1.    #1  
    I was sitting at my desk today and my phone made the "phone is starting up" noise. I pulled it out and it was at the sprint red/white screen that comes on when you power back up the phone portion of the T650. I know the phone portion was on, and it was key locked like normal. THe phone was sitting in a position where no keys could have been pressed anyway. Anyone else have this happen?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    You probably had a soft reset....been known to happen for no real reason.
    yes, I have had this problem as well. Likely a soft reset followed by the proper restarting of your radio
    Gene
    ##377
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Probably got a phone call. Happened with the 600 all the time. Instead of ringing it will soft reset to let you know that you need to call someone back, but it is anyone's guess as to what number you should be calling back! My buddy's Spring 650 is doing that right now too...even the 6315 that I thought was so great two days ago, has that problem.
  6.    #6  
    Looks like it was NOT an update lol... Lyndon_h i did the ##377 and get this:

"A reset was caused on 2/1/05 at 12:40pm while running MMNotify":

MemoryMgr.c, Line:3776, Invalid Handle

That is very very depressing....
    Quote Originally Posted by orgazmo
    "A reset was caused on 2/1/05 at 12:40pm while running MMNotify":

MemoryMgr.c, Line:3776, Invalid Handle
    That's something to do with VersaMail, which is known to have more than a quirk or two...
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    Probably got a phone call. Happened with the 600 all the time. Instead of ringing it will soft reset to let you know that you need to call someone back, but it is anyone's guess as to what number you should be calling back! My buddy's Spring 650 is doing that right now too...even the 6315 that I thought was so great two days ago, has that problem.
    I know you didn't mean it that way, but I found your post really funny (it's been a long day).

Friend: "Hey, your phone is doing crazy stuff. Looks like it's booting."
    Me: "No, that's normal. I'm just getting a call. I like it better than a crazy ring tone, although I can't talk on it."
    Just like my old Treo 600, everyday at 3:30 a.m. always turned on. I was told the Treo 650 did the reset when it rang, due to VersaMail. Thanks PalmOne!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Hmm. My phone did something weird today (which is why I checked this thread), and it wasn't a soft reset.

My phone suddenly popped up with a message like, "This phone is not set up for Vision. Would you like to set it up now?" As if it was the first time I'd turned it on. It then tried to connect, but the little dialog box said "Connecting to Sprint Provisioning" (rather than "Connecting to Vision"), and the main window title was "Phone Updater." After connecting, it briefly showed a striped progress bar... but then reported that the update was incomplete. Subsequent attempts to connect to Vision prompted an "out of service area" error.

Even though I'd been checking my e-mail and using Vision all morning.

Of course, now it works like before, as if nothing strange happened. I have no idea what that was all about.
    Mine had the same message about "This phone is not set up for Vision. Would you like to set it up now?", and running the "Phone Updater". It was unsuccessful twice, but completed the third attempt. But later in the day, it repeated this behavior. Anyone know what this is about?

__Rick
    West Point, VA