Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    Just tell them that the 600 isn't really what you need. That you really enjoyed using your BT headset when you had your sony ericsson t68i. The freedom that only the 650 w/BT could give you. And if they give you any problems just tell them you want to cancel. No business wants to lose a customer.

tell that to nextel
    its on the cingular site !

and of course you cant even select an unlimited data plan for it. I swear to god they are making it confusing on purpose.
    rebate is OLD tho. whatup w/ that?
    it shows how "on the ball" they are, especially since the rebate requires a data plan you can't even select on the site. They are dumb on purpose. Come on amazon your next!
    yea...I keep ordering everywhere they come up hehehe...the price keeps dropping!
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I have been and I have been posted as an actual user several times, and yes MEdia works is unlimited full internet and with Cingular Internet = EDGE on compatible phones. I hate to have to repeat this endlessly. And yes I bought another phone today, a 650.
    My best guess today, CG, is that MW works as you claim and that as a long-time Cingular user you can use it on any device you have or get, and if that device has Edge, it will work. If, on the other hand, you're new to Cingular and get a communicator-type device, you'll have to pay full rate. Again, that's my best guess for reconciling the various opinions and reports we've read here for several weeks. When Cingular announced the MW deal, they said it would be available until the end of 2004, but it's evidently still available. In any event, for now it's a moot question for me as I've decided to pass on the SX 66 and Cingular's 650.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    EDGE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhance...obal_Evolution

GPRS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPRS

UMTS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UMTS

Read the manual for your phone. I have MEdia Works unlimited from Cingular and I use it with my Nokia 6820. The 6820 itself is limited to 116Kbps or so, even though it is an EDGE phone. There are two data icons that appear when using data access on the phone: one is a G, and the other is a G inside of a box. The G in a box stands for Enhanced GPRS (EDGE). When I use data service on the phone, I see the EDGE icon on the phone. Same with using data service via Bluetooth with my laptop (not dialing up). I do not get billed extra for any data usage via EDGE.
    Im so tired of Cingular and the gimmick their playing with the data plan for the Treo 650... I had two different business reps tell me that you have to get the 49.99 unlimited data plan, and that media works would not work with the Treo 650. If thats true why is Media Works the only thing being offered with the Treo right now..Can anyone explain this to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    rebate is OLD tho. whatup w/ that?
    I dont know whats up with that
    Got tired of waiting went to Cingular Orange Store today and got last one they had. They got 5 today. Yes!

No Data Plan, moved sim. YES have EDGE speeds, just over 100kbs. 100 - 107 at home.
    So I've been debating if I should go to a Cingular store or order via P1's site. I don't want to get forced into having to pay 39.99 for the PDA plan and it seems like P1 is taking orders with the Mediaworks plan.

I know this has been discussed at length but I'm wondering if this confusion is put in place on purpose or if Cingular is just incompetent.
    Just talked to a cingular rep and was told that the media works pakage would not work. You will have to get a data plan for the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Got tired of waiting went to Cingular Orange Store today and got last one they had. They got 5 today. Yes!

Ok I'm trying to keep it all straight now.. Orange is a Wireless provider in europe, But in the U.S. Cingular is Orange & AT&T is Blue If all This is true Why is My New Cingular 650 Blue!!

Disclaimer:
    Not a Real Question , Just Posted for Entertainment value to relieve the tension of waiting For VC gsm Phones..
    They say "it won't work" because that is what they are SUPPOSED TO SELL you with the phone. Since that's what their computer says, they assume incorrectly the MW won't work. What they should say is "we are only allowed to sell the $45 (or whatever) plan with the treo ...".

If you are starting as a new customer the only option is to find a store (or phone rep) that doesn't know better or will sell it without data and you can add it online. Obvioulsy others here have proven them incorrect, it does work. TECHNICALLY (regardless of what others including myself are getting or doing or have done) they are doing only what they have been told to do - as stupid as it is. Problem is, the information hasn't got to them all yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarman702
    Just talked to a cingular rep and was told that the media works pakage would not work. You will have to get a data plan for the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    They say "it won't work" because that is what they are SUPPOSED TO SELL you with the phone. Since that's what their computer says, they assume incorrectly the MW won't work. What they should say is "we are only allowed to sell the $45 (or whatever) plan with the treo ...".

If you are starting as a new customer the only option is to find a store (or phone rep) that doesn't know better or will sell it without data and you can add it online. Obvioulsy others here have proven them incorrect, it does work. TECHNICALLY (regardless of what others including myself are getting or doing or have done) they are doing only what they have been told to do - as stupid as it is. Problem is, the information hasn't got to them all yet.
    This whole thing makes me want to stay with Verizon.. as crazy as that sounds
    The Treo 650 on the Cingular web site offers Media Works ($20) as an option. Select the Treo 650 and go through the order process (pick a plan) and Media works is one of the only data options.
    So Call Cingular and have them add it to your plan. If they say it's not available for Treo, tell them that it's available on the web site for new purchases so and ask them to add it. If they say MW is not available on Treos or PDAs, tell them that they must have "old outdated information" because the PalmOne.com web site and Cingular.com web site both offer Media Works unlimited ($20) as the only data plan for the Treo 650.
    I've posted this on like 10 other threads so I appologize. But this topic comes up on almost every thread.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarman702
    Then they better fix their own website quick cause I ordered a 650 from their website this morning, and the ONLY option was to add Mediaworks in any of its flavors. I added the unlimited Mediaworks and got my confirmation email.
    Obviously there website is in a constant state of flux (remove the "l"). In 07036 ZIP as of 10 seconds ago not only was the ONLY unlimited data plan $79.99 but you can't put the phone on a FAMILY plan, only a single plan. Either it's market related or just totally fsucked up.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...0&postcount=17

Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Then they better fix their own website quick cause I ordered a 650 from their website this morning, and the ONLY option was to add Mediaworks in any of its flavors. I added the unlimited Mediaworks and got my confirmation email.
  19.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Obviously there website is in a constant state of flux (remove the "l"). In 07036 ZIP as of 10 seconds ago not only was the ONLY unlimited data plan $79.99 but you can't put the phone on a FAMILY plan, only a single plan. Either it's market related or just totally fsucked up.
    Yeah, the web site is screwy. Some markets let you add it to any plans (e.g. SF Bay Area), while others (e.g. New England) don't let you add it to a family plan. I'm not sure whether that's intentional or not.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast