Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does it shut off, but the radio stay on? Or does the screen blank to a screensaver? Or are there options for this? Or programs to change things around?

Thanks!

luke
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Every time your Treo goes idle, the Devil kills a kitten.

Seriously though, the screen goes blank, the radio stays on, and any app you were using when it went to sleep is there waiting for your return.

(Sorry about the first line; tough day at work. )
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    Every time a Treo sleeps an angel gets his wings...
    make sure you tie your treo somewhere before it sleeps or it turns into a beast.....kidding

well, it switches off its screen, radio stays on, waiting for a call or sms....
    Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    Every time a Treo sleeps an angel gets his wings...
    You probably meant "Every time a Treo is AWAKE - a PocketPC PDA or smartphone gets its wings."

Kill 'em all, one at a time...
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Mine downloads SETI data and crunches it when I get off calls. The other day it identified Jeff Hawkins' ranch as the originator of a repeating 32-digit string of nonnegative prime numbers.
    "Vger is that which seeks The Creator..."

Awesome 'do, Phildro.
  8.    #8  
    Is there a way to have a screensaver? Like just a VERY simple clock? Similar to some of the Nokia phones?

Luke
    It depends on what type of cam you put in it. If you put a real hot cam in it, it will lope instead of idle. You might need to adjust the carb to increase the idle speed.
  10.    #10  
    :{
    The radio stays on until you turn it off. The screen shuts off after x minutes of inactivity (you set the amount). On Sprint, if you don't connect to Vision after a while, it disconnects from Vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    It depends on what type of cam you put in it. If you put a real hot cam in it, it will lope instead of idle. You might need to adjust the carb to increase the idle speed.
    His Treo's got a Hemi. SWEEEEET!

But as for a screensaver, keep in mind that this is a well-backlit, color TFT screen, rather than a relatively low-power black & white LCD like on the Nokia or most older cell phones. Keeping the Treo screen lit consumes gobs (relatively speaking) of power, and this probably isn't something you'd want to do. Besides, where is it going to be most of the time, in your hand where you can watch and enjoy the screensaver (when you should be watching where you're walking or driving), or in your pocket or a case where you can't see the screen anyway?

If all you need to do is see what time it is, just press the green phone button. The screen comes on long enough for you to see it, and if you don't press the center 5-way button (unlocking the Keyguard), it goes right back off in maybe 3 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by davecombs
    If all you need to do is see what time it is, just press the green phone button. The screen comes on long enough for you to see it, and if you don't press the center 5-way button (unlocking the Keyguard), it goes right back off in maybe 3 seconds.
    I find it annoying that when I have the phoen plugged into the car charger and I am talking the screen dims to the point that I can't see it after about 30 seconds. I can see doing this when it is on battery power to conserve energy but if it is plugged in???
    If I remember correctly, the T300 did that too (dim even when power was connected). I don't know why.

Doesn't it seem like most of life's little annoyances would be solved if we were given a set of checkboxes or radio buttons?
    [ ] Do it this way
    [X] Do it that way

Some people would say this is overload, but I'd rather have the ability to make the choice rather than rely on a programmer or some focus group.
    Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    I find it annoying that when I have the phoen plugged into the car charger and I am talking the screen dims to the point that I can't see it after about 30 seconds. I can see doing this when it is on battery power to conserve energy but if it is plugged in???
    I'll leave it off thank you, ever try driving at night with one of those things shinning? Too bright!
    Treo 650 GSM
    I have the same problem. My phone is essentially my watch. Whenever I need to know what time it is, I want to be able to press 1 button, wake up the Treo for a few seconds, and display a big fat clock showing me the time and date. No password, no navigating through menus, only 1 button (preferrably the power button or the center 5-way button). The tiny time display on my Zlauncher or the phone keypad screen (green phone button) does not cut it for me. I have tried all kinds of clock and autolock apps combinations (Palmary Clock, Megaclock, PDA Defense, Teallock, Treoguard....) and I can't get what I want. I either have to enter a password, press several buttons, or the Treo comes back to the last screen used. I just want to see a big clock like Megaclock or Palmary clock whenever I wake up my Treo.
    Any ideas??
    Quote Originally Posted by naked
    Is there a way to have a screensaver? Like just a VERY simple clock? Similar to some of the Nokia phones?

Luke
    Try ScreenCare. I think you will like it.

Jeff

Download it here: ScreenCare Forum At TreoCentral
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger33
    I just want to see a big clock like Megaclock or Palmary clock whenever I wake up my Treo.
    Any ideas??
    Have you looked at Bob's Alarm and Bob's Popup/Launch?

A great combination for me... even when the screen has blanked and keyboard has locked I can still press a key I've assigned and a screen-full of clock appears for 3 seconds if I've released it or it stays on as long as I hold the button.

I've also got it configured to unlock Keyguard if I hold/tap the key I've assigned. Meanwhile all other keys are safely keylocked and protected against an accidental answer or outgoing call from my pocket...

Bob's Alarm and Bob's Popup/Launch are a synergeous combination...
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    I was going to answer in this vein. Something like, "it wastes gas and pollutes the air."

And do you own a classic Baraduca, by any chance?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    After much research, I found a good solution by using PalmaryClock Screensaver along with Screensaver Manager. Now I can see a big clock everytime I wake up my Treo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast