Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone used any of these patches and what did they exactly do for you. What were some of the improvements/changes you saw? Thanks
    David
  2. #2  
    I installed a Shadowmite Custom ROM (#5) that helped the sound quality and deleted a bunch of crap I didn't want. It also includes the DUN patch which enables dial up networking.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
  3.    #3  
    Oh ok. I now get how he has the website setup now. So it means the areas without the X's wouldnt be on the phone after installing that ROM. Thanks for the info!
    David
  4. #4  
    Correct. The process was seamless, and seemed to work fine. Not only that, I was able to install Sprint's Roaming fix that was released today with no issues whatsoever. Shadowmite does say that if the ROM is changed, the roaming patch will need to be reapplied.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
  5. #5  
    Same here.... Just installed Rom3 -- got rid of the junk I didn't use, went flawlessly -- just follow the directions step by step! Installed the new Roaming fix w/o issue.

    and oh yeah, the sound quality is a lot better! Sounds perfect now.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    ...and oh yeah, the sound quality is a lot better! Sounds perfect now.
    How dramatic was the improvement? How bad was it? I don't detect any sound problems with my 650.
  7. #7  
    My 650 doesnt have any problems either, I have been using mine for 2 weeks with no worries. But I am tempted to install a patch if it will recover some space. When you get rid of all the unecessary extras with Shadowmites ROM will it give you back extra unused space?

    Sprint PCS user since 1999

    -=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    How dramatic was the improvement? How bad was it? I don't detect any sound problems with my 650.
    It was a little -- I dunno hard to describe -- choppy..... But not like very bad totally breaking up choppy. It was still totally usable. Just kinda lower quality.

    Now it's fine -- sounds like any other good cellphone.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    My 650 doesnt have any problems either, I have been using mine for 2 weeks with no worries. But I am tempted to install a patch if it will recover some space. When you get rid of all the unecessary extras with Shadowmites ROM will it give you back extra unused space?
    Try having someone call you on a landline from your Treo to evaluate. The sound probs (if they exist) are on the phone of the person getting called by the treo. Not on the Treo itself (so you wouldn't notice).

    From what I understand, by getting rid of extra junk, you do not free up RAM. It's like theres a 24 meg ram partition and an 8 meg ROM partition, and they dont change size. You can remove everything from ROM, and still only have 24 meg of RAM available. They way to gain back some space is to make a custom ROM with some of the stuff you formerly had installed in RAM, so as to use up as close to the 8 megs as possible and free up some RAM.

    But this involves building a custom ROM yourself. There are instructions on shadowmite's site along with a thread with a list of programs people tested to work in ROM.

    confusing enough?
  10. #10  
    Question, it used to be a patch that list the call duration after the call. I installed it at one time and it was working and then I lost it somehow. what is it? is it the "Phone_SPCS+.prc"? if so I have installed one of the variation instead the "PhoneApp_SPCS_Arabic.prc", do you think this is the problem?
    Thanks, Sam
  11. #11  
    I have... Everyone I ask says I sound fine... LOL, they are all tired of me asking... I talk on my phone nonstop almost all day... In the car, out and about, at work surrounded by PCs and servers, and at home where I have a wireless wifi network... Everybody says I sound clear. Custom ROM seems nice enough but if it doesnt recover any space, I think I will wait on it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Try having someone call you on a landline from your Treo to evaluate. The sound probs (if they exist) are on the phone of the person getting called by the treo. Not on the Treo itself (so you wouldn't notice).

    From what I understand, by getting rid of extra junk, you do not free up RAM. It's like theres a 24 meg ram partition and an 8 meg ROM partition, and they dont change size. You can remove everything from ROM, and still only have 24 meg of RAM available. They way to gain back some space is to make a custom ROM with some of the stuff you formerly had installed in RAM, so as to use up as close to the 8 megs as possible and free up some RAM.

    But this involves building a custom ROM yourself. There are instructions on shadowmite's site along with a thread with a list of programs people tested to work in ROM.

    confusing enough?

    Sprint PCS user since 1999

    -=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    I have... Everyone I ask says I sound fine... LOL, they are all tired of me asking... I talk on my phone nonstop almost all day... In the car, out and about, at work surrounded by PCs and servers, and at home where I have a wireless wifi network... Everybody says I sound clear. Custom ROM seems nice enough but if it doesnt recover any space, I think I will wait on it...
    Then dont sweat the sound! Like I said, if you incorporate programs you installed into RAM in the custom ROM instead, they you dont need them in RAM, thus saving space.
  13. #13  
    Does the sound patch fix the volume issues?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by DDMTREO
    Does the sound patch fix the volume issues?
    If you mean BT volume...no
  15. iomatic's Avatar
    Posts
    629 Posts
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    #15  
    Am I correct in understanding that these are only for the Sprint-version Treo 650?

    Also, what's involved, exactly; there's talk of a serial cable on Shadowmite's site -- but is that a requirement?

    It the ROM installer only available via Mac/PC? Or is there a possibility of running off of SD for easy re-flash (now that would be cool)?

    The Cingular version has not been backed-up yet, correct?

    Thanks!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    Am I correct in understanding that these are only for the Sprint-version Treo 650?

    Also, what's involved, exactly; there's talk of a serial cable on Shadowmite's site -- but is that a requirement?

    It the ROM installer only available via Mac/PC? Or is there a possibility of running off of SD for easy re-flash (now that would be cool)?

    The Cingular version has not been backed-up yet, correct?

    Thanks!
    just curious...have you searched and read the instructions?
  17. iomatic's Avatar
    Posts
    629 Posts
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    #17  
    To some degree, yes.
  18. #18  
    you are correct...sprint cdma only

    no need for serial cable for rom update(you need it to verizonify your sprint phone)

    You can keep your rom on your sd card and install it from there. You have to install it from and sd card. You can use a pre existing rom from SM's site or create your own with the custom rom tool

    not sure what you mean by the cing version eing "backed up" . Shadowmite is working on unlocking the GSM 650 as we speak
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=72471


    "You must have a SD card reader/writer for your computer!

    1) Insert your SD card into the card reader
    2) Change the name of your palm folder if present to "bak" or anything other than palm
    3) Copy the "palm" and "rom" folders inside the zip file onto the root directory of your card
    4) IMPORTANT!!! Plug your device into the charger first. Hot sync if you haven't already. Remember, at the end of this, you'll have to hard reset your device, so you will lose everything on it.
    5) When you put the card in the SD slot, it should default to the "Card" applications menu.
    6) Tap the ROMUpdater app. It will take you to a screen with a lot of text.
    7) Type "rev cvt2" (no quotes). Hit the return key.
    8) Type "ace" (no quotes). Hit the return key.
    9) After the flash is complete, it will say, "PLEASE HARD RESET YOUR DEVICE". Here's how you do it:

    * Remove the battery cover and use the stylus to do a pin reset, located on the left side of the battery.
    * Quickly look at the LCD. You will see a bar moving from left to right. Before it reaches about midpoint on the bottom of the screen, press and hold down the RED phone button until you see the Palm logo.
    * When you see the Palm logo (the moving bar is gone), release the RED phone button. You will be prompted to press the up button to erase all of your data. Please do so.

    10) Follow the steps to recalibrate your touch screen.
    11) Re-sync your data and turn on your radio by pressing and holding the red phone button.
    12) Please delete the new folders you added and rename your palm folder back."


    from...


    http://shadowmite.com/roms.html
  19. #20  
    Oddly enough my BT functions declined severely after I installed the Rom #3 the day before yesterday... I am thinking of going back to the original ROM...

    Or maybe I should try to flash a different ROM? Can I do that? Or do I have to go back to original and then do the second ROM?

    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    If you mean BT volume...no
    Last edited by techprincesse; 02/09/2005 at 06:54 PM.

    Sprint PCS user since 1999

    -=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions