1.    #1  
    I have SailingClicker that will control iTunes, iPhoto, Keynote etc. Several app's out that I would like, but want work, like BluePhoneElite, Jon's Phone Tool and others that connect to the phone for dialing and sms. Any app's available like this for the Treo 650 ????
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    The issue is not that Bluetooth apps like these are not built for the Treo 650, it’s that PalmOne and PalmSource do not allow the devices to use this technology like all the other phone manufacturers do.

<insert b!tch list here>

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers let you regain control of your computer when the screensaver kicks in... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers can pause iTunes when the phone rings using the Salling Clicker... or adjust the volume, or pause any DVD player, etc., etc., etc... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers have proximity detection (and this leads to a whole other list)... but not Palm.
    Using proximity detection to provide for or enhance security by pairing Treo with desktop machine or laptop

Like sensing when you are about to walk in the door and automatically turn on the lights

etc, etc, etc...

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers let the Bluetooth phone perform event triggering... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers let you send and receive SMS messages through your phone using Address Book (and even breaking that 160 character limit by doing it through Address Book)... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers let you dial a Bluetooth phone through the Mac OS X Address Book... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers let Mac OS X use your Bluetooth phone to dial and send faxes... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers let the Bluetooth phone send caller ID info to the computer and display it on screen... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers let you answer, talk and listen to the Bluetooth phone via you computer... but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers can communicate with the Samsonite Hardlite series of cases that have Bluetooth for anti-theft technology (notifying me if case is removed or tampered with) and can exchange information back and forth like suitcase/briefcase proximity, flight information, connections, personal information… but not Palm.

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers can print to Bluetooth printers like a Brother MW-100, HP Bluetooth 995c, Si-Pix Pocket Printer, a Pentax PocketJet 200, or any other version or manufacturer apparently… but not Palm.

Some Bluetooth phone manufacturers even let the Mac do the connecting to the phone and see the files on the handset or memory card that you may want to download to the desktop or laptop… but not Palm.
    So...which manufacturers will let you do all of these things in a form factor that is similar to the Treo? Cuz I want one!
    Quote Originally Posted by archie

<insert b!tch list here>

Other Bluetooth phone manufacturers blablablablabla, blablablawhinemoanblablabla. Blablabla… but not Palm.
    I know I'm not the only one who has seen your noisy list of gripes before. You should post it to a clever web site and just link to it from now on. It'll keep the useless garbage out of the way when I run a search for something helpful. While you work on that, why don't you send me your treo? I'll go return it to Sprint for you and you can have my boss's old t68i. It works with proximity detection! PM me for my office address. Toodles!
    Quote Originally Posted by thornrag
    I know I'm not the only one who has seen your noisy list of gripes before. You should post it to a clever web site and just link to it from now on. It'll keep the useless garbage out of the way when I run a search for something helpful. While you work on that, why don't you send me your treo? I'll go return it to Sprint for you and you can have my boss's old t68i. It works with proximity detection! PM me for my office address. Toodles!
    Maybe I should make it my signature.

I'm glad someone has taken notice; I just wish Palm would now.

When a product is advertised as a Bluetooth device, there is an automatic expectation of a certain amount of functionality. Palm does nothing to fulfill this. I am disappointed to see so many Palm users as indifferent and unconcerned about this issue as they seem. Palm, consequently, sees their marginal incorporation of Bluetooth as adequate and even useable.

PS: I am not using Sprint.
    Archie
    Please answer the question,"So...which manufacturers will let you do all of these things in a form factor that is similar to the Treo? Cuz I want one!" I am a newbie to the PDA/Palm world and would really appreciate the info.

Thanks