Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    yea!
    its NOT DUN disabled!
    so its enabled by default!
    yay!
    lookie here!

    http://wolwol.smugmug.com/photos/15168421-M.jpg
  2. #2  
    if thata the case.. is it a more stable vers & can shadow hack it out for the rest of us?
  3. #3  
    Nice catch.

    Todd/Indy
  4. #4  
    Yeah, in Singapore.
    ~'kito
  5. #5  
    Where did you get one from?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    if thata the case.. is it a more stable vers & can shadow hack it out for the rest of us?
    for all intents and purposes, this should be no different that the patch released by shadowmite. it's not like the 650 wi-fi hack where he had to custom compile it from the t5 drivers. bt dun was always there, he just flipped the switch to turn it back on.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  7. #7  
    wolwol: how much did you get and where did you get?

    I will be getting a S710a but also, i wonder should i just get 650 (already have a 600 and do not use it much)

    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    yea!
    its NOT DUN disabled!
    so its enabled by default!
    yay!
    lookie here!

    http://wolwol.smugmug.com/photos/15168421-M.jpg
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    for all intents and purposes, this should be no different that the patch released by shadowmite. it's not like the 650 wi-fi hack where he had to custom compile it from the t5 drivers. bt dun was always there, he just flipped the switch to turn it back on.
    Actually it should be different because Shadowmite did turn on the switch, but the implementation wasn't perfect since one would have to soft reset after use on occasion.

    If this has been tested and them released, it would be great to see the code in the file.

    Too bad for us CDMA users, we can't just use that file, shadow said there are referenes to different libraries in the GSM version.
  9. #9  
    is there or ever will be an unlocked cdma 650?. how bout those vienna channel 650's... were they all locked to sprint?
  10. #10  
    Unlocked is not a clearly defined term for CDMA.
    Technically any CDMA phone can be used with any CDMA carrier, as long as the carrier will allow it. For example, any Sprint phone can be activated on Verizon, since verizon will add ESN numbers to its database.
    Conversly, Sprint will not add any ESNs other than those of the phones it sells and supports.

    Also for being unlocked, with CDMA, implementations of certain things such as sms and other things are different. So even if Verizon added the ESN of a Sprint Treo 650, you would be able to use the phone functionality, but not the data functionality unless you did a lot of in depth modifications to the phone's software.
  11. #11  
    I'd be very interested in seeing the bt files on this unbranded phone. It's possible it's more stable and they have fixed it. It's also possible we can use it on the other crippled phones. It's all a matter of trying...
  12. #12  
    Yes, please share your palm filles
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I'd be very interested in seeing the bt files on this unbranded phone. It's possible it's more stable and they have fixed it. It's also possible we can use it on the other crippled phones. It's all a matter of trying...
    Yew can dew eet!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    wolwol: how much did you get and where did you get?

    I will be getting a S710a but also, i wonder should i just get 650 (already have a 600 and do not use it much)
    unfortunately its not mine
    sorry
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I'd be very interested in seeing the bt files on this unbranded phone. It's possible it's more stable and they have fixed it. It's also possible we can use it on the other crippled phones. It's all a matter of trying...
    you might want to pm the guy @ spug.net, the one that did the review directly shadowmite
  16. #16  
    UNLOCKED GSM now available on P1 for $599! Just ordered: 1-2 weeks delivery.
  17. #17  
    why can't we just dump the entire ROM out and write an install so that we can install it on the branded version. I know it sounds easier than to do.
  18. #18  
    This is not new news, when the Treo 650 story first broke, the reason people knew that the CDMA version had DUN removed, was because the GSM versions had it enabled... See back to original reviews on treocentral, around the time the 650 was first released...



  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPhong
    why can't we just dump the entire ROM out and write an install so that we can install it on the branded version. I know it sounds easier than to do.
    here's a question:

    has it ever been done on treo 600?
    dumping cingular ROM and installing a non-branded rom?
    the only thing that i know that can be done is unlocking it, that's about it
  20. #20  
    By unlocking, you are in essence flashing the rom to an unlocked one, so yes it has been done on the cingular 600.

    As far as doing it on the 650, it should be easier than flashing the whole ROM (although that will have advantages as well), it should just be a matter of a few files at most.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions