1.    #1  
    Hey all. I just dropped by the PalmOne store at Valley Fair mall in San Jose, CA. The word is that they'll have them at the end of the week (Feb 4th-ish.). He couldn't give me a specific day but this seems to cooincide with the Cingular Feb 3 date.
    The have a (3 page) "call me when available" list and got on the list for a GSM generic unlocked.
    Keep an eye on that P1 site, I think you'll see it there by week's end.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Man, I REALLY, REALLY hope the info you got is correct. I called the palmOne retail stores in Boston, MA and they said they haven't been given a specific date but are guessing sometime by mid-February.

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on the palmOne website and calling the retail stores on 2/3 & 2/4...& 2/5...lol.
    Are you sure it's the unbranded unlocked and not the Cingular? What about pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Hey all. I just dropped by the PalmOne store at Valley Fair mall in San Jose, CA. The word is that they'll have them at the end of the week (Feb 4th-ish.). He couldn't give me a specific day but this seems to cooincide with the Cingular Feb 3 date.
    The have a (3 page) "call me when available" list and got on the list for a GSM generic unlocked.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Are you sure it's the unbranded unlocked and not the Cingular? What about pricing?
    Good question. When I called the palmOne retail store and asked, "When will the GSM version be released?" They told me, "Well, Cingular should be releasing it soon." I realized, I was assuming all palmOne store employees would assume people are calling them to get an unlocked/unbranded version. So, long story to my point: if taylorh wasn't specific about the unlocked version, the employee might have given him the date for the Cingular release.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    He said they expect to have GSM generic unlocked as well as AT&T and Cingular (all 3,) but I admit he didn't seem to know specifically anything except that they were getting them "at the end of the week." Not how many of which when or anything, so there is some uncertainty to this news. I appologize for posting when my info isn't definate, I hadn't thought it through. I just got really excited because on Friday last week they didn't have a clue and today he said definately by the end of the week. I forgot to ask the price. I assumed about $700 (unlocked) since that's what the price is on many of the international sites and that's what I paid for my 600 but I did not ask. You're welcome to call and ask, please post if you get anything new.
    http://www.westfield.com/valleyfair/..._id=valleyfair It's 'Palm Cafe'
    Please don't everyone call if you see the answer here from someone else.

I might add that I went there specifically inquiring about the unlocked.
    Last edited by taylorh; 02/01/2005 at 03:59 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I might add that I went there specifically inquiring about the unlocked.
    Thanks for clarifying.

Hopefully, like I said before, I REALLY hope it's true...if it is, then I may actually get the unlocked version the say day I receive my Cingular Blue version in the mail. If so, I'll be calling Cingular Blue to return it right away...lol.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Thanks for clarifying.

Hopefully, like I said before, I REALLY hope it's true...if it is, then I may actually get the unlocked version the say day I receive my Cingular Blue version in the mail. If so, I'll be calling Cingular Blue to return it right away...lol.
    Heck yeah, I hope it's true too. I'm drooling like a dog starin' at a steak. Well not quite, but I am a tad anxious.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    he he he...yeah, my girlfriend already said to me, "This Treo is getting to be a bit obsessive for you." I told her tonight, "My obsession may finally come to an end since rumors are saying the unlocked version will be available this Thursday/Friday." Her reaction: a roll of the eyes...lol.
    it is sold at about US$650 for the unlocked Treo650. in Singapore it is sing$1180 and in hongkong it is HKD5488.
    Just ordered an UNLOCKED GSM from P1. 1-2 weeks for shipping!
  11.    #11  
    I also placed my order online (8:58 PM PST last night 2/1.) I think I got my order in within the first :30. I would have placed it 20 min sooner except I spent that much time pondering placing an order or taking my chance with the store. Then it ocurred to me that I could do both. I just happened to check (I handn't been checking often) the P1 site right before and after they put up the order link.

Now it's a matter of weather or not the store has them before or after my P1 order ships. I'll get it at the store and cancel my P1 order if it still hasn't shipped (whichever is available first.)
    Now that P1 is selling them online I'm pretty confident that the end of the week at the retail store is acurate. The problem is that I leave town early Friday morning, returning Monday evening, so I may be out of town when/if I get a call that they have them in which case I miss out unless they have more by next week.

No worries, I got my P1 web order in early and I'll see it in the next 1-2 weeks, that's all I care. I'm really not all that impatient to get it, but it would be cool to get it sooner than later if opportunity presents.
    My only concern all along was that I'd be the 5000th to place an order and end up backordered 2 months as we saw with the 600 last year.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)