Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've definitely had this problem, but i assumed it was because my roaming access got shut off - but the symptoms described are exactly what i have encountered. Sweet.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Here's something interesting. My bluetooth headset seems to be louder. I don't need to press the mute button to get the sound louder. Anybody else experience this?
    Take a close look at the license/warranty language that you agree to by dowloading the patch.

It is very similar to the language you got with the 650 BUT it adds specfic sections prohibiting making more than one copy or distributing copies. It also specifically prohibits reverse engeeniering, diassembling, or modifying the patch.

Looks like a Shadowmitw pre-emptive strike to me!
    Last edited by midmofan; 02/02/2005 at 06:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Hmm, seems to write to the cellcard firmware I think. If you ever flash back to the original or install the sound update this needs to be done again. just flashing the rom (if you already have a custom one) won't get rid of this.

double check.

Can we run this without going back to the original default sprint patch?
    or can we use this patch even though we have the Shawow Patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    double check.

Can we run this without going back to the original default sprint patch?
    or can we use this patch even though we have the Shawow Patch?
    You can install just fine with a custom ROM. No problems here.
    What about "Verizonized" T650s? Do we even need it?
    Following Palm One's indtructions on how to delete the file after it is installed, it says "In the Backup folder, locate the file Roaming_SO_Updater.prc. Delete this file."

In my backup folder on my pc I don't have a file with this name...I DO have a file named CDMAFirmwarepatch.prc; is this the same thing?
    "Following Palm One's indtructions on how to delete the file after it is installed, it says "In the Backup folder, locate the file Roaming_SO_Updater.prc. Delete this file."

In my backup folder on my pc I don't have a file with this name...I DO have a file named CDMAFirmwarepatch.prc; is this the same thing?"

I have the same question.

Also, my 650 reset for the first time since I got it a few weeks ago just after I installed the patch. Any clues why?
    I accidently ran the patch twice...do you think I hosed anything? Everything appears to be working fine so far.
    I, too, am VERY curious to know if anyone else experienced this behavior after installing this patch... Can the people who have already installed it test it out and report back?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuru
    Here's something interesting. My bluetooth headset seems to be louder. I don't need to press the mute button to get the sound louder. Anybody else experience this?
    Last edited by techprincesse; 02/02/2005 at 08:53 AM.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    I, too am VERY curious to know if anyone else experienced this behavior after installing this patch... Can the people who have already installed it test it out and report back?
    Using the HBH-660 and there is NO volume difference after installing the roaming patch (I did not use the bluetooth mute function before, the HBH-660 with eargel is loud enough).

Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat
    Following Palm One's indtructions on how to delete the file after it is installed, it says "In the Backup folder, locate the file Roaming_SO_Updater.prc. Delete this file."

In my backup folder on my pc I don't have a file with this name...I DO have a file named CDMAFirmwarepatch.prc; is this the same thing?
    Use delete from the menu (not Filez or whatever else) and delete the Roaming_SO_Updater.prc (icon)... Not sure what P1 means with backup folder...
    my Bluetooth is louder too.

What Palm means in the Backup folder is in your main palm folder on your PC find your user name folder in that folder is a folder named backup. My folder has the same thing no Roaming_SO-Updater.prc but CDMAFirmwarepatc.prc I haven't deleted it yet and phone seems to be working fine.
    Could be pure coincidence, but my Vision didn't drop last night. Recently, my vision would turn off at night and I would have to reconnect in the morning. This would also happen during periods of inactivity during the day.

Last night, after installing the patch, I was awoken twice due to a new mail coming in from BizConn, and vision was still on in the morning. We'll see if it holds up.
    My observations:

Deleted CDMAFirmwarepatch.prc on the device and in backup folder. No issues.
    Have a usable signal (roaming) at my house now (new).
    Did not experience a reset.
    Still need BTMute (although it might be slightly louder now).
    Last edited by Ohmster; 02/02/2005 at 10:52 AM.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    thanks for the update and the explanation
    The patch file should only be in your backup folder on your PC if during your hotsync you also ran a backup. Since the backup is ran at the end of a hotsync, you would have the patch file backed up as well. I use a program called GoSync which lets me only hotsync what I choose to do.

I have had the patch on since late afternoon yesterday and have not had any problems. I am also using one of Shadowmites custom ROM's.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuru
    I noticed the same thing today with my Jabra 250 after installing the patch last night.
    My BT is louder too! Scala 500
    I installed the patch and didn't have any change in the BT volume (scala 500). I have the Btmute patch but disabled it to test. Oh well.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Okay I am installing it... Can't hurt. I havent roamed yet but as soon as the weather warms up I am roadtripping to a few places anyway. So far the result here is better or nothing. As long as the result isnt WORSE I have nothing to lose.

And I'm using the Scala 500 which is louder then the original earpiece! yay!

Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    My BT is louder too! Scala 500

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast