Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was checking out the new Motorola Razr cell phone online yesterday as I looked for a cell phone for my wife. The price tag seemed a bit steep ($500) until I read the spec. The Razr seems to have much that the 650 has:

http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/hell...l_specs.shtml?

And it looks gorgeous! What does the 650 have over the Razr, and I'm talking what does it have that's SIGNIFICANT?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    The Treo 650 has a full thumb keyboard, a larger higher resolution screen, much faster processor, wealth of PalmOS applications, Class 10 EDGE support etc.

The Razr is a cell phone with a few extra features. The Treo 650 a true smartphone. There is no easy direct comparison.
    A full keyboard.
    A stylus.
    A touch screen.
    Long list of available applications.
    Crappy Bluetooth.

That's just a short list.

Mark
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    The biggest and most significant difference is it's not a smart phone! No POS or PPC. It's a glorified flip phone! No real difference from their other phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz8
    I was checking out the new Motorola Razr cell phone online yesterday as I looked for a cell phone for my wife. The price tag seemed a bit steep ($500) until I read the spec. The Razr seems to have much that the 650 has:

And it looks gorgeous! What does the 650 have over the Razr, and I'm talking what does it have that's SIGNIFICANT?
    What does it have over the Treo? First of all they're totally different devices. One is a stylish handset and one is a powerful smartphone. They have totally different purposes and uses. If all you want a nice looking BT enabled phone, then get a Razr:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=547

But if you want a palmos device with powerful messaging/email/pda functionlaity/ multimedia etc, then get a treo... You need to figure out what you want or need first.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    out of the 15 razr's my store sold since it's release, every single one came back either for return or exchange. when you pack that many features into a cellphone that small, don't be surprised of the "trade-offs", which all too often and ironically enough is the ability to make/take and hold a call.

you're absolutely right about there being no comparison.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    I am thinking about getting the Razr as my second phone. A light weight, small phone that I can swap my SIM into when I donít need the full functionality of the treo or do not want to carry a phone of the treo's size. But as far as comparing the two, all you really have to do is look around here at the plethora of software and expansion options (like GPS) and there really isnít much comparison.

- E44
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    out of the 15 razr's my store sold since it's release, every single one came back either for return or exchange. when you pack that many features into a cellphone that small, don't be surprised of the "trade-offs", which all too often and ironically enough is the ability to make/take and hold a call.

you're absolutely right about there being no comparison.

Perhaps then I will rethink my options when selecting my second phone. Any suggestions? Looking for small, stylish, some data funcitons, well pretty much what the Razr does.
    Comparing Razr and Treo 650 is like comparing apples and oranges. Treo 650 is a Palm based PDA phone. Razr is a sleek looking cool non PDA phone. End of comparison.
    More like comparing a Harley and a Mercedes.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    Perhaps then I will rethink my options when selecting my second phone. Any suggestions? Looking for small, stylish, some data funcitons, well pretty much what the Razr does.
    It really depends on what you want in a 2nd phone... when I finally get the Treo 650 I will have 3 spares hanging around... Ericsson T39m, Motorola V600 and Motorola V620.

The Ericsson T39m (check eBay for great deals) which serves as my go anywhere phone -- it's got no camera, so it's good to go into many restricted areas but it has Bluetooth so I can continue to use my headset without issue.

The Motorola V600 and V620 make good all purpose phones... and they're cheap enough that if you beat them up you won't be crying about it.
    my opinion's biased, but for a while i was partial to both the nokia 6820 and the 6230. the 6820 has a full flip out qwerty, slightly better battery life, tri-band, video capture camera, and bluetooth, but a low rez display. whereas the 6230 had all that minus the qwerty pad, but a higher rez display and a mmc slot for mp3 playback. couple that with the all-black graphite shell and keypad and you have yourself one heckuva cellphone. not once did i ever remember dropping a call, which was really amazing considering the t-mobile coverage in my area.

BUT... if you were in the market for a flip phone, then i'd concur about the motorola v600/505. great battery life with quadband functionality. steer clear of the v300/400/551 due to shorter battery life for whatever reasons.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Rumor has it MOT will introduce a Windows Mobile based Razr in the future, but nothing concrete
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz8

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    this thread is a JOKE
    Heh. I agree, this thread isn't intended seriously. It's pretty funny. The RAZR is an absolutely fantastic phone - I played with a friend's. But what does it have to do with the Treo? If you're seriously considering both, you clearly haven't figured out what you want in a phone.

To completely reinforce this point, my friend with the RAZR *also* has a Treo 600 and just switches the SIM card between them depending on whether he wants a full functioned business tool or an ultracool ultraslim phone for going out clubbing at night...
    Tough question. While comparing the differences between the 650 and Razr, it occured to me that a chicken fried steak sandwich offers even better value. Which should I get?
    Quote Originally Posted by jflynn
    Tough question. While comparing the differences between the 650 and Razr, it occured to me that a chicken fried steak sandwich offers even better value. Which should I get?
    don't get chicken fried steak sandwich, get t-bone steak!
    lol
    oh man...
    not
    razr v3
    - phone
    - clamshell
    - 6mb storage
    - yes, its a FRICKING PHONE!!!!

treo 650
    - pda
    - phone
    - built in thumboard
    - 23mb storage+endless sd card
    - browser
    - it's a FRICKING pdaphone!!!

if you really want to hit on a girl, get a V3 razr, don't bring a treo 650, unless you want to be called a dork

v3 is out of league when compared with treo 650, its the same with treo 650, its out of league if its compared with v3, confused? i'm not
    SMALL! No way (IMO). Maybe thin, but certainly not small. Even closed it's huge.
    I am thinking about getting the Razr as my second phone. A light weight, small phone - E44
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    What about the Motorola MPX220?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast