1.    #1  
    I'm ready to buy and am trying to figure out the best / fastest way to do it. Looks like I will have to pay full price because I'm already a sprint customer, and still within the 18 months.

I may order from Palm One. I called Sprint / Lockline and the insurance program is still valid as long as I still pay the premiums. I beleive the changed it for new customers so it only covers 300.00

I'm a little leary of buying off ebay. Here is one for sale and the seller only has a feedback rating of 4. Seems a little shifty.

Best buy wanted 699.00 with a 50.00 rebate.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    I have one in the back of my car, come over here around this corner...
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Well, it all depends on how much you want to save and how much risk you want to deal with. There are a good amount of scams out there on eBay these days, which really blows. I remember back in the day when you could actually trust people on eBay. Most likely you'll end up paying around the same amount no matter where you go. Palm and Sprint directly will be the most expensive with eBay being cheaper.

Joe
  4.    #4  
    I called Lockline and they assured me if I bought from PalmOne that I could add the phone to the insurance but I'd rather make sure and get it from a Sprint Store.

It still blows that I can't get any discounts because I'm a customer (i.e. I'm being punished for being a long time sprint customer.

Also, as much as I'd like to go GSM, I'd have to pay sprint 150, plus someday Cingular might catch on to how everyone is sidestepping their EXPENSIVE data plans and crack down on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by coreysapp
    Cingular might catch on to how everyone is sidestepping their EXPENSIVE data plans and crack down on that.
    How are people doing that? I'm new to this and would like a GSM T650 on Cingular, but the price of the data plans just kills that idea. Can you give us some pointers? Thanks!
    I called Lockline and they assured me if I bought from PalmOne that I could add the phone to the insurance but I'd rather make sure and get it from a Sprint Store.

It still blows that I can't get any discounts because I'm a customer (i.e. I'm being punished for being a long time sprint customer.

Also, as much as I'd like to go GSM, I'd have to pay sprint 150, plus someday Cingular might catch on to how everyone is sidestepping their EXPENSIVE data plans and crack down on that.
    What?? You're not being punished at all. Tell me another carrier that gives you a guaranteed $150 for upgrades every 18 months. Your only punishment is extra cash you're doling out because you don't want to wait another 6 months (or whatever's left on the age of your phone). If they gave out $150 every time an exisiting customer wanted a new phone, without some sort of age restriction, they'd quickly run themselves out of business, no?

LOL, yes, customer loyalty has its price but works in reverse with most carriers, not just sprint. In reality, you should exhaust your plan (18 months of the 2 yr plan) before you seek an upgrade to maximize your saving.

As for Cingular catching on to TreoLanders who lie about having a Treo650 that remains to be seen. I don't know who the loser is, the customer who pays a premium price for an unlocked phone, or cingular.

If Sprint offers you unlimited vision for $15 then why bother to break your contract to go to Cingular to pay more $19.95~$40 based on which rep quoted you the price?
    I have a brand new 650 you can have...
    let me know if your interested...
    "If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - just so long as I'm the dictator."
    George W Bush

"The victor will never be asked if he told the truth"
    "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it"
    Adolf Hitler

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts"
    Abraham Lincoln