1.    #1  
    i am considering ordering OmniRemote Pro to use my 650 as a remote... has anyone tried this program or another remote program with their 650? not sure of compatibility and/or how good it is.
    thanks.
    I was never able to get that app to work.
    When I had a demo 650, I tried out NoviiRemote (I use this app on my T3 quite a bit). The app works fine on the 650, but the Treo 650's IR port is too weak to drive anything without being within a few feet of it, making it pretty useless as a "remote" control. Makes sense, since the Palm IR functions are meant for syncing and beaming between devices in close proximity. But it's definitely lower power on the 650 than on my T3, probably as a battery-saving measure.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    When I had a demo 650, I tried out NoviiRemote (I use this app on my T3 quite a bit). The app works fine on the 650, but the Treo 650's IR port is too weak to drive anything without being within a few feet of it, making it pretty useless as a "remote" control. Makes sense, since the Palm IR functions are meant for syncing and beaming between devices in close proximity. But it's definitely lower power on the 650 than on my T3, probably as a battery-saving measure.
    From there website, a SDIO card that boosts the IR functionality is "in the works". But I have no idea how long this has been the case. It would be awesome to be able to use my 650 (coming soon) as my personal magic wand in my apartment
    Hi,

if you want to control your home entertainment...do it properly from the start. Get TVedia (www.8dim.com) and turn your PC in a full blown home entertainment system. You can then control it via the build in web sites (via WLAN, Bluetooth or web connection).

Laugh at TiVo and enjoy a really great system!

(BTW, I am not connected to the makers of TVedia at all).

Julian
    Business Case for the Treo 650?
    - Cam-Phone, PDA, MP3 player, GPS navigation, Remote Control for my Home Entertainment (TVedia), VoIP-Phone, USB Stick
    I thought about the remote control feature the other day. I was wondering the same thing. You know go to bars and change the channels at will.
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo
    Laugh at TiVo and enjoy a really great system!

(BTW, I am not connected to the makers of TVedia at all).

Julian
    The hell you say! What ever happened to .. do one thing, do it very well.???

You can grab my tivo from my death grip.
    Yeah, the Treo's IR is soo weak that it's practically useless for anything besides beaming contacts etc. I really wish PalmOne had used a CIR in the Treo similar to Sony's Clie line and many PPC's....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Word. Hell, my Visor Deluxe could control my TV from across the room. I tried OmniRemote on my 300, and I was lucky to make it about 4' from the TV before it stopped working.
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro