Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    All -

I've been chatting back and forth with Marc, trying to get a problem that I'm having with Chatter resolved. We can't seem to figure it out, and I was hoping someone else is seeing the same problem and can shed some light. Here it is:

If I reply to a message that was sent to me in HTML or RTF format, such as from Exchange Server/Outlook, and especially if that message I'm replying to or forwarding has a string of replies/forwards, the formatting becomes lost in the body of the message on my T600, making it impossible to see the headers, new paragraphs, etc. In other words, all of the characters become bunched together into one long block paragraph. I am pasting an example below:

-----Original Message-----

5:11 PM To: 'Marc Blank' Subject: RE: Marc, Try this one -- Do me a favor, and reply to this message to me from your Treo. From: Marc Blank
    [mailto:mblank@xsmail.com] Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005
    1:05 PM To: Joe Samuel Subject: RE: Marc, Try this one -- Weird  when I forwarded this to myself on the Treo, it looked fine (except for some header information at the bottom  have to figure out what that is&) Marc From: Joe Samuel Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005
    9:44 AM To: Marc Blank Subject: FW: Marc, Try this one -- OK  I just tried this one on chatter, and the formatting got screwed up towards the bottom. Try replying form Chatter and see what happens on your end. From: Joe Samuel Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005
    12:41 PM Subject: FW: Automated expense report From: Brian Tucei Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005
    2:34 PM To: Joe Samuel Subject: Automated expense report If you could separate the dates within your CSV file into specific row ranges (i.e. 11/1 is rows 1-10, 11/2 is rows 11-20, etc.), you can use something like & =SUMIF($C$1:$C$10,'Lunch",$H$1:$H$10) And do the same for Dinner,
    Mileage, etc. Wuddya think? From: Joe Samuel Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005
    11:05 AM To: Brian Tucei Subject: --
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    anyone?
    I would say that it has to do with microsofts horrible HTML. Outlook uses Word as the email editor. try it out, Write a document in word, then save as HTML. Open it in a text editor... HTML only a computer could love!!!

that wouldn't explain the reply/forward issue. Hmmm, Wrong charset? (UTF-8, Unicode, ISO?). Marc, what charset is Chatter using? Try selecting that when you view the message in Outlook...
    7-bit for text. This is really odd; I've been working with Joe on this for a while, and I can't reproduce it.

Marc