Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    get it here

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/treo/treo650sprint/

its only 4kb so I doubt it has much else?
    Last edited by brucebruce; 02/01/2005 at 06:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I just installed it. Very straightforward. I guess we will all discover if this works soon enough.

I had hoped for a more comprehensive patch that covered more things, specifically the sound issue that so many are having. Oh well, at least it's a start.
  3.    #3  
    yea i was hoping for a bigger patch as well. Since apparently the GSM versions are already patched.
    Quote Originally Posted by brucebruce
    OK - maybe it wasnt in cell company days....

Beware - the updater hung for me at the end of the process.

The update does not appear to have hosed anything yet.
    Anyone with a custom ROM tried this yet?
    I just did with one of shadowmite's roms. no problem what so ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    Anyone with a custom ROM tried this yet?
    Yep, works fine.
    Schweeeeet. Thanks.
    Hmm, seems to write to the cellcard firmware I think. If you ever flash back to the original or install the sound update this needs to be done again. just flashing the rom (if you already have a custom one) won't get rid of this.
    so...what exactly does this patch do & is it really needed?. I never or plan to roam. have u dissected it yet shadowmite?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Most people dont "plan" on roaming, but it's nice to have if you need it. Let's hope it plays nice with everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    so...what exactly does this patch do & is it really needed?. I never or plan to roam. have u dissected it yet shadowmite?

well the bug was when the phone began to roam it would sometimes drop any call you tried to make while attempting to switch back to the sprint network. They fixed that (so they say)
    Has anyone here had any problems making or receiving calls while roaming? I don't think I've ever "roamed" yet so I dunno if I have this problem or not. Curious to know how many of you guys have this issue.
    Shadowmite: So lemme get it straight. If I have one of your custom ROMs installed and have applied the sound patch, I should be able to run the roaming patch without having to redo anything else?
    Yes, I most definitely had the problem this patch purports to fix. When I was in a Sprint low-signal area, I often was totally unable to make calls because the phone kept switching back and forth between roaming and the Sprint network.
    Should we download and install this patch if we never had the problem? I have yet to roal on my Treo, but then again I havent been anywhere since I got it 2 weeks ago...

And basically I only travel between the tri state (DC, MD, VA) area and Miami, FL (among other major metropolitan cities) which always have awesome sprint coverage. Anyone know?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Should we download and install this patch if we never had the problem? I have yet to roal on my Treo, but then again I havent been anywhere since I got it 2 weeks ago...

And basically I only travel between the tri state (DC, MD, VA) area and Miami, FL (among other major metropolitan cities) which always have awesome sprint coverage. Anyone know?
    If it ain't broke... don't fix it.
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...0_roaming.html

Sprint PCS Treo 650 Roaming Patch

Posted February 1, 2005

The Sprint PCS Treo 650 Roaming Patch fixes an issue with Treo 650 smartphones roaming on Sprint Affiliate roaming partner networks. If you have trouble making or receiving calls while roaming, this patch may help you.

What does this patch fix?

This patch changes an internal setting in your smartphone to allow correct access to Sprint Affiliate roaming partner networks. Install and run this patch if you observe the following behavior:

* In Phone Preferences, you have checked the box for Enable Digital Roaming
    * You leave Sprint PCS coverage
    * "No Service" may appear briefly at the top of the phone screen as you leave coverage
    * Eventually, "Roaming" appears at the top of the phone screen, indicating that you are connected to a Sprint Affiliate roaming partner network
    * Although your phone appears to be roaming on a network, you can't make or receive phone calls
    * When you try to make a call, the screen says "Connecting" for a few seconds, then reverts to the dial pad or main phone screen
    * After you return to Sprint PCS coverage, full phone service returns, and you can make and receive phone calls

In some areas, you may be able to make and receive calls successfully while roaming. This is because the roaming issue is related to Sprint preferred roaming partners only. If you have ever observed the behavior described above, you need this patch.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Damn...and here I was going for the...oh hell...nevermind. I didn't see that one. Okie Dokie then
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast