Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Thanks for the browser hint. I tried it in MSIE and it took my entry.
    got mine today. thanks!
    got mine today, too. Pretty quick on getting it here...
    My CD number didn't work either and I called today and they said they need both, but I left the CD home. Is this just a standard number?? If anyone can post it, I'd appreciate. He wouldn't do it with Serial No. alone.
    Card arrived by USPS yesterday--generic brand (not Palm branded).
    Are there any Aussies here? I'm finding out if there's a program applicable for us.
    Dear All,

I live in Asia and after getting my 650 tried to claim my SD card as promised.

I cannot registered through the website, so I emailed support and the answer that came back is that it applied to the US ONLY !!
    I disagreed and asked them to point out to me where in the site or any other info releases from PalmOne that said it applied to US ONLY, and I have not heard from them since.

After so many years of using Palm, it pained me to see that they can mislead and discriminate people like that. Is my 650 not as worthy as any bought in the US and is not the memory issue applied to all 650 and not limited to those purchased in the US ?

Now, I may have missed the small fine print somewhere that says it apply to US ONLY, can someone point it out or direct me to the site that say so ? or is the PalmOne support people just lied to me and tried to avoid giving me the SD card ?

Thanks for listening to my rant, but I am really angry

rgds
    Idian
    Quote Originally Posted by idian
    Dear All,

I cannot registered through the website, so I emailed support and the answer that came back is that it applied to the US ONLY !!
    I disagreed and asked them to point out to me where in the site or any other info releases from PalmOne that said it applied to US ONLY, and I have not heard from them since.

After so many years of using Palm, it pained me to see that they can mislead and discriminate people like that. Is my 650 not as worthy as any bought in the US and is not the memory issue applied to all 650 and not
    limited to those purchased in the US ?

Now, I may have missed the small fine print somewhere that says it apply to US ONLY, can someone point it out or direct me to the site that say so ? or is the PalmOne support people just lied to me and tried to avoid giving me the SD card ?

Thanks for listening to my rant, but I am really angry

rgds
    Idian
    I don't really blame you. I also feel cheated by P1 as I went thru. the same exercise of trying to register for the SD card! I bet you the people at the local P1 office would tell you the same thing if you asked them. That's why they had to offer freebies such as 20% discount off the battery and free subscription to an online magazine. It's a real pity since I think the t650 is a much improved product over the 600. It's just that the mgmt. at P1 seem to be still living in the dark..... They just need to get their act together. I enquired from one of the dealers listed for the discount off the battery, but 3 of the dealers I called all said "they heard nothing about such a deal"!!
    This really shows P1 either is short of resources or they don't make sure they deliver as promised!! I've said it in this post sometime before. IF P1 DOES NOT GET ITS ACT TOGETHER REAL SOON, IT'S GOODBYE P1 AND HELLO POCKET PC!! And this includes all the die-hard loyal Palm supporters!

Disappointed
    I suggest you go to your country's Consumer Complaints Centre.
    I ordered mine last Tuesday, it arrived yesterday. Great job Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by osxman
    I suggest you go to your country's Consumer Complaints Centre.
    I did, and it was them who told me to write an email to Palm support.
    This thread should be sticky.
    Quote Originally Posted by idian
    Dear All,

I got the same run-around. I sent a reply email stating that I was a Palm customer since the Vx, and had collected so many contacts that I couldn't transfer them from the 600 to the 650. I also asked that to make contact with the initial contact's supervisor. After this email, they sent me a nice email saying they would be sending me the free SD card as "an offer of goodwill".

-- Rod
    I got my Treo650 about 6 weeks ago. Do I still get the SD card ?
    ^ Yes it is free for everyone.
    Woohoo! Just ordered my free ard (got my Cingular 650 yesterday). Thanks for the tip!
    Thanks for this reminder, I just received my unlocked unbranded treo 650. The website said my id number was invalid, but called the number and the sd card is on it's way.
    got my 650 a few days ago, I also had to call in, because the website didn't recognize the id#, no problem, card is on it's way.
    I got mine....thanks! I actually have 2 650's (mine and my SO's). I'm shocked that I could only do one phone at a time vs both to save with shipping (save them, not me since it's free). O' well, just glad it's done.
    Can you give me that telephone number. I can't seem to get it.
    Thanks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast