1.    #1  
    I have a reader on my Visor and wanted to download a few books from memoware.com, such as Bram Stoker's Dracula and Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities. These are zipped docs and I have winzip on my computer. After downloading to my "add-on" file and unzipping, each chapter is a separate document. Do I need to add each chapter separately during a hot sync? Isn't there some way to transfer all the chapters as one single doc.??
    Thanks for anyones help.
    There might be a way to make them one huge document, but they are easier to manage as a bunch of separate documents.

You can use the installation tool to get them all. Open up the tool, select ADD, go to the place the files are, click on the first one, hold down the shift key and click on the last one.
    All of them should be selected.
    Then click OK and do a hotsynch.
  3.    #3  
    OK, thanks.
    I did as you instructed and it worked. Now a second question. When I download (such as the books I mentioned in the initial post), I specify download to the Palm "add-on" folder. After it downloads and then needs to be unzipped it ends up in the unzipped file as part of the winzip software. In order to add it to the install to load onto the VISOR during a hot sync, I first have to copy the files from the unzipped file to the "add-on" folder. Is there some way to get the downloaded stuff to be unzipped right into the "add-on" folder??
    Thanks again for all responses!
    Actually, you can just double-click the file in Explorer and it will launch the Install app, showing the filename in the list ready to be sync'd. You can also drag-and-drop .PRC and .PDB files from Explorer to Install as well.

When unzipping with WinZip, you can also extract the .PRC's and .PDB's to the default Install directory - ie: C:\Program Files\Palm\<username>\Install. Any files in this directory will be installed on the next sync.

------------------
    MarkEagle - Ice is nice!

[This message has been edited by MarkEagle (edited 04-21-2000).]
    When dealing with extraction, I just use right-click to drag the file to where I want to extract it, let go, and it'll ask you if you want to do it in the directory you picked, or make its own subdirectory.. so I just easily have each file have its own subdirectory in Add-ons

Get Powerdesk from www.ontrack.com

There's a free version (that I use now) and I love it.. Been using powerdesk for the last 2 years and I wouldn't browse files any other way.

So again.. In the add-on folder I just hold right-click on a file, drag the cursor out of the way, let it go, and extract it to its own directory. T he only interaction you'll have with WinZip is clicking on Agree.

With powerdesk, though, you can browse zip files and just copy the file itself (without really unzipping it) to whatever directory you want. That might even be easier once you realize how great it can be.

If you don't understand at all what I'm talking about, just shoot me an email and I'll try to help you out better