Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    can you convert your mp3 songs with a windows XP program and then play them with real player in your treo 650?

You don't have to convert to play in Real player. Real already supports mp3...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by massaloch
    What I REALLY want is an all-in-one handheld device with 50-100g of solid state storage, always-on broadband connectivity that doesn't interfere with incoming/outgoing calls, and which is seamlessly integrated with my personal computing/entertainment enviroment.
    What you want is a smartphone convergence device with integrated HD and true 3G connectivity (i.e, UMTS, 1xEvDv) with simutaneous data and voice. There are already streaming audio apps like
    Xdrive that let you stream your music library to your Treo. Also you could stream via Kinoma your video library as well...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <---------------------------

My avatar says it all. I'm glad I have both, and I don't feel obligated to have a huge SD card in my treo.

But, I will admit, that you have to like music variety to justify a "music specific" device.
    Last edited by ButtUglyJeff; 03/20/2005 at 08:13 AM.
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by massaloch
    And really finally, I'd like to see an ipod<->treo cable/conduit - I could definitely see pulling a hour or two's worth of music from my ipod onto my treo if I could do it on the fly. Plug the ipod and treo together, and then browse the ipod with the treo, marking songs for download ... now aint that an idea!

My 2c
    Mark
    Check out the USB Bridge by Delkin:
    http://www.delkin.com/delkin_products_usb_bridge.html

With Card Export II (http://www.softick.com/cardexport2), you may just be golden.
    Last edited by dtbroyhill; 03/21/2005 at 12:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Now that I have a Treo, I see no reason to get an iPod.

For short-term usage I have the Treo.

For long-term usage in "fixed" and "semi-fixed" installations (like my car) I have my XM Roady.

Satellite radio >>>> any storage-based player for variety and exposure to new music.

As to connecting a Treo to a stereo system - From what I've heard, in most situations, connecting the Treo to a line-in input won't work because Treos interpret a high impedance as meaning a headset is connected instead of stereo headphones. You would need some sort of adapter that presents the Treo with impedance similar to a pair of headphones. (A few resistors would probably be more than sufficient for this, if you assume that the line-out has very high impedance, a 64-ohm resistor from each channel to ground would be more than sufficient to fool the Treo safely. I don't know what the impedance threshold the Treo uses to make its decision is, you might be able to use a resistance significantly higher than 64 ohms.)
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    What you want is a smartphone convergence device with integrated HD and true 3G connectivity (i.e, UMTS, 1xEvDv) with simutaneous data and voice. There are already streaming audio apps like
    Xdrive that let you stream your music library to your Treo. Also you could stream via Kinoma your video library as well...
    If you have a mac, you can broadcast your itunes library or playlists via a program called nicecast from your own computer and avoid having to pay the $10 monthly service fee that Xdrive charges.
    God I love my Mac. Thanks for that tip!
    I think the Treo makes an excellent iPod replacement. The key is to use good quality headphones. I have the Sony Isolator earbuds that sound excellent, uses very strong wire that is tangle resistant, and has a really small elbow jack.

And now that I swapped out my original jack for a 3.5 mm one, I don't have to use any stinkin' adapters.

I am thinking of getting a cheap handheld MP3 player for the gym and bike rides. Sweat and steam is not good for the treo.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    if its the interface you like, look for "Mocean" from motionapps
    HOLY THREAD REVIVAL!!

Anyway, since the advent of the fat32 patch, using 4GB sd card for the Treo has made it alot more useful as a mp3 player making it equivalent to iPod nanos...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123