Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hello all.

I've been trying out all of the MP3 ringtone apps I can find, and I seem to be having the same issue. I hope someone can help.

I have found that my MP3 ringtones continue to play after the call is answered. This gets to be VERY annoying, as both the caller and I have to wait for it to finish. I have only tried apps that work with PTunes, and feel it may be an issue with PTunes not receiving the STOP command. I've written them for help, but to no avail.

Is this a common issue? Should I try Ringo Pro, since it has it's own MP3 module? Any help/ideas/input is greatly appreciated!!
    It is a common issue, A workaround is available though, if you press one of the volume keys just before answering the phone it will stop the music so that the caller doesn't hear the ringtone.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I don't have this problem at all using mRing - the music stops when I answer the phone.
    With lightwave I believe answering with the center butto will prevent this
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Luft: What version of mring and PTunes do you have?
    mRing 2.0.3 and ptunes 3.0.6 Deluxe - I believe these are the latest versions available.

I tried answering different ways and the music always shuts off.
    does anyone know of an mp3 ringtone app that does not require me to purchase pocket tunes
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Ringo Pro will allow you to use mp3s for your ringtone without Pocket Tunes. You can purchase it directly from Sprint.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Luft: That is what I have as well (I updated to 3.0.6 last night, but same problem).

It's very weird. The call comes in, I hit the answer button on the screen, the MP3 continues to play, I hit the HANG-UP ALL button and it stops as the call is disconnected... VERY weird.

I have tried the workaround that Tekara mentioned, but I have to turn the volume all the way DOWN before answering the call.

Am I missing some simple prefreneces option or something??

This is VERY frustrating....

Thanks!
    ResDog