Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Ordered mine last night on the web site (Cingular Orange). Shipped today. FedEx says it should be here by 3pm tomorrow. Woo-hoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by noahs
    Ordered mine last night on the web site (Cingular Orange). Shipped today. FedEx says it should be here by 3pm tomorrow. Woo-hoo!
    Did you get a data plan?
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Did you get a data plan?
    Yes, I got the $19.99 MediaWorks. It shows up as available to add in the SF Bay Area market. It may not in other markets.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahs
    Yes, I got the $19.99 MediaWorks. It shows up as available to add in the SF Bay Area market. It may not in other markets.
    Awesome! I ordered mine this morning, but it now shows as backordered.
    HE he, just checked - it shipped same day, will be here tomorrow. Yeehawwww!
    So i have to wait to maybe next wednesday to buy my Treo 650.
    I called up ATTWireless and they say its online but no on their computers so i still can't buy it. Whats up with that it just sucks.

All you guys ordering it and i still have to wait, at this rate i probably will not see it till march.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    My best guess today, CG, is that MW works as you claim and that as a long-time Cingular user you can use it on any device you have or get, and if that device has Edge, it will work. If, on the other hand, you're new to Cingular and get a communicator-type device, you'll have to pay full rate. Again, that's my best guess for reconciling the various opinions and reports we've read here for several weeks. When Cingular announced the MW deal, they said it would be available until the end of 2004, but it's evidently still available. In any event, for now it's a moot question for me as I've decided to pass on the SX 66 and Cingular's 650.
    I was in the Cingular store in Santa Monica today. I asked the manager if they had any 650s. "Yes" Could I activate it with Media Works for 19.99, right here in the store? No bullsh!t, shenanigans, or "pretending I don't have a Treo?" "Nope. I'll activate right here in the store." "And that includes full access to the edge network? "Yup." She then showed me their new media plans pamphlet. She pointed out that in the small print, under MediaWorks, it specifically stated it was not available with RIM devices. No other device, or class of device is barred. She said she was having no trouble activating MediaWorks for Treos when she called into the mothership. In fact, she had done so, several times, that day.
    well thats good news
    Thats funny, I went to the store to buy my Treo today and the media works option was not available; thats what the rep said. So I got the phone, voice plan 59.99 850 min rollover, 39.99 unlimited data plan, 7.00 early nights and weekends, and then I top it off with 7.99 media basic plan..I might of got robbed, but I really wanted the phone. The rep told me that media works stopped in December 04, maybe I got screwed. I'm just glad I finally have the 650 in my hands.
    Does anyone know of any sites to get games or downloadable programs for the phone?
    What about the rumur that Palm One will send you a Memory Card for free(anyone else heard this)
    Last edited by sugarman702; 02/03/2005 at 10:13 PM.
    when you order from the website, do they include the price of the phone on your first bill or do they charge you right away?
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarman702
    voice plan 59.99 850 min rollover, 39.99 unlimited data plan, 7.00 early nights and weekends, and then I top it off with 7.99 media basic plan..I might of got robbed,
    getting an unlimited data plan AND a 7.99 media basic plan makes no sense at all!
    I just want to point out that if you order from the treo central store the 19.99 data plan is available with the 650 and the phone is $50 cheaper than P1ís.
    Quote Originally Posted by wysmar
    I just want to point out that if you order from the treo central store the 19.99 data plan is available with the 650 and the phone is $50 cheaper than P1ís.
    On the other hand, TreoCentral requires a longer contract and has a larger penalty if you break it. I decided it was worth $50 to me to have the added flexibility.
    how much is the penalty for breaking contract through TreoCentral?
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarman702
    39.99 unlimited data plan... ...and then I top it off with 7.99 media basic plan..I might of got robbed...
    No might about it! You're paying twice for the same service. You don't need unlimited data and limited data on the same phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana Nau
    On the other hand, TreoCentral requires a longer contract and has a larger penalty if you break it. I decided it was worth $50 to me to have the added flexibility.
    Oops - what I meant was that TreoCentral wants a longer contract and larger than what's available on PalmOne's web site. I was a bit too sleepy last night to realize people were discussing Cingular's web site; I've got to stop reading these sites at 1am!
    I THINK media basic includes SMS and the $39.99 plan doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    No might about it! You're paying twice for the same service. You don't need unlimited data and limited data on the same phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I THINK media basic includes SMS and the $39.99 plan doesn't.
    I wonder if this whole data plan thing is a deliberate fiasco, or just incompetance on Cingular's part? How can they have a $20 unlimited plan that includes SMS, and a $40 unlimited plan that does not include SMS?

I think Cingular management needs to be drug tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    I wonder if this whole data plan thing is a deliberate fiasco, or just incompetance on Cingular's part? How can they have a $20 unlimited plan that includes SMS, and a $40 unlimited plan that does not include SMS?

I think Cingular management needs to be drug tested!
    Maybe they need an IQ test! I think what that $40 plan is all about is an attempt to combine the low price of Mediaworks with the functionality of their Laptop Connect plans. Laptop Connect is $80 unlimited, and is for use with a PC card only. With a plan like that, you would use your email, IM and other apps from your laptop normally like you always do, which is why they probably don't include and SMS/MMS, etc. So some genius may have figured "lets cut that plan in half and offer it to Treo users", thinking that Treo users wouldn't use it as much as a laptop user. That is also why they disabled DUN. That would show a complete lack of understanding of user's needs.
    The 19.99 Media Works plan I see on their website is not unlimited. It only offers 3 MB of internet access. Is this something they just changed or am I looking in the wrong place?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast