Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21  
    um, we've learned not to mention the crippled Moto MPX220 here. Without a QWERTY keyboard or touch screen your PDA phone is completely nutered. This also goes for the Audiovox SMT560.
  2. #22  
    I have and use and love both. The only thing missing is the ability to pair the 2 via bluetooth

    I use them exactly as DougKoz described: the treo650 for business and the RAZR for weekends and clubs and for whenser I dont want to haul out my treo. The treo seems larger to me since using the V3...feels big and bulky in my hand. But I know thats the trade-off. I was able to get the apps I need on my RAZR including my exchange mail (with some hacks) and AIM. AIM is something I wish we had real support for on the 650

    So comparable? No way. But they both are fantastic in their own ways
  3. #23  
    I tried the razr for a month. Its much more of a hassle putting the sim in and removing it to and from the razr than the 650. You have to open the back, pull out the battery, and then flip the little metal switch.
    In my mind that's the only caveat about using the two with one sim.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDudeG4
    I have and use and love both. The only thing missing is the ability to pair the 2 via bluetooth

    I use them exactly as DougKoz described: the treo650 for business and the RAZR for weekends and clubs and for whenser I dont want to haul out my treo. The treo seems larger to me since using the V3...feels big and bulky in my hand. But I know thats the trade-off. I was able to get the apps I need on my RAZR including my exchange mail (with some hacks) and AIM. AIM is something I wish we had real support for on the 650

    So comparable? No way. But they both are fantastic in their own ways
    maybe you should try a handsfree device (See bluetooth) instead of getting another phone. Then again, some people have money to spare, others have to do research.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    um, we've learned not to mention the crippled Moto MPX220 here. Without a QWERTY keyboard or touch screen your PDA phone is completely nutered. This also goes for the Audiovox SMT560.

    YEP. Its 2005, a pda phone without a qwerty keyboard is just too tedious.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    maybe you should try a handsfree device (See bluetooth) instead of getting another phone. Then again, some people have money to spare, others have to do research.
    what does a handsfree device have to do with what I said?
  7. #27  
    I use both a T650 and a v3. The T650 is my main phone and I agree there is no comparison between it and a Razr. They are like night and day! I use my v3 when I don't want to carry my Treo; e.g., dinner party, jogging, or other social functions. It's great for that. I have the Razr as a 2nd phone, so I don't really have to switch SIMs. However, I do this at times so I can access web if needed and it does not cost me anything and receive/answer calls to my main number.

    The v3 is a great mobile phone. Good reception, great sound, excellent at voice dialing. What I hate about it though is the way in which Contacts are displayed. I think all Moto phones have this problem, but not sure. Multiple numbers for the same name are listed sequentially. So if I have five numbers for Mike and five numbers for Morris there are 10 listings. My Nokia 6820 listed one name with multiple numbers hidden behind the name. It would also search based on letters entered; e.g., enter m, then i, then k would jump to Mike. The Moto will not search past the first letter entered with the key. To overcome this I use odd characters at the beginning of names. I've talked with other Moto phone users who do the same.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    What about the Motorola MPX220?


    Don't do it . The unit is the worst, bought it back it in Nov 2003 and it was a poor smart phone. The Microsoft mobile CE.......sucks.
  9. #29  
    GWB hit it on the head...Harleys and Mercedes....each with it's own style and purpose.

    Forget the flip version...the RAZR SLVR V8 looks nice....candybar form factor....like a Sanyo SCP-6000 on steroid.
  10. #30  
    bad comparison bro......two very different devices
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  11. #31  
    I can't believe we are even humoring a topic like this...is there really a need to compare a Cavalier with a Mercedes??
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions