Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm coming off of a horrible experience with the t270 and I need a replacement. I swore I would not get another Treo, but today I got the email about the $99 T600 from cingular, and for that price I might be able to handle a few problems. (And I know that the insurance plan is a necessity for when it goes to hell.)

What are the biggest (most common) problems with the t600? With the 270 I was always getting crappy reception, the lid kept breaking, and the phone kept freezing up forcing me to do a 'radio reset' by draining the battery. Obviously the 600 doesn't have a lid, but how is the reception and how often does it lock up?

I'm not exactly planning to be a power user (I could be, but I figure the less features I use the more reliable it will be). With my 270 I ended up removing all third party software to fix the stability issues. For $99 all I'm looking for is the equivalent of my Palm Vx with a phone built in. Any other features are just candy.

The other thing I noticed is that the cingular plans didn't seem as nice as my current T-mobile plan. Now I'm paying $30 a month for 300 mins and unlimited weekends and it works pretty well for me. I can also turn on a $20 a month unlimited data plan for when I go on business trips. Cingular will only give me 250 mins for the same $30 (plus 1000 on weekends, but that should be enough), and I don't see anything like the $20 data plan. I'm also assuming that with the AT&T merger coverage won't be a problem (I'm planning to move next fall, but I don't know where yet).
    Long story short, you would be better off ordering from Treo Central for $99.
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...0_cingular.htm
    You can order MEdia Works from them for $19.99 a month. If I were you I would do it soon.

I like my 600 a lot and with the faster processor does not require as many resets as the 270 did, in fact it rarely resets. I think it is a very good product.

Since the merger coverage in many areas is excellent.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    That's what I meant, order from treocentral with the cingular contract. Why soon? It looks like the deal will be available until the end of february (I guess that is pretty soon...)
    I was looking at getting this deal too. Does anyone know why it dissappeared?