1.    #1  
    Hi, I have a Treo 650 with Sprint and I have installed the btmute app to auto mute the mic when using a bluetooth headset so the volume will increase(I believe shadowmite made the app) but unfortunately when I am on a call and need to press a number key, like for checking voice mail, the volume drops considerably and I cannot figure out why or how to increase it again. The volume on my headset ( an hbh-660 from SE) is all the way up and so is the volume on the handset, but still, I can barely hear! Very frustrating. Does anyone know of a fix for this, where to get it and how to do it? Please help me. Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    bump
    I have had the same issue.
  4.    #4  
    Is there a fix for this? Does Shadowmites rom replacement fix this? I need this fixed, it's so annoying when I'm checking voicemail and the sound drops so low I can't hear my voicemail. Please, tell me there is a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by braincell
    Hi, I have a Treo 650 with Sprint and I have installed the btmute app to auto mute the mic when using a bluetooth headset so the volume will increase(I believe shadowmite made the app) but unfortunately when I am on a call and need to press a number key, like for checking voice mail, the volume drops considerably and I cannot figure out why or how to increase it again. The volume on my headset ( an hbh-660 from SE) is all the way up and so is the volume on the handset, but still, I can barely hear! Very frustrating. Does anyone know of a fix for this, where to get it and how to do it? Please help me. Thanks.
    Well actually I created the program.

The problem is this:

the mute fix that BTmute automates is a work around to a deeply seeded problem inside of the phone application. Once the volume has been increased by BTmute, it will stay in effect *until* any DMTF tones are sent by the phone application. Once these tones are sent the volume will revert back to the old lousy level that you had before BTmute increased the volume. There is no way to bring the volume back up again for this phone call. I know its a pain but as of right now there is nothing I can do about this behavior. That's again because the problem is a nasty bug deep in the phone application. I am working on coming up with possible solutions but so far I am hitting the wall at every turn.

I know this is not the answer you wanted but at least BTmute works for those calls when you do not need to send DMTF tones - right???? There is *some* comfort in that - at least everyone's BT headsets are not unusable now.

Jeff
    Jeff,

Thanks for that! It explains why BTMute does not work for my work voicemail favorite that has the account and password concatenated to the number via the 'More' setting in favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Well actually I created the program.

Once the volume has been increased by BTmute, it will stay in effect *until* any DMTF tones are sent by the phone application. Once these tones are sent the volume will revert back to the old lousy level that you had before BTmute increased the volume. There is no way to bring the volume back up again for this phone call.
    Jeff
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  7.    #7  
    Thanks. Sorry for giving someone else credit for your app. It helps a lot. I hope there is a fix soon. Thanks again. Do you think the GSM version will have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by braincell
    Thanks. Sorry for giving someone else credit for your app. It helps a lot. I hope there is a fix soon. Thanks again. Do you think the GSM version will have this problem?
    Not a problem. Actually Shadowmite has done some great things and he has developed a reputation for the phone application. Natural mistake.

I have not heard yet if the GSM version has this problem too. I would be *very* interested in knowing this.

Is there an early adopter out there that can do a couple of BT volume test and let me know if BTmute is needed on GSM phones? Try starting up a phone call and once your BT headset has kicked in, toggle your mute button and see if the volume in your headset increased.

Thanks,

Jeff
    do gsm phones have the same problem?