Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Check this out:
    http://www.cingular.com/treo650

Only $399 after $50 mail in rebate.

However, when I try to order I get a "null" error page. Looks like we must be real close now to the official release...
    Good work....!
    Quote Originally Posted by noahs
    Check this out:
    http://www.cingular.com/treo650

Only $399 after $50 mail in rebate.

However, when I try to order I get a "null" error page. Looks like we must be real close now to the official release...
    Last edited by specimen38; 02/01/2005 at 06:50 PM.
  3. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Note from the URL: phonesku=63437

http://www.cingular.com/goto_estore_...phonesku=63437
    this is so gonna happen tomorrow, i know it...
    May I briefly hijack this thread? Is the $79.99 plan the only way to get unlimited data on your Cingular Treos? I'm asking because I'd like to switch from Sprint to Cingular but that price is off the chain. Thanks for any help!
    you can get one of two plans with cingular media works (dial-up speed) is $19.99/month, cingular's EDGE service (DSL speed) is $79.99

Like I've been saying for a couple of days now it will be avalible on the 3rd, delayed 1 week from the original release date the 28th.
    Damn, the release is getting real close...
    WOO HOO! I have called multiple times today and they all still say Thursday.

::::crossing fingers for tomorrow::::::
    I thought media works was also edge? that was the impression I got from previous posts that I have read.
    Hi All,

Is this release everyone is talkign about for ONLY B2B customers, or for the general public?? - I went and got a new phone today, (got a 600 on the reccomendation of some friends) - but now I'm discovering the 650 is out soon. I know I've got 30 days to upgrade / return whatever, but I'd like to know if I need to ride my local orange store to get me on some waiting list so I don't get screwed into keeping the 600 (which is a nice handheld, but the camera and screen kinda suck by modern standards)..

Thanks!! (and great, very informative forum)

- G
    Quote Originally Posted by calvins
    I thought media works was also edge? that was the impression I got from previous posts that I have read.

mediaworks is edge
  12. rg1
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1R
    you can get one of two plans with cingular media works (dial-up speed) is $19.99/month, cingular's EDGE service (DSL speed) is $79.99

Like I've been saying for a couple of days now it will be avalible on the 3rd, delayed 1 week from the original release date the 28th.
    For $19.99 (media works) you have EDGE access.
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1R

There is a $44.99 unlimited data plan for phone/pdas like the Treo 600/650 from Cingular as well, but as long as you can get a CSR to add mediaworks to the line with your Treo on it then you should do that instead.
    So Sprint unlimited is $15 and Cingular is $44.99? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisutley

Well .... MediaWorks is $19.99 ... so only $5 more really. Most people have been able to add MediaWorks Unlimited internet to their PDA phones with not a whole lot of problems, but technically if you do it the "right" way, then yes, you are correct.
    Media works IS NOT the same as EDGE service. Media works (AKA GPRS) speed is aproxamatly the same as dialup. EDGE service 79.99 a month is nearly as fast as DSL. There is huge difference in speed and price.

As for people being signed up for this bogus 44.99 data plan, cingular is doing one of two things one is charging users who agree to it way to much for GPRS service or they are selling EDGE data plans that have transfer limits. The latter of which is more likely since they make a ton of money when you go over your data plan just like when you go over you minutes.
    um your wrong, no matter what data plan you have if your online with the treo it should be edge because it is an edge phone. The 79.99 plan is for a PC card in your laptop.

And besides the fact edge is no where near as fast as dsl.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiralEx
    Well .... MediaWorks is $19.99 ... so only $5 more really. Most people have been able to add MediaWorks Unlimited internet to their PDA phones with not a whole lot of problems, but technically if you do it the "right" way, then yes, you are correct.
    Also keep in mind MediaWorks also includes 1500 SMS messages and 200 MMS messages a month, plus unlimited GPRS and EDGE. It's quite a package.
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    It's quite a package.
    but there is no way you can get MW on the 650 unless you have a clueless sales person or you trick them. Cingular in fact told Treocentral that they would like them not to sell the 19.99 plan with the 600 even.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisutley
    No, as you have been reading. Unlimited is $19.95
    Straight from Cingular today:
    "MEdia Works is full internet, Media works is full Edge.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast