is the dun still crippled in the unlocked version?
    No http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=71106
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlocked GSM 650, ordered!
    THANK YOU! but i prefer mine with the original palmOne logo and everything, no crappy stuff from provider
    Holy christ! I just placed my order, and 5 minutes later, a knock at the door....

FEDEX WAS DELIVERING MY PHONE! THAT WAS FAST!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    THANK YOU! but i prefer mine with the original palmOne logo and everything, no crappy stuff from provider
    Yes yes... I'm anti-crap too.
    Just ordered mine from P1. DUN enabled and unmodified ROM is worth it!
    WHOHO, I've got one ordered now... well hmm, actualy according to the emails I now have two ordered , I'll have to call them tomorrow and make sure they only charge me for one, probably happened when the ordering process went to an error page instead of cofirming the order. But either way atleast one unlocked GSM on order!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    Holy christ! I just placed my order, and 5 minutes later, a knock at the door....

FEDEX WAS DELIVERING MY PHONE! THAT WAS FAST!!!!!!!!!!
    so, now fedex uses the transporter from startrek?
    So what are the possibilities it will be in Cingular stores tomorrow as is being predicted?
    I'm surprised at the price. $600 for unlocked is not bad. The Treo 600 went for $700 unlocked/$600 locked when it first came out.
    I'm SOOOO stoked they have the unlocked available.
    Last edited by taylorh; 02/02/2005 at 12:42 AM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I have confirmed that the cingular treo 650 is locked.
    Treoseur
    Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1
    I have confirmed that the cingular treo 650 is locked.
    how did you confirm this? another user stated that their T-Mobile and AT&T sims worked fine in the Cingular 650....
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast