Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    All the Palm OS PDAs I've owned have NOT allowed first, last unless I added some sort of software to do so. This is not a change (removal of functionality.) This is the way it has ALWAYS been.
    All of the previous Palm OS based PDAs I have owned, Treo 180, Treo270 and Treo 600 most definately allow you to display/list, in the order of First Name and then Last Name. By the way this is without adding any software. I wonder if you guys have checked the 'List by' Option under Contact View Preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    All of the previous Palm OS based PDAs I have owned, Treo 180, Treo270 and Treo 600 most definately allow you to display/list, in the order of First Name and then Last Name. By the way this is without adding any software. I wonder if you guys have checked the 'List by' Option under Contact View Preferences.
    Of course we did, that's the only place to check for that. I think the only way to explain this difference is based on region. Maybe your location has something to do with it.

Edit: Anybody got one of these older Palms around to snap a shot of the screen where this is an option?
    Last edited by Geckotek; 02/04/2005 at 06:02 AM.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Of course we did, that's the only place to check for that. I think the only way to explain this difference is based on region. Maybe your location has something to do with it.
    I think this is a Palm vs. Handspring issue. All the devices listed as providing first name / last name capability are Handspring devices. My 600 definitely offers this. It does NOT, however, offer a company name sort.

It would be nice to have all three, but that seems to be beyond the poor little OS's capabilities.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    My VerizonWireless PalmOne Treo 600 offers First/Last or Last/First under contacts/prederences/list or view. Anywaay it is definitely there.
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I think this is a Palm vs. Handspring issue. All the devices listed as providing first name / last name capability are Handspring devices. My 600 definitely offers this. It does NOT, however, offer a company name sort.

It would be nice to have all three, but that seems to be beyond the poor little OS's capabilities.
    Good observation. I was thinking "Treo" related, but that would have been ALMOST true. Handspring seems to have hit the nail right on the head.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com

Edit: Anybody got one of these older Palms around to snap a shot of the screen where this is an option?
    I don't think it is a regional thing, simply because all the Treo's I have had were bought in the US. With the memory issues and then the price increase for the GSM Treo 650 and now upon discovering the stupidity of PalmOne for not allowing Listing by First Name, Last Name I am more and more inclined not to switch to the Treo 650.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12