Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    This is really cool! If you have space on your card, you can download the entire Wikipedia encyclopedia on your Treo (or any palm) in Tomeraider format for FREE! Check it out!

    http://members.chello.nl/epzachte/Wi...wnloadTR3.html

    Note: the file is 500+ MB...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2. #2  
    Wow, 500+ MB?? It would be nice to have a 2GB card right about now. Thanks for lookin' out, gfunk!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Wow, 500+ MB?? It would be nice to have a 2GB card right about now. Thanks for lookin' out, gfunk!
    Speaking of which - when will that 2gig card be affordable...
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    Speaking of which - when will that 2gig card be affordable...
    I'd give it 3-5 months from now until we see some good sales.
  5. #5  
    gfunk,

    what about the search function? i have the wikipedia on tr3 now, but it's pretty useless if you need to locate the artilce, which has the information you're looking for, by its title. and if you do 'find' it takes forever with the large wikipedia. i waited 5 minutes and it still didn't turn up the information i was looking for.

    what do you think?
    treo 650 + SanDisk Ultra II 2GB
    in the process of selling the treo 650 and buying Qtek 9100.
  6. #6  
    If the SD Card you are using is too small to download the whole wikipedia file, you may want to try out http://pda.en.wapedia.org/ It's a free mobile verison of the wikipedia that you can use through blazer or the browser of your choice. I actually think that this is one of the more useful (and good mobile sites) out there for treo users.
  7. #7  
    i don't always have internet connection on my treo, so i like the wikipedia in my 2gig sd. but i only complain about the speed of the search function.
    treo 650 + SanDisk Ultra II 2GB
    in the process of selling the treo 650 and buying Qtek 9100.
  8. #8  
    this works well with my 2, 2gb sd cards
    Old Nokia - Nokia 3390 Sidekick 1 (black and white) - Sidekick Color - Treo 600 - Sidekick 2 - Blackberry 7100t - Treo 650 and razr black (best combo EVER) Iphone 8gb - Iphone 3G 16gb - BlackBerry Bold
  9. urban75's Avatar
    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    This is really cool! If you have space on your card, you can download the entire Wikipedia encyclopedia on your Treo (or any palm) in Tomeraider format for FREE! Check it out!

    http://members.chello.nl/epzachte/Wi...wnloadTR3.html

    Note: the file is 500+ MB...
    It's not free anymore, btw, as they're now charging $25 for the privilege.
  10. santas's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    If the SD Card you are using is too small to download the whole wikipedia file, you may want to try out http://pda.en.wapedia.org/ It's a free mobile verison of the wikipedia that you can use through blazer or the browser of your choice. I actually think that this is one of the more useful (and good mobile sites) out there for treo users.
    This is a great site. Thanks!
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    This is a great site. Thanks!
    I agree. Very useful. And $25 for a static version of a constantly dynamic document/site? No thanks.
    Last edited by PabloTX; 07/27/2006 at 01:03 PM.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    Speaking of which - when will that 2gig card be affordable...
    Affordable???? Its ONLY $35 BUCKS on newegg.... thats a steal for 2gigs and I got a kingston.... You want stuff to be .2 cents......
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by SymbianPalm
    Affordable???? Its ONLY $35 BUCKS on newegg.... thats a steal for 2gigs and I got a kingston.... You want stuff to be .2 cents......
    You may want to keep in mind that he posted his comment almost 1 1/2 years ago.
  14. #14  
    Not paying $25 for that. Anyone download it who wants to share just IM away to me . LOL .
  15. #15  
    Anyone have a copy of a reasonably sized Wikipedia TR3? I recall seeing one from around 2004 which was 300-400m.. The 'current' one at 1.1G is way too big..

    Maybe Rapidshare it?
  16. #16  
    The free mobile site http://pda.en.wapedia.org/ doesn't work. Any one have an updated link?
  17. #17  
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A

Posting Permissions